"Run Like The Wind" trophy unobtainable (PS3)

ULTRAUNKNOWN888

You can't trust in a company like Rockstar that removed a feature  needed to complete the game 100% without any warning. The worst part is they only hurt legit players with this decision because hackers are still doing what they want in the game. 

Is it really that hard to activate the feauture so just the NPC's can put a bounty on you? 

Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UltraRareBoy said:

Have they answered you ? And what did they write if they did just curious.

No, never...we need more support from the trophy hunting community. If I'm the only one asking for RLTW they'll never reply...

32 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

You can't trust in a company like Rockstar that removed a feature  needed to complete the game 100% without any warning. The worst part is they only hurt legit players with this decision because hackers are still doing what they want in the game. 

Is it really that hard to activate the feauture so just the NPC's can put a bounty on you? 

It's not hard but if there isn't a consistent player base that speaks up there's no reason for them to take action.

Edited by Major Rain

5 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

No, never...we need more support from the trophy hunting community. If I'm the only one asking for RLTW they'll never reply...

It's not hard but if there isn't a consistent player base who speaks up there's no reason for them to take action.

I tried asking about the issue on Twitter and they blocked me the next day. I have also sent mails like you but no answer at all. 

3 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I tried asking about the issue on Twitter and they blocked me the next day. I have also sent mails like you but no answer at all. 

I see...we'd need something like a petition but if only 40 players sign it it will be pretty much worthless...

1 minute ago, Major Rain said:

I see...we'd need something like a petition but if only 40 players sign it it will be pretty much worthless...

We could try. Members of the site that don't own the game or already have the trophy could help as well.

22 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

We could try. Members of the site that don't own the game or already have the trophy could help as well.

Where could we do it? On change.org? I'm not a native speaker so my English is not perfect but this is the email I send to Rockstar every now and then about RLTW:

Spoiler

Dear developers,

I have lost count of how many emails I have sent you without getting a reply. It would be appreciated if you could take this email into consideration.

One year and a half ago you posted an article where you stated that you were going to remove the bounty feature temporarily to deal with hackers. That article was last updated in August 2017. There hasn't been any news since then. I'm not here to complain, I'm just kindly asking when you are going to fix it.

As a possible solution, you could allow only the NPCs to put bounties on the player, thus making it possible to get the trophy in a solo session. By doing that, you would avoid the problem of hackers and make it possible for us to get the trophy.

How about releasing a small patch with that quick fix?

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

Could this text be edited to fit a petition?
Edited by Major Rain

23 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

Where could we do it? On change.org? I'm not a native speaker so my English is not perfect but this is the email I send to Rockstar every now and then about RLTW:

Hide contents

Dear developers,

I have lost count of how many emails I have sent you without getting a reply. It would be appreciated if you could take this email into consideration.

One year and a half ago you posted an article where you stated that you were going to remove the bounty feature temporarily to deal with hackers. That article was last updated in August 2017. There hasn't been any news since then. I'm not here to complain, I'm just kindly asking when you are going to fix it.

As a possible solution, you could allow only the NPCs to put bounties on the player, thus making it possible to get the trophy in a solo session. By doing that, you would avoid the problem of hackers and make it possible for us to get the trophy.

How about releasing a small patch with that quick fix?

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

Could this text be edited to fit a petition?

Yeah I'm not native english speaker either and that's  the main reason I have not writen something formal about this issue yet.  

I will try organizing a text with all the dates, info we had since the trophy beca e unotainable in april 2017.

2 hours ago, Aexuz said:

Yeah I'm not native english speaker either and that's  the main reason I have not writen something formal about this issue yet.  

I will try organizing a text with all the dates, info we had since the trophy beca e unotainable in april 2017.

All the main info are summarised in my email. It just needs a bit of editing in my opinion...let me know if I can help you somehow. We can do this. The hardest part will be reaching a large audience in order to get as many signatures as possible.

Don't waste your time in petitions for this version of the game. They probably consider it done and gone by now. They didn't even bother to fix the "rusty" Suntrap boat livery glitch after one of the latest PS3 patches, or the Ponsonbys icon glitch that was even brought to current-gen versions.

Edited by Lance_87

Damn, you guys give up so easily. I understand that the petition is very likely to fail but if you don't even try how can you tell?

Writing a petition costs nothing. If you do it, at least you know you did all you could for that trophy.

• Like 2

For those of you willing to test it out, this topic explains how to get unobtainable trophies in some PS4 games. It could work on the PS3 as well, so if anyone is willing to give it a try, it could be a possible solution for RLTW. By playing a pre-patched version of GTA, it may be possible that the NPCs place a bounty on you.

This is just a theory I've come up with after seeing that topic so don't expect it to be a decisive solution.

Edited by Major Rain

45 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes, but the Bounty thing was probably changed server-side, not through game updates.

Even if it was changed with a patch, how would anyone access GTA Online with an unpatched game? 

If I'm not wrong, there's not a single ps3, vita or ps4 game that allows online play without the latest patch. And this is an online trophy. 

Also, while I admit that I didn't read the other thread, isn't that method just to be able to download unpatched digital games on ps4 (because on ps4 the patch downloads along the game)? If it's that method, it's irrelevant in ps3 anyway. 

Edit: Just read it, so, it's essentially what was posted a while ago as a way to get around Mad Max latest screw-up patch.. 

That is indeed just a way to get unpatched (or with specific patch numbers that aren't the latest) games on ps4. 

It doesn't allow for online play (meaning, that's irrelevant here). 

And also, since ps3 doesn't download the games with patches (and let you stop patching at whatever point you want), you don't need anything to achieve the same thing on ps3. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

48 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Even if it was changed with a patch, how would anyone access GTA Online with an unpatched game? 

If I'm not wrong, there's not a single ps3, vita or ps4 game that allows online play without the latest patch. And this is an online trophy. 

Also, while I admit that I didn't read the other thread, isn't that method just to be able to download unpatched digital games on ps4 (because on ps4 the patch downloads along the game)? If it's that method, it's irrelevant in ps3 anyway. 

Edit: Just read it, so, it's essentially what was posted a while ago as a way to get around Mad Max latest screw-up patch.. 

That is indeed just a way to get unpatched (or with specific patch numbers that aren't the latest) games on ps4. 

It doesn't allow for online play (meaning, that's irrelevant here). 

And also, since ps3 doesn't download the games with patches (and let you stop patching at whatever point you want), you don't need anything to achieve the same thing on ps3. 

That was i tried to say in the previous post.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but certain PS3 digital games are downloaded with patches already included.