"Run Like The Wind" trophy unobtainable (PS3)

ULTRAUNKNOWN888

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I got this legit..well kinda...I happened to join a lobby and someone placed a bounty on me for an insane amount of money, then i was instantly transferred to the other players location and they kept killing me...so i just stayed in that lobby for about an hour (and I wasn't kicked) and the trophy popped for me....the other players left me alone after a while and left a bounty on me....so i was lucky.

Good luck to those that are trying for this. I have been reading the online sites and from what I understand is that you need to pay to get this done by hackers....so I count myself lucky....just so add, I have started this game about 4 years ago and didnt play due to life constraints and when the servers started going off line I restarted hunting online trophies...believe it or not, I was unaware that the ps3 version was unobtainable until I started reading the guide recently and I just thought, just like RDR, hackers are making it easier to get to level 100 fast.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, E1_Bodo_P1 said:

So in the end, it's just a matter of a combination of circumstances, I suppose: good luck and bad luck, hacked lobby, and an angry pedestrian, whose car you stole from, put that bounty on you (does it still work this way?)

NPCs can't put a bounty on you, at least on PS3. You need to be lucky enough to join a hacked lobby where a hacker places a bounty on you, then you just have to survive in-game for a given amount of time. Iirc, as soon as you get the bounty, you might as well quit the hacked lobby and create a private game where you can survive without the hassle of being killed.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2021 at 7:50 PM, hcmode said:

Iirc, as soon as you get the bounty, you might as well quit the hacked lobby and create a private game where you can survive without the hassle of being killed.

Does that still work can anyone confirm?  

I have GTA5 on ps3 hidden on my account as i just started playing years ago and then found out this trophy was not available.  So i ended up purchasing on ps4.  With the intention to one day play it... but as the backlog continues to grow, and time available dwindles, well, i am going to go back to the ps3 version.  At least the 100% is easier without the added heists.  

Is this a wise idea?  ?

What about an old bounty?

Many people stopped playing the PS3 version like in 2014, after the PS4 version came out.

If they got a bounty from back in 2014, now 7 years later go Online, the bounty from 7 years ago should still be on there head, no?

If so, you couldn‘t flag anybody for this trophy forever, until they remove bounty’s completely out of the last gen version or turn the servers off.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Many people stopped playing the PS3 version like in 2014, after the PS4 version came out.

If they got a bounty from back in 2014, now 7 years later go Online, the bounty from 7 years ago should still be on there head, no?

If so, you couldn‘t flag anybody for this trophy forever, until they remove bounty’s completely out of the last gen version or turn the servers off.

You're absolutely right. To be fair, it's impossible to know if someone got the trophy "legitimately" through an old bounty or a "hacker". The old bounty system should still work by the way, but I guess it will be very unlikely that there are still players with old bounties on; very unlikely but not impossible.

23 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

Exactly, I also stopped playing it in 2014 lol. 

Anyway they are no longer flagging for it (one of the CRT moderators also affirmed this either here or in another of the RLTW threads, I have the screenshot somewhere, not mentioning the fact it has been several months the last achievers are still in the leaderboard with no issues at all...), and as @hcmode stated, there's no reason to flag for this trophy because we're not talking about a trophy that autopop instantly as soon as a hacker put the bounty on you, in fact this is an extreme case where:

1) You still have to fulfill the requirement for the trophy, survive for around 50 minutes after the bounty is set on you in order to unlock the trophy (and it doesn't matter if you do so in public game or you rather move to a private one);

2) If for some reason you die with the bounty, you can't earn the trophy unless somebody puts a bounty on you again.

• Like 2

So basically speaking, you’re allowed to play normally by going to a private free roam session once you have a bounty placed by a modder, is that correct? 

Red Dead Redemption had a serious problem with hackers and modders before Rockstar finally cleaned up the online sometime in 2017 or so. The modders were able to snipe players from impossible distances and had other quirks which made Free Roam a real hassle. 

What I’m concerned of is these hackers and modders actually intentionally or unintentionally unlocking other trophies in GTA V on the PS3, which is an automatic flag. You can obtain all the other trophies apart from the aforementioned Run Like the Wind trophy by hosting a private Free Roam then inviting your boosting partners to help. 

Also, someone was saying you can get dumped in a public Free Roam session after you do the Heists in the DLC. I cannot confirm this as it has been a long time since I played the PS3 version of GTA V. I imagine nowadays the only people actually playing are trophy hunters and hackers/modders. 

I need someone to confirm that playing in a public free roam isn’t going to have modders in GTA V unlock other trophies by cheating, as is the case for Big Leagues in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and modders unlocking random multiplayer trophies in Call of Duty: World at War.

Edited by AJ_Radio

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

So basically speaking, you’re allowed to play normally by going to a private free roam session once you have a bounty placed by a modder, is that correct? 

Red Dead Redemption had a serious problem with hackers and modders before Rockstar finally cleaned up the online sometime in 2017 or so. The modders were able to snipe players from impossible distances and had other quirks which made Free Roam a real hassle. 

What I’m concerned of is these hackers and modders actually intentionally or unintentionally unlocking other trophies in GTA V on the PS3, which is an automatic flag. You can obtain all the other trophies apart from the aforementioned Run Like the Wind trophy by hosting a private Free Roam then inviting your boosting partners to help. 

Also, someone was saying you can get dumped in a public Free Roam session after you do the Heists in the DLC. I cannot confirm this as it has been a long time since I played the PS3 version of GTA V. I imagine nowadays the only people actually playing are trophy hunters and hackers/modders. 

I need someone to confirm that playing in a public free roam isn’t going to have modders in GTA V unlock other trophies by cheating, as is the case for Big Leagues in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and modders unlocking random multiplayer trophies in Call of Duty: World at War.

I haven't played GTA V online for more than 6 years now so I can't really confirm anything myself, but looking at multiple reports here and there, yes it seems possible to move to a private lobby as soon as you get a bounty on you.

About autopopping I don't know if hackers can do that for you but I have the doubt they can't really do that (as with WaW or BO2) unless they drop/give to you a ridiculous amount of money/RP that will instantly get you to LVL 100+, that means trophies for LVL 25, 50 and 100 will all pop after few seconds, unless you already got them.

That was my biggest concern these days honestly, although, I must say that pretty much nobody is being flagged for this as well (I was monitoring GTA V situation very carefully over the months and I checked so many profiles with either RLTW or rank 25-50-100 trophies and none of them was flagged/removed to leaderboard), so yes the situation about this game is pretty tricky but I'm kinda sure they won't flag for RLTW anymore, and in all honesty, as you mentioned RDR pretty much everybody used MacFarlane's Ranch glitch to get to level 50 quickly, and even though they say R* fixed this when I last boosted RDR for remaining dlc trophies last year some of my boosting mates joined frequently hacked lobbies with the glitch and other stuff still running and also GTA IV has hacked lobbies. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

I haven't played GTA V online for more than 6 years now so I can't really confirm anything myself, but looking at multiple reports here and there, yes it seems possible to move to a private lobby as soon as you get a bounty on you.

Then we’re in the same boat because that was the last time I played online on the PS3 version of GTA V. At that time I wasn’t into trophies, I did everything purely for fun. As a completionist I sort of regret doing that looking back on it. 

27 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

About autopopping I don't know if hackers can do that for you but I have the doubt they can't really do that (as with WaW or BO2) unless they drop/give to you a ridiculous amount of money/RP that will instantly get you to LVL 100+, that means trophies for LVL 25, 50 and 100 will all pop after few seconds, unless you already got them.

That was my biggest concern these days honestly, although, I must say that pretty much nobody is being flagged for this as well (I was monitoring GTA V situation very carefully over the months and I checked so many profiles with either RLTW or rank 25-50-100 trophies and none of them was flagged/removed to leaderboard), so yes the situation about this game is pretty tricky but I'm kinda sure they won't flag for RLTW anymore, and in all honesty, as you mentioned RDR pretty much everybody used MacFarlane's Ranch glitch to get to level 50 quickly, and even though they say R* fixed this when I last boosted RDR for remaining dlc trophies last year some of my boosting mates joined frequently hacked lobbies with the glitch and other stuff still running and also GTA IV has hacked lobbies. 

That was the deal with Red Dead Redemption online before Rockstar fixed it, to my knowledge. There were exploits players used to gain levels incredibly fast. Right now the fastest way to gain XP is to keep doing the Pikes Basin Hideout, it nets around 1000 - 2000 XP consistently. 

The CRT (Cheater Removal Team) was always dealing with people flagged for the Run Like the Wind trophy, making it so people don’t get flagged probably saves them a lot of work. I’m glad they are around on this website, but I don’t exactly agree with everything they state. 

I guess in a way, GTA V on the PS3 is sort of like how RDR was years ago. 

Because Rockstar titles are incredibly popular and have an emphasis on online gameplay, they are easy targets for hackers and modders. And this is an old version of a game that will be seeing a PS5/Xbox Series X release. 

I am on the fence on whether I will bother attempting the online trophies or not. Because I 100 percented RDR, I can certainly do GTA V. The question is do I want to do it?

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

This is a screenshot of what B1rvine (CRT moderator) said about RLTW trophy:

https://ibb.co/XzYhwCR

https://ibb.co/pPDwy7n

And this is the actual thread where he said that: 

Also other mods are saying they won't flag for RLTW like grimydawg__ :

I would say this should be enough on the RLTW situation once and for all

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Then we’re in the same boat because that was the last time I played online on the PS3 version of GTA V. At that time I wasn’t into trophies, I did everything purely for fun. As a completionist I sort of regret doing that looking back on it. 

That was the deal with Red Dead Redemption online before Rockstar fixed it, to my knowledge. There were exploits players used to gain levels incredibly fast. Right now the fastest way to gain XP is to keep doing the Pikes Basin Hideout, it nets around 1000 - 2000 XP consistently. 

The CRT (Cheater Removal Team) was always dealing with people flagged for the Run Like the Wind trophy, making it so people don’t get flagged probably saves them a lot of work. I’m glad they are around on this website, but I don’t exactly agree with everything they state. 

I guess in a way, GTA V on the PS3 is sort of like how RDR was years ago. 

Because Rockstar titles are incredibly popular and have an emphasis on online gameplay, they are easy targets for hackers and modders. And this is an old version of a game that will be seeing a PS5/Xbox Series X release. 

I am on the fence on whether I will bother attempting the online trophies or not. Because I 100 percented RDR, I can certainly do GTA V. The question is do I want to do it?

I also regret having stopped playing GTA V when I could have easily got RLTW and rank trophies with no major issues but it was a time I had really little time and motivation to play games in general, it is what it is now...

As I said my biggest fear is joining a free roam lobby and getting instant rank trophies as I'm not sure there are easy/quick methods to rank up on private lobbies, if there are methods for ranking up in a reasonable time on private lobbies I would certainly think about playing online again.

Edited by Agent_Renegade22

11 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

I also regret having stopped playing GTA V when I could have easily got RLTW and rank trophies with no major issues but it was a time I had really little time and motivation to play games in general, it is what it is now...

As I said my biggest fear is joining a free roam lobby and getting instant rank trophies as I'm not sure there are easy/quick methods to rank up on private lobbies, if there are methods for ranking up in a reasonable time on private lobbies I would certainly think about playing online again.

Well I don’t know. I would like a confirmation regarding the rank trophies and I’m considering making a separate topic for it.

I’ve dealt with hacked lobbies in the past, but GTA V looks to be a little of a risk. 

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Well I don’t know. I would like a confirmation regarding the rank trophies and I’m considering making a separate topic for it.

I’ve dealt with hacked lobbies in the past, but GTA V looks to be a little of a risk. 

You can play solo jobs from private lobbies, it will very rarely throw you back into a public lobby instead of your own invite only lobby. I did contact missions with 2 other people to get to rank 100. Took about 3 days of playing pier pressure, death from above, and rooftop rumble over and over