What's the game like ?

Sigma999

I heard that this is a Yuri VN and was wondering if it's solely Yuri content or has more that meets the eye for someone to experience like a good plot, setting and relatable chars . I like VNs with mystery , suspense , drama , maybe some action too . Since this is also on Steam someone that already had played it might enlight me on what this game really has to offer .

Actually heard on KF Greg Miller talking about the trophies on KF recent Podcast. Some trophies unlock after some Nurses get a certain amount of applause and you unlock costumes for the nurses. As for gameplay I see lots of Nurses kissing :giggle: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Obviously it's not real yuri since that wouldn't be on PS but it's definitely pleasant :awesome: 

92583.jpg

92582.jpg

93216.jpg

I'm surprised you are interested in JP-only VN, though =D

It's listed to be release on EU PSN 

https://store.playstation.com/#!/pt-pt/jogos/nurse-love-addiction/cid=EP1052-PCSB01054_00-G000000000000971

Edited by Sigma999

I've only seen a few screenshots and the trophy list but I can already tell that this game is gonna be awesome. :lol: It's a shame there isn't a physical copy for us EU folks though. £33 is pretty steep for a digital version of a VN. I would have happily paid that for a physical copy, but since it's digital only, I think I'll wait until it's on sale. This was a nice surprise though. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've only seen a few screenshots and the trophy list but I can already tell that this game is gonna be awesome. :lol: It's a shame there isn't a physical copy for us EU folks though. £33 is pretty steep for a digital version of a VN. I would have happily paid that for a physical copy, but since it's digital only, I think I'll wait until it's on sale. This was a nice surprise though. ^_^

A physical version may happen:

Degica Games already cooperated with LRG for Dariusburst so they might also release this as a limited retail release.

I'm surprised that quite a few are so surprised about the western release. The game was already rated back in April by PEGI:

http://www.pegi.info/de/index/global_id/505/?searchString=nurse+love

And Gematsu also tweeted about that:

Didn't publish a news, though. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

A physical version may happen:

Degica Games already cooperated with LRG for Dariusburst so they might also release this as a limited retail release.

I've never bought anything from Limited Run Games before; it's just too stressful. I like collecting physical copies of games, but that's a little too hardcore for me. :P It's very different than just ordering a game off Amazon like I usually do, not having to worry about when it becomes available, how much stock is left, etc.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm surprised that quite a few are so surprised about the western release. The game was already rated back in April by PEGI:

http://www.pegi.info/de/index/global_id/505/?searchString=nurse+love

And Gematsu also tweeted about that:

Didn't publish a news, though. :D

I love niche games, but I tend to forget about these news articles or I miss them entirely. With bigger games, I'm constantly reminded about their release dates and what not from loads of different sources, but for games like this, I have to rely on my fellow weebs for this information. :awesome:

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Seabound117 said:

I've always associated LRG with discs, they do Vita cartridges or would this be a LR PC copy?  Either way, I think I may pick this one up it looks cute 1f917.png

If LRG would pick it up, it would be a most likelly a Vita-release.

And it's funny that you associate LRG with PS4-games when their first published game was their own Vita-game Breach & Clear. 

30 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

If LRG would pick it up, it would be a most likelly a Vita-release.

And it's funny that you associate LRG with PS4-games when their first published game was their own Vita-game Breach & Clear. 

To be 100% upfront I have only a cursory knowledge of LRG, so I'm running on much more assumption than fact based off of other post chains.  I'm still relatively new to console gaming so I'm sure this won't be my last gaffe.

Even so if LRG is going to make a physical for this game I may wait to pick it up so I can support their efforts and has a sweet physical copy. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 22-6-2017 at 7:29 PM, Wenzeldale said:

I am interested in this game as well, but I never played a VN before and I am not really sure if the prize fits the content

I think it does. This VN has a good story (way better than your average yuri) and some of the endings are very well written. Some nice plot twists in the story, voice acting is good, art work is good and the music is pretty decent. 40 bucks as a release price seems justified. 

Not sure if it's the best choice for your first VN though. Although NLA is pretty good, it's not as good as the science adventure series with VN's as Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. Nor is this VN as easy to read as Root Letter, in my opinion one of the easiest VN on PlayStation to start with. The first hours of NLA aren't as good as the second half of the story so starters might get bored to soon. 

But who am I? My first VN was Hatoful Boyfriend :D 

Edited by Calhoun_84
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Calhoun_84 said:

I think it does. This VN has a good story (way better than your average yuri) and some of the endings are very well written. Some nice plot twists in the story, voice acting is good, art work is good and the music is pretty decent. 40 bucks as a release price seems justified. 

Not sure if it's the best choice for your first VN though. Although NLA is pretty good, it's not as good as the science adventure series with VN's as Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. Nor is this VN as easy to read as Root Letter, in my opinion one of the easiest VN on PlayStation to start with. The first hours of NLA aren't as good as the second half of the story so starters might get bored to soon. 

But who am I? My first VN was Hatoful Boyfriend :D 

Good review , got me convinced to get this in the near future .

On 3.8.2017 at 0:44 AM, Calhoun_84 said:

Nor is this VN as easy to read as Root Letter, in my opinion one of the easiest VN on PlayStation to start with. The first hours of NLA aren't as good as the second half of the story so starters might get bored to soon. 

I'm still in those first few hours and I'm curious to know when the story gets a bit more interesting. I'm now at the end of year 1/start of year 2 and it's okay so far but I wouldn't mind if there would be some more story-developement. :|