Make or break for shooter vr games

terrylutz007

I just played it a few hours ago. I will say I really do like the gun motion control. The movement in the game could've been a lot better because it's choppy when you turn.. lol. Anyways, my one big complaint is that there's literally no navigation system in this game. You essentially move where you think you have to go which feels meh. If you're not paying attention you can easily get lost.

also a personal complaint. Out of all the god damn things to do, whyyy have spiders. I despise these god damn things. If you have really bad arachnophobia don't get this game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144548732

45 mins of gameplay ^ Explicit language.

• Like 3

The aiming and shooting feels so good with the aim controller. The movement could be better, maybe use the second analog stick for turning. I had only a short moment of motion sickness while moving backwards... Not my best idea haha

Edited by tyranted

12 minutes ago, tyranted said:

The aiming and shooting feels so good with the aim controller. The movement could be better, maybe use the second analog stick for turning. I had only a short moment of motion sickness while moving backwards... Not my best idea haha

I second this.. lmao. Was it at the beginning by any chance? I was walking one way because I thought I had to go up the hill, couldn't go up the hill so I had to move backwards and I wanted to die lmao. In the settings you can set it so the second analog turns. It's just not a fluid turn though. It would've been great if this feature was acknowledged or automatically done from the start.. lol.

4 minutes ago, Teslacron_Prime said:

Bahaha, gd'it.. I don't like arachnids >.< Thanks for the warning @DuckSwimmer, starting the game Friday, hope it's not too bad lol! So far as navigation, I don't understand the trend of space games NOT having good nav lately. No man's sky was truly criminal, now you're saying Farpoint too? Wtf..

YEAH... I'm trying to push through it cause I love FPS's.. I mean considering that there's a trophy for killing 100 of these little assholes that jump at you, it's only just a tad bit nerve wracking. Ahaha I completely agree with you in why the hell space games don't have proper navigation systems ?

Edited by DuckSwimmer

I'm loving the game so far. I changed the movement settings around and found a nice combination for smooth turning. Me and my buddy loaded up last night and had an absolute blast in coop. I don't think I can ever go back to a 2D shooter and enjoy it the same way again. 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

So while I was playing, my fucking cat made a loud noise- right as a spider appeared too- and I must have tensed or convulsed so hard I had a stabbing pain in the side of my abdomen for like 15-20 mins.

I was already stressing bout those damn spiders and my pos cat had to cripple me to boot.

I'm dying omg. I was playing with my window open and my dad apparently wanted to re-arrange stuff that's on the side of my house. So I can totally relate to the feeling you went through. I would just hear thuds, bangs, crashes out of nowhere. I kept stopping in the game like holy shit I'm gonna die here.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

So while I was playing, my fucking cat made a loud noise- right as a spider appeared too- and I must have tensed or convulsed so hard I had a stabbing pain in the side of my abdomen for like 15-20 mins.

I was already stressing bout those damn spiders and my pos cat had to cripple me to boot.

Your cat was probably just making sure your bowels were working correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, I liked it. Glad people are still getting into it. I need all the mp trophies still. :P

In my defence, my day one PSVR set had a manufacturing error so I had it refunded, and I just now got a new set.

Point being, a year ago I was looking forward to Farpoint a lot and with my new set, it was the one single game I bought along with it :)

Is there multiplayer in this game? I saw something about co-op in the menu but I figured it would be like Playroom VR where the second player uses a regular controller.

7 hours ago, Cubone said:

In my defence, my day one PSVR set had a manufacturing error so I had it refunded, and I just now got a new set.

Point being, a year ago I was looking forward to Farpoint a lot and with my new set, it was the one single game I bought along with it :)

Is there multiplayer in this game? I saw something about co-op in the menu but I figured it would be like Playroom VR where the second player uses a regular controller.

Unfortunately you need two VR players. The Cryo DLC added a lot more mp content too. :/

5 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Unfortunately you need two VR players. The Cryo DLC added a lot more mp content too. :/

So, only online multiplayer then? I'm guessing there's no way to link two VR sets to one PlayStation.

Well, I guess that's no platinum for me then. I try not to look at a trophy list until after Ive done one story playthrough but I'm never that bothered with hearing something has multiplayer trophies, though I almost never play multiplayer.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...