Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

https://gamerant.com/ps-plus-extra-august-2022-leaving-killzone/#:~:text=Still%2C fans should be aware,game in mid August 2022.&text=Per the PlayStation Store%2C Killzone,removal or anything like that.

Something also to add and don't know if was mentioned here yet. Killzone Shadowfall was removed from PS Plus Extra yesterday as well. Not a traditional removal but unknown if this means people can't use their existing license anymore or if only new people can't get one.

(Semi - important info for anyone who was planning to complete campaign after the shutdown that happened this morning.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://gamerant.com/ps-plus-extra-august-2022-leaving-killzone/#:~:text=Still%2C fans should be aware,game in mid August 2022.&text=Per the PlayStation Store%2C Killzone,removal or anything like that.

Something also to add and don't know if was mentioned here yet. Killzone Shadowfall was removed from PS Plus Extra yesterday as well. Not a traditional removal but unknown if this means people can't use their existing license anymore or if only new people can't get one.

(Semi - important info for anyone who was planning to complete campaign after the shutdown that happened this morning.)

Killzone Shadow Fall is still available right now on Brazilian Plus Extra catalogue and Intercept is gone. I'd assume Shadow Fall will stay, it would be the ultimate clown movement from Sony to remove a first party game which is still playable offline. I guess those news were wrong speaking about Shadow Fall and it always meant that only Intercept would be removed (would make sense as it is completely unplayable now with the closure)

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Killzone Shadow Fall is still available right now on Brazilian Plus Extra catalogue and Intercept is gone. I'd assume Shadow Fall will stay, it would be the ultimate clown movement from Sony to remove a first party game which is still playable offline. I guess those news were wrong speaking about Shadow Fall and it always meant that only Intercept would be removed (would make sense as it is completely unplayable now with the closure)

Nevermind seems by other sources it was indeed only the Intercept Mode. Btw it seems all dlc except for multiplayer map expansion was removed as well from the PSN store here in Canada (including the drone cosmetics).

7 hours ago, Lewis_N7 said:

Mercenaries 2

This game is a real hell to get the online trophies done, it's not worth it. I'm surprised it's still "working" to this day.

9 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Nevermind seems by other sources it was indeed only the Intercept Mode. Btw it seems all dlc except for multiplayer map expansion was removed as well from the PSN store here in Canada (including the drone cosmetics).

They also delisted the Execution DLCs, even though they could used in the Offline Botzone :(.

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

This game is a real hell to get the online trophies done, it's not worth it. I'm surprised it's still "working" to this day.

I have to agree with this^? The co-op trophies in general and the Airstrike one in particular are a serious PITA to get and not worth the agro.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Same here in Italy. Can the map packs/expansions (excluding Intercept) be used in offline Botzone, just for fun?

Edited by Lance_87

Thanks. Anyway it's always the same old s**t... when one of their exclusives get the servers shut down they always erase almost all traces of the main game and/or additional content... but the Resistance 1 map packs were still available for several months/years despite being useless on physical copies (until PSONE resurrected the multiplayer servers)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Thanks. Anyway it's always the same old s**t... when one of their exclusives get the servers shut down they always erase almost all traces of the main game and/or additional content... but the Resistance 1 map packs were still available for several months/years despite being useless on physical copies (until PSONE resurrected the multiplayer servers)

Yeah, I don't get why they delisted everything either. I understand the co-op stuff being delisted because that was online only but why the other stuff as well?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

11 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Same here in Italy. Can the map packs/expansions (excluding Intercept) be used in offline Botzone, just for fun?

Yeah they can and from what I remember the Owl Drone skins were also useable in campaign as well. But I imagine they removed them just because online is down now and probably didn't want anyone buying it thinking multiplayer is still online.

3 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Ps prices returning no results or listings either for it. 

Yeah, and I went to check the store itself from my ps3 and found no results. There's a certain Star Trek game that doesn't appear when typing it in the search bar, but is actually available if you look at all items that start with an "S". I think I even did that, and again, no results.

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I wouldn't really trust that site for listings. Some titles are not listed at all because they were never ever discounted.

Interesting if that's how it actually works. I did find out a few games I thought were delisted by using that site, were actually available for purchase in the store.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What a dick move to kill the servers without warning :(. What trophies doe this affect?

This one's on my list. Fortunately, according to the guide on this website, there are no online trophies included :) only the online component will be discontinued, but trophy wise we are safe ?

Edit: actually the online component HAS BEEN turned off lol I got it wrong.

Edited by kevao97

On 13/8/2022 at 6:34 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Huh really? I always thought they listed everything as long as it once had a store page

Yeah and sometimes things you've hidden will disappear from the site and reappear as unhidden after months without discounts. It's quite frustrating sometimes.

22 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Train Sim World 2 will be delisted on all platforms on September 6th when its sequel launches. Seems "some" DLC will be compatible with TSW3 but it's unclear how much at this point. 

Train Sim World 2 to be delisted from Xbox Store soon (trueachievements.com)

So far only Xbox is confirmed affected by the delisting. Though even with Train Sim World 2020 (1) though the base game got delisted they left up the collector's edition so a version was available after still as with the dlc.

Apparently only the main game (both Train Sim 2020 and Train Sim World 2) are getting totally delisted. All the DLC will be rebranded with TS3 logo, but backwards compatible with the older games.

If this is correct, it shouldn't be too much of an issue, maybe outside the second list for TSW2, that has region stacking for some reason.

• Like 2