One of the best games ever.

Wade_VC

littlebigplanet_.jpg

For those who have not tried Little Big Planet, I strongly urge you to do so; it is goofy, fun, bizarre, wacky, challenging, and just an absolutely fun game. You play as a sock puppet (or as it is referred to in the game, a sack person), whom you can customize in more ways than I could even begin to explain. Pink, blue, polka-dots...you name it, there is a color, pattern or theme for it.

Buck teeth or fangs?

Sure...why not.

The ways in which you can customize your Sack Person are literally endless and limitless.

littlebigplanet.png

The game starts out easy enough, taking you through some very basic moves and maneuvers, but once you get past that, things go from easy to challenging quickly. Not impossible hard by any means, but indeed challenging to say the least.

Your goal is to make your way through various levels full of all kinds of hazards and obstacles, while at the same time collecting as many items as you can...and there are a LOT of them. Stickers, new wardrobes, many, many things and items.

A wonderfully goofy and fun game that should be a part of everyone's gaming catalog!

• Like 4

I'm a big enough fan that I even talked the wife into making me, not one but, two actual real-life sack-persons (a pic of my 1st sack-person is in my profile). If you are going to be starting for the first time, I'd recommend getting LBP first before grabbing LBP2. For those of you aspiring game-creators, it's a dream come true.

The only thing that limits the game is YOUR imagination. Some of the player-created levels are simply amazing. This game is a MUST-HAVE for any serious platformer-fan. I'm sure there are tons of you out there that swear you could have made a better game...well, now you have you chance to prove it.

There was something so weird for me about this game. I played it so obsessively. It was the most fun I had ever had playing a game. I followed it years in its production, and it was the greatest moment ever playing the beta. It lived up to its hype, and it stands as one my all time favorites.

When the second game rolled around, I was excited for sure, but not as much as the first one. Even when I played it, it didn't have the same magic I felt when I played the first. It's really weird, because the second game is definitely superior in every way. The only thing that set me back was the new tools and mechanics. It was a little confusing. So much that the only creating I did in the second was making music. That's probably the main reason the second game didn't rekindle the flames for me. That and maybe I was burnt out from the first.

Too many fire related expressions, lol.

i actually started off with LBP2, and i simply love that game, even to this day i still play it working on something new or playing some older things as well has doing many other things i can do. when i finally got to LBP1, i really enjoyed the story more and even the prizes were better imo, but because i started off with the sequel, i didn't enjoy the first as much as i would've hoped to.

I've found that LittleBigPlanet has been a struggle to get my friends into. They just don't have the drive to collect everything, ace every level and simply beat the game like they do with other games/platformers. I've found myself actually playing it seriously on my own, and any time I can convince people to play it, it's more or less just to run around the story mode levels and not really accomplish much until they get tired of it.

They like customizing their sackpeople, that's about it... which you would think would translate to wanting to collect more stuff... but it doesn't.

Either way, I adore the game. Am I just doing this wrong? How do I get my friends to appreciate it like I do? :(

Either way, I adore the game. Am I just doing this wrong? How do I get my friends to appreciate it like I do? :(

Unfortunately, you can't. I remember back before it released, I had shown all of my friends the nineteen minute demo that Mm gave. They all said it was cool, but when the game rolled around, sure some of them bought it, but only two of my friends actually stuck with it. By perhaps maybe more than coincidence, we were also the only ones that were trophy collectors. The thing is, they have to like the whole creating aspect. That's what really drives you to go about collecting Prize Bubbles and acing levels. If they don't care much for creating, then they won't appreciate the game as much, and will quickly lose interest. They're probably more shooter people. ;]

not sure if this is a review, but it was quite entertaining to read xD although i didnt find the game taht hard. some of the online levels are crazy, but the single player didnt give me any problems i beat it without dying. i got about half way through 2 times, and did the whole thing once. (thats cause my old ps3 broke).

I've found that LittleBigPlanet has been a struggle to get my friends into. They just don't have the drive to collect everything, ace every level and simply beat the game like they do with other games/platformers. I've found myself actually playing it seriously on my own, and any time I can convince people to play it, it's more or less just to run around the story mode levels and not really accomplish much until they get tired of it.

They like customizing their sackpeople, that's about it... which you would think would translate to wanting to collect more stuff... but it doesn't.

you not once asked me to play LBP with you :P

and i always play LBP2, and i have both, all you gotta do is send a PSN message to me :)

• Like 1

you not once asked me to play LBP with you :P

and i always play LBP2, and i have both, all you gotta do is send a PSN message to me :)

I was referring moreso to friends I play locally with. :PI haven't really gotten around to focusing on LittleBigPlanet too closely on this PSN account yet. When I do I'll have to look you up. ;)

• Like 1

I was referring moreso to friends I play locally with. :PI haven't really gotten around to focusing on LittleBigPlanet too closely on this PSN account yet. When I do I'll have to look you up. ;)

lol okay, deal. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I disagree! LBP IS a great game, but by no means is it one of the best ever created. I personally like gritty action / military FPS games, and LBP does not offer that same level of content. It is respectable, but you take it a little far when you say it is the best game ever. just sayin' ;)

I disagree! LBP IS a great game, but by no means is it one of the best ever created. I personally like gritty action / military FPS games, and LBP does not offer that same level of content. It is respectable, but you take it a little far when you say it is the best game ever. just sayin' ;)

I guess that's for the individual player to decide. People have different opinions you know ;)

As for myself, I absolutely loved this game at first but after a while it just got super repetitive. I still hop on from time to time though when I have nothing better to do. :)

• Like 1

I guess that's for the individual player to decide. People have different opinions you know ;)

As for myself, I absolutely loved this game at first but after a while it just got super repetitive. I still hop on from time to time though when I have nothing better to do. :)

Great point! Little Big Planet gets extremely repetative. Don't get me wrong, it is a great game, but to me at least I get really bored!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I got this game on release, and loved it, but only now going through it on coop with a friend, and just remembering why this game is so awesome! So original. They don't make many platformers like this these days (unless you own a Nintendo), so we need to enjoy them while we can.

Once complete, we are cracking on with LBP2!