Byakuya's combo is kicking my nuts with sadism

Ekir

So I'm trying 

2A, 2A, autocombo with A, qcf+c, cancel (DD)...(*) qcf+b, qcf+b, qcf+b and finally qcf+c

(note:qcf=236, if you'd rather want that)

(*) this part is what is kicking my balls. I get you must cancel just a moment before ending that previous qcf+c, in a way your rival is still slightly in the air and you're in the ground, so the next trio of qcf+b (or qcf+a if you want it) can make your character autojump with that combo hitting him in the air.

But O.M.G. the window to introduce those commands is so little. and just before the ending qcf+c, is easy that your combo is already finished with the guy laying on the floor.

Oh well... I managed 87 hits ... I guess I need to keep trying. To think other fighting games have platinums way, way harder...

1 hour ago, Ekirne77 said:

So I'm trying 

2A, 2A, autocombo with A, qcf+c, cancel (DD)...(*) qcf+b, qcf+b, qcf+b and finally qcf+c

(note:qcf=236, if you'd rather want that)

(*) this part is what is kicking my balls. I get you must cancel just a moment before ending that previous qcf+c, in a way your rival is still slightly in the air and you're in the ground, so the next trio of qcf+b (or qcf+a if you want it) can make your character autojump with that combo hitting him in the air.

But O.M.G. the window to introduce those commands is so little. and just before the ending qcf+c, is easy that your combo is already finished with the guy laying on the floor.

Oh well... I managed 87 hits ... I guess I need to keep trying. To think other fighting games have platinums way, way harder...

The hardest part is definitely the 236 B X3 after the cancel IMO. Do you use the directional pad or the analog stick? I found this easier with the stick as this combo requires you to put the inputs in pretty quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Judge Judy said:

That sounds painful.

it does. I will be walking funny for some days after this, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The hardest part is definitely the 236 B X3 after the cancel IMO. Do you use the directional pad or the analog stick? I found this easier with the stick as this combo requires you to put the inputs in pretty quickly.

true, those 'rekkas' are tearing my soul apart. Ummmm I'm using the directional pad, and I thought that was 100% the way to go... so your statement confuses me! I may end trying that, because with the directional pad I end missing parts of inputs often.

• Like 1

I did it 100% with the d-pad, those kind of motions aren't that hard to do on the d-pad..

As for the combo that I used, I kind of made one myself.. I think it was the juggle start that the guides say, then 1 incomplete auto combo (A), followed by a complete auto combo and then I did the 236+C special > cancel > 236+C special.

When I say incomplete auto combo, I mean that I finish it at the 236+A move, the full one as 1 more move.

The idea is to get 45 hits or something before the 1st special, then do that special > cancel > special to get to 90+ (I think that I got 95 hits..).

And the initial part is a pain because at the 3rd time they hit kind of hit the ground, you can't pick them up to continue the combo..

I think that I used Veil off, but not 100% sure..

Sorry for not being more speciffic, but I kind of forgot the exact changes that I did to get the combo (well I was also kind of trying different ways to see what would work to get the number of hits that I needed before using the specials..).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekirne77 said:

it does. I will be walking funny for some days after this, that's for sure. 

true, those 'rekkas' are tearing my soul apart. Ummmm I'm using the directional pad, and I thought that was 100% the way to go... so your statement confuses me! I may end trying that, because with the directional pad I end missing parts of inputs often.

Give it a try. I did 100% of the challenges using the stick and none of them took more than 30 minutes.

• Like 1

ok I got the platinum, thank you people for your support!

however looking at the numbers in the middle of the combos didn't work for me, it was too distracting.

I tried the stick, but didn't work either, I guess I'm more a directional pad guy for these things I dunno...

In the end... trial and error the whole time, to see when and where could I use that next move, that next rekka... and 96 hits! yes!

I'm crying tears of joy ? omg I'm not going to try more fighting games in a looong time, only SFV for casual combats from time to time!

• 10 months later...

yup this ones kicking mine to the highest i can get is 74 i just dont seem to know were im going wrong with this, any advice would be helpful, i have watched many vids and they just dont seem to help, im sure its my timeing somewere i have been at this for just over a week lol

• 5 months later...

I know I'm late, but anyone else who is struggling, I would suggest trying my combo. It's a very similar but altered version of what the OP was trying. I couldn't ever manage 236x3 (or qcf+c) and keep the dummy on the ground... so I decided to come up with my own ideas, and they worked. Now the combo is not hard for me at all. 

• 2 years later...

for who try this trophy you can hold 2 4 X square combo when you see the counter 24 you have to do the  236 circle EX and when it's counter to 48 or 50 you have to chain shift if the combo is finish in orange color you fail it  , but when you chain shift wait a short time the effect blue is gone ( maybe 0.5 or 1 second to wait the blue chain shift effect gone) dont spam multiple 236 triangle button , try to do the first 236 triangle with take your time but not too slow too  if you success you see the IA flying in the sky if not you have fail , do this 2-3 times if you see combo 62 when you do the last 236 circle you fail it and finish to 89 combo ( it's have happened to me 4 times i finished with 89 combo)

the important thing is after the chain shift DD button croix x 2 is take your time for doing only one 236 triangle, it's why i failed too many times after the chain shift if you spam the button you up the risk to fail it's can pass but it's very rare.

• 1 month later...

I will chime in with my own combo, since I just did this now and maybe it will help future players who wish to attempt this awesome game :D 

- pick Waldstein as your opponent, he is the chunkiest boi in the game.

- get him into the corner and put your upper web (⬇️↙️⬅️ + C)

- start with a good combo of your choice (I prefer jump+C followed by AA -> Down+B), which will lead into your Rekka (⬇️↘️➡️+A (X3)) . I prefer Down+B since it can easily connect into the Rekka

- Once the Rekka finishes, Waldstein should hit the web which will net you another 2 hits (I had 22 hits at this point). Then it's time to input your super HAHAHA (⬇️↘️➡️+C)

- When Byakuya goes Sore , Sore, SORE! cancel with double tapping X at the second Sore.

- quickly input the second Rekka (⬇️↘️➡️+A (X3)) then followed by another HAHAHA  (⬇️↘️➡️+C) - no clue how that attack is called but you get the idea.

Like this, you should easily get 92-93 hits. The hardest part is actually inputting the Rekka and not doing a DP by accident (where Byakuya dashes forward and puts a web trap instead)

Hope it helps!

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2018 at 2:37 AM, Midnightwards666 said:

I know I'm late, but anyone else who is struggling, I would suggest trying my combo. It's a very similar but altered version of what the OP was trying. I couldn't ever manage 236x3 (or qcf+c) and keep the dummy on the ground... so I decided to come up with my own ideas, and they worked. Now the combo is not hard for me at all. 

I found a shorter and easier way to do it with your combo:

2A, 2A, 5A (mash until 22 hits), 236C, DD (48 hits), 236BBB, 236C

I don't know if that's the correct way to write the bolded part, but basically what you have to do is keep 6 held and press B 3 times. Byakuya will jump in the air and then back down while hitting the opponent. The timing is a little strict here, but you have to input 236C as soon as Byakuya hits the ground so that it connects. You should get more than 90 hits after doing this set of moves (I got 91). I hope this helps anyone else.

Thanks for sharing your combo!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2021-11-06 at 4:31 AM, cr1s said:

I found a shorter and easier way to do it with your combo:

2A, 2A, 5A (mash until 22 hits), 236C, DD (48 hits), 236BBB, 236C

I don't know if that's the correct way to write the bolded part, but basically what you have to do is keep 6 held and press B 3 times. Byakuya will jump in the air and then back down while hitting the opponent. The timing is a little strict here, but you have to input 236C as soon as Byakuya hits the ground so that it connects. You should get more than 90 hits after doing this set of moves (I got 91). I hope this helps anyone else.

Thanks for sharing your combo!

Thank you! This worked like a charm!