OK - the bunny races

I see a good number of people have the plat already. How are you guys handling the bunny trophy? Are you just hooking up a turbo controller? Are you using any particular strategy? Any feedback would be appreciated - I hated this back in the day when I only cared to get 100 points for Boyd. Now that I need 1000 for the trophy, I'm feeling pretty down.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm planning to get this game one day when it gets a price drop since i heard back then it's one of the best ps2 games out there but i couldn't found it anywhere so........

as much as I hear a lots of people F-bombing this bunny race from miles away.... I was wondering, it isn't a lot worse than the mini games on World of Final Fantasy..... is it?

Edited by yellowwindow7

On 7/9/2017 at 0:21 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

as much as I hear a lots of people F-bombing this bunny race from miles away.... I was wondering, it isn't a lot worse than the mini games on World of Final Fantasy..... is it?

They're not even comparable. I'll grant that those minigames were annoying, but at least you had pretty instant gratification. The Bunny Races makes you wait through a long loading sequence, makes you watch the ENTIRE race, and then only gives you a 1 in 4 chance to win a maximum of 3 points (or a 1 in 6 chance to win a maximum of 9).

On 7/9/2017 at 0:05 AM, Paragon83AUS said:

I feel no shame in using a modded controller for this bs trophy

Yeah. I'm going to do the same. The d-pad on one of my PS4 controllers is broken now, so I have an excuse for a turbo controller.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2017 at 10:27 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah. I'm going to do the same. The d-pad on one of my PS4 controllers is broken now, so I have an excuse for a turbo controller.

I just finished it and it congratulated me by saying "job well done, unless you used a modded controller". Blew my fucking mind but got the trophy so its all good!

11 hours ago, Paragon83AUS said:

I just finished it and it congratulated me by saying "job well done, unless you used a modded controller". Blew my fucking mind but got the trophy so its all good!

Isn't that awesome? One of the worst minigames in history - it's so bad that if you win it, you're accused of cheating.

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Isn't that awesome? One of the worst minigames in history - it's so bad that if you win it, you're accused of cheating.

They just know its so fucking obnoxious most people wont bother doing it legit and wanted to point it out. Regardless, I got a chuckle out of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So how long will this trophy aproximately take? I'm thinking of picking this game up as it's on sale. I got the plat for SO4 and SO5 so I don't mind some grinding. But I don't have a turbo controller, and I do not want to watch 80 hours of bunny races.

20 minutes ago, BB-BarretW said:

So how long will this trophy aproximately take? I'm thinking of picking this game up as it's on sale. I got the plat for SO4 and SO5 so I don't mind some grinding. But I don't have a turbo controller, and I do not want to watch 80 hours of bunny races.

I spent between 40-60 hour without turbo controller. ?

9 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Of course if you can buy a turbor controller go and buy it, with the controller maybe the time will be 70~80 hour but yeah, AFK glory!1f605.png

Nah, I'll do it just normally. It can't be more tedious than the Edge and Arumat 30.000 kills battle trophies in SO4. Which took me around 70 hours. I wish I had a turbo controller back then... ?

Just now, BB-BarretW said:

Nah, I'll do it just normally. It can't be more tedious than the Edge and Arumat 30.000 kills battle trophies in SO4. Which took me around 70 hours. I wish I had a turbo controller back then... 1f601.png

I think the bunny races are worse. The biggest problem is that you have to sit through the race, and most of the time, you have nothing to show for it. However, you have to be attentive enough to push the buttons to race again, and you'll likely be doing it 1000+ times.

The only thing that salvages it is the fact that it's not just 1 of 900 stupid things that you have to do.

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think the bunny races are worse. The biggest problem is that you have to sit through the race, and most of the time, you have nothing to show for it. However, you have to be attentive enough to push the buttons to race again, and you'll likely be doing it 1000+ times.

The only thing that salvages it is the fact that it's not just 1 of 900 stupid things that you have to do.

Well I think I'd rather watch some tv on my Ipad while they're bunny racing than actively killing the same enemies over and over and over again. I get tired just thinking back of it. Anyway I just bought the game so I'll know which one was more tedious in I guess about two months.

3 hours ago, BB-BarretW said:

Well I think I'd rather watch some tv on my Ipad while they're bunny racing than actively killing the same enemies over and over and over again. I get tired just thinking back of it. Anyway I just bought the game so I'll know which one was more tedious in I guess about two months.

Also you can use the vita if you have one and do another things or see psnprofile like I did. ?

• 2 months later...