Predict the hardest platinum of the 2013 games.

Mr_MovieMan29

Predict what games that will be released on 2013 will be the hardest, and how many platinum a you think you will get.

My predictions for hardest platinums:

- Dead Space 3 - Dead Space is always somewhat challenging

- The Last of Us - The gameplay looks like it will be challenging, and Naughty Dog might decide to actually make a tough game. This really looks like a survival game, and the hardest difficulty could be quite rough...

GTA5 - big map and a lot to do, that might mean a lot of time and a lot of challenges. It might not be just time consuming, but also hard

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance- MG games are the epitome of a challenge

Prediction of platinums: 10

post-37347-0-31371400-1357262478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr_MovieMan29

- The Last of Us - The gameplay looks like it will be challenging, and Naughty Dog might decide to actually make a tough game. This really looks like a survival game, and the hardest difficulty could be quite rough...

Try to platinum Jak 2 legit and then make that claim :)

• Like 2

I keep hearing that,..I'm playing it right now so what exactly makes it so tough?

Some of the trials for the Orbs are just ridiculous. The races require you to be perfect and I had a lot of trouble getting gold on the weapon challenges.

But beyond the challenges the game is very unforgiving. Very little check points (causing you to do large sections of the game again if you die), huge worlds with no fast travel (and bad guys willing to kill you if you even look at them wrong), you can't aim your weapons so it makes killing things very tough and finally you are given very little time to do story challenges so once again if you aren't perfect you will fail (and have to do a huge chunk again).

Of course you can just glitch the orbs if you want dropping the difficulty drastically, but even with the glitch it would still a moderate difficulty.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

Some of the trials for the Orbs are just ridiculous. The races require you to be perfect and I had a lot of trouble getting gold on the weapon challenges.

But beyond the challenges the game is very unforgiving. Very little check points (causing you to do large sections of the game again if you die), huge worlds with no fast travel (and bad guys willing to kill you if you even look at them wrong), you can't aim your weapons so it makes killing things very tough and finally you are given very little time to do story challenges so once again if you aren't perfect you will fail (and have to do a huge chunk again).

Of course you can just glitch the orbs if you want dropping the difficulty drastically, but even with the glitch it would still a moderate difficulty.

I see :hmm:...I didn't plan on glitching the orbs but it's good to know what's in store. I have already experienced the unforgiving checkpoints (they do suck), no fast travel (again sucks), and not being able to aim weapons. :(

Thanks for the info doc ;)

I see :hmm:...I didn't plan on glitching the orbs but it's good to know what's in store. I have already experienced the unforgiving checkpoints (they do suck), no fast travel (again sucks), and not being able to aim weapons. :(

Thanks for the info doc ;)

The good news is Jak 3 fixed almost everything. There is still some annoying stuff (seriously R&C had no problem aiming weapons) but it is WAY better.

• Like 1

Try to platinum Jak 2 legit and then make that claim :)

I just bought the Jak and Daxter collection, but I am so concentrated on Heavy Rain that I have barely played the first. I was making an assumption based on the number of platinums in the Naught Dog games. Not saying that Crushing on Uncharted 3 is not difficult, but The Last of Us looks like the gameplay will be less shooting, and more hardcore.

I keep hearing that,..I'm playing it right now so what exactly makes it so tough?

For me it was getting the gold times in the 1st 3 races in the stadium, doing them in reverse felt much easier. The worst race though was going through 1st ring race that was through a large part of the city. Not only is the time very strict but your racing against another and all the fat people getting in your way just to mess you up. Other than that I didn't find it too bad but those 4 races do bring up the difficulty quite a bit. My vote on a difficulty overall was a 7/10 doing it legit. Orb gltich then it becomes a 4/10 IMO.

Anyhow back on topic, I think GTAV will be just very time consuming not necessary a hard game where skill is needed like doing combo challenges in a fighter. Dead Space 3 will be a challenge but I don't think it's going to be that hard but still a challenge.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance from what I saw on the achievement list looks to be hard, Lost Planet 3 probably will be another almost impossible plat like Lost Planet 2.

Edited by Gamer1022
  • Like 1

Yakuza 5 (Western release) - definitely going to be tough. The Japanese trophy list has a gold trophy for 100% completion, which is a very tall order (all heat actions, mini games, challenges etc)

GTA5 - if recent trophy trends by Rockstar continue (with the exception of LA Noire), it will surely be up there

MGR: Revengeance - Platinum games typically have steep trophy lists

The Last Guardian - If it's anything like SotC, we can expect a tough platinum

I just don't know enough about other releases (Watch Dogs, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us etc) in terms of gameplay difficulty and challenges, and whether that will translate into tough trophies as well.