PS3 ad teases Feb 1, possibly God of War related.

Lady Lilith

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/a-new-playstation-ad-whats-it-teasing

The PlayStation YouTube account has

a new video, seen below, that seems to tease something God of War-related. Check it out.

The short, 16 second ad shows a woman in a white dress, walking on a hill. What seems like ash quickly flows in, with the camera quickly cutting to a close-up of an eye. The date “February 1, 2013” shows up, and the ad ends. The video itself is titled Game Day 2013 Teaser.

This almost certainly seems like a God of War ad, likely having to do with God of War: Ascension, which is due out in March on PlayStation 3. However, it’s also possible that the ad is teasing something else, including a different God of War game, or perhaps -- one can speculatively hope -- something next-generation related. However, the safe bet certainly rests with Ascension.

What do you think Sony’s teasing?

I'm hoping that it's for a Vita God of War, seeing as this is exactly how Ascension was revealed...but it'll probably end up being another trailer for that. Although a Vita version would make a lot more sense to me.

Heavenly sword 2? :huh:

Believe it or not, that was actually my very first thought when I saw the woman, but then I figured that was out the window to be a sequel to a game from 2007. I guess that is a possibility though. I just know that God of War is...shall we say, a lot more popular. Not than HS isn't, I thought the "shoot the weakpoint for massive damage" part was AMAZING, but the puzzles seemed to drag the game down. And the sixaxis stuff if you didn't turn it off.

maybe a GOW for the Vita announcement... seemed very much like a Kratos dream of his wife before he killed her.... Ares!!! :shakefist:

the ashes lead me to believe its a GOW announcement of some type... maybe a movie? I thought i read somewhere that they were going to do a movie... maybe ive imagined it.

You bastards, now you've got me thinking how awesome a Heavenly Sword for the Vita would be. I'd rather have that than God of War.

Parker

What an awesome idea! We certainly need more Vita games!!! Regardless of what franchise this is......I'd really like to get the GOW Saga and plat the series. Should not take too long. Maybe 100 hours for everything.

in my opinion this is such a powerful trailer. now i have not played the GOW saga but after seeing this trailer i want to get into it now. this trailer actually made me cry and the only other time cried related to video games was when i realised we may never be getting a Star Wars Battlefront 3. now despite what fans of the games are saying i think Sony tried to make this trailer to get as many people interested in the game as possible even if they have not played the previous games (like me) and now im going to play the saga starting with it in the proper order once this game comes out