How Difficult is the platinum trophy?

TechnicalPixel

2 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Everything in this game is time consuming except I have troubles with catching a few fish, and good luck beating Journey of the Prairie King without dying. It is one of the hardest trophies I have made an attemt at but still dont have. 

What exactly makes the trophy hard? 

Jpurney of the Prairie King is a top down twin stick shooter added into the game, its is 3 rounds of enemies followed by a boss, three more rounds of enemies and a boss, and another three rounds then the final boss. All the enemies get increasingly more difficult and overwhelming. This mini game takes you out of the relaxing farming sim and throws you into a frustrating as hell twin stick shooter that doesnt always follow your commands. 

Out of difficulty on the game Prairie King is the only difficult thing. The museum collection isnt difficult. Its just really time consuming. I have one artifact left... There is a guide online that will tell you what area the artifact is found in though, so you can just try that area everyday. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like to Think of PLAT "difficulty" as a mix between Difficulty and Time 

fectors challenge is the ONLY truly difficulty trophy took me about 3 days of nonstop trying 

still its a 50-200 hour plat Depending on if you know what you are doing from the start

• 3 months later...

As others have said, there is only one difficult trophy in the entire game: Fector's Challenge.  Every other trophy, without exception, requires time and next to no skill.  How long it takes you to get each trophy is more a matter of how efficient you are at planning out your tasks.  Regarding Fector's Challenge now: what makes it difficult isn't so much skill-difficulty, but rng and non-cooperative controls.  On the surface it seems like a simple twin-stick shooter and looking at videos you'll be wondering why the hell people are complaining about it so much...it's easy, right?  Oh how wrong you'd be!

The good news for you if you care about your completion percentage, is that you can access this trophy within a couple of minutes of starting the game and can make it the very first one you earn.  It's a horrible way to introduce yourself to the game (I would know - that's how I started playing), but it's an option.  FYI took me just under a week to get, and I raged...a lot!

If you want to know more I wrote a comprehensive explanation of how to acquire the trophy: 

Edited by Danaxus82
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 9:32 AM, white_citrus said:

I gave up on trying to get it to platinum. That prairie minigame is a real downer. 

I found it pretty fun. Granted, RNG will keep you from getting this trophy for a bit but eventually you'll get that "Swiss cheese" run where all of the factors line up in your favor. 

All this RNG talk is confusing, you don't need impossible RNG like everyones saying at all. Just get at least a gun upgrade and bullet upgrade and you're set. I had bad RNG almost all the way through and still did it without dying. Btw I can consistently get to the end without dying regardless of if I get said upgrades fast. 

Just make sure you get a few coins and if its a bad run upgrade bullets instead of gun. 

• 2 weeks later...