The Horror Movie Thread

jackmadrox

I honestly hated the original sinister with a passion. I am highly disappointed by the Friday the 13th being cancelled. And I personally feel like the new It is kind of a toss up, not sure if it'll be good or terrible. I do hope It does well and ends up being amazing. I am tired of all of the very few bigger budget horror flicks being completely sub par. Out of the last couple years I believe I only saw one horror flick that I enjoyed. (Conjuring 2) The ring was a giant let down. And nothing else even comes to mind.

On a separate note, I have high hopes for the Friday the 13th game. And RE7 was an amazing success. Outlast 2 is around the corner as well, so horror gaming seems to be doing good.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Crooked Man and Patient 7 are watchable on Youtube.I canceled my Netflix like a year ago but there is some great horror-thriller-slasher-supernatural type of movies on there.Lots of good movies that are under the radar but because there not big budget films nobody rants and raves about them.Most of these big budget movies suck anyways.

• 1 month later...
On 13-5-2017 at 1:48 PM, SKIBADEE187 said:

Did anyone watch Alien Covenant yet? worth a watch?

18 minutes ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

Alien Covenant is garbage. Prometheus was breath taking. 

I thought Covenant was much better than Prometheus, though it still does not nearly reach Alien 1-2-3 levels. I guess it reached the Resurrection level though.

I just bought Crimson Peaks on blu-ray, amazing gothic horror. Watched in the cinema already. I also bought along with it 10 Cloverfield Lane, which I also watched in the cinema before, though I guess that's not really a horror but rather a thriller.

I have a cinema pass so I try to go to every movie that interests me. Think the last horror/thriller movie (not counting Covenant since I discussed it already) I've seen is A Cure For Wellness, which was pretty decent.

Edited by BillyHorrible

8 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Does the Saw franchise count? Omg my favorite.

I guess the first film could be argued to be a psychological horror/thriller, but the others are horror for sure. I liked them all - first being the best, 2 being the worst and then each other movie being a little bit better than the one before it.

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I guess the first film could be argued to be a psychological horror/thriller, but the others are horror for sure. I liked them all - first being the best, 2 being the worst and then each other movie being a little bit better than the one before it.

True....true

I liked Saw IV out of them xD. I need to see 6 and 7 hahah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 0:34 AM, Shaowsintzu said:

New "Spawn" Movie is in Production with Blumehouse and Todd McFarlene seems excited.

http://collider.com/spawn-movie-blumhouse-productions/

If they are going to redo a Spawn movie, then I don't see anyone else portraying Spawn other than Michael Jai White. He is a good actor, and one that certainly pulls off Spawn pretty well, but nobody should blame his acting for a terrible movie.

• Like 1

I'm always on the hunt for good horror movies - its a genre where the ratio of bad ones to good is very high, but a really good horror movie is tough to beat for entertainment.

A few that spring to mind from the past while that stood out are:

Excision

Martyrs (the original)

Inside

Frontier(s)

As Above So Below

Hush

The VVitch

It Follows

The Descent

In My Skin

plus shout outs to the more obvious ones,

The Shining

The Exorcist

Dont Look Now

Salo

Susperia

nothing much coming up that looks good, except maybe Raw - it seems like it has promise.

• Like 2

I like horror films like Wolf Creek and Hostel. What they have in common is scenes where a protagonist is tortured and mutilated. I'm looking to find more similar movies. 

Movies like Paranormal Activity and The Conjuring are 'snooze fests' for me (though the jump scares make it a bit difficult to fall asleep). 

@jackmadrox That actually looks like a decent movie. But then again, I am reminded of a Youtube channel called CinemaSins. So now whenever I feel the urge to watch anything in theaters, I tend to point out every flaw that I can find.

EDIT: here is their latest one:

Edited by GarciaFever

I usually tend to stay away from the newer horror movies but I have seen some. It's just I think they all came out in the Noughties. I used to watch FearNet religiously. I think my all time favorite would be either Puppet Master or Dolls. I don't find dolls creepy, with the exception of Slappy from Night of the Living Dummy 3. 

I would recommend watching Strangeland. It's a Dee Snider movie that people forgot about. It came out in 98. If your into body horror then it's a good fit. 

Edited by scarishbal