What happened?

HardXDXtraga

I haven't really played competitve rocket league since last year, when I clocked about 300 hours of it, but now while getting the trophies for the new dlc I feel sad to see that half of my partners when losing 1-0 or 2-0 before 2 minutes pass either want to forfeit or just leave the game, and if you don't forfeit they just don't move or help the others score against you.

What the hell happened to the team spirit and wanting to recover and win?

Why does everyone immediately give up because they're losing and what's the point of playing if you only want to win but don't even make an effort to do so?

I remember when the game came out, might have been just luck I guess but I don't think I ever got stood up or turned against making it a 3 vs 1, honestly I'm not even having fun playing just because of the amount of assholes that I'm being paired with.

Was it always like this and I just never noticed it or is this just what the game has become?

It really saddens me to see a game I played so much of being disrespected like this, what a shitty way to welcome new players that might otherwise enjoy the game

Sorry about the rant, just disappointed I guess, anyway, thoughts on this?

• Like 1

I have seen this while playing online in multiple other games as well, not just Rocket League (although I agree that is very common in this game no matter which gamemode you are playing). I do remember though that this has been an ongoing problem for me even when I played it on PC when it first released and PS4 as well on an old account.

One reason I think this is happening more often is Rocket League is one of those games which requires personal time and effort into building your own skill set as well as learning how to play with others to be effective. More importantly, knowing your place on the team and not trying to take the spotlight 24/7. Sometimes it is better left to your other team members to get up close and personal, and for yourself to play defensively or move to another position to have a shot setup for you. Players that like to feel like the RL equivalent of a superstar ballhog will quit if they can't be in that role. At the same time, ragequitting could be partially due to RL not having any real way to give yourself the upperhand in terms of car upgrades and modifications (as with "The Crew"'s car modification system or other multiplayer games which have non-balanced weapons).

I doubt that this is a real cause, but I have noticed a plethora of extremely young players in multiplayer games now. It's the worse in Uncharted 4, whose multiplayer I play almost everyday, where it sounds like you have 5 year olds on a mic that get pissy if shot at by an opponent and will quit if killed. They also quit often if you fail to revive them when they are downed...I'm slightly trigging myself now that I think about it.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts lol

People probably tend to give up fast because it's only 5 minutes matches, and there isn't really a big consequence for leaving except that you get a 15min ban. It also just might be your teammate might get the impression that the other team is too good, so they decide to forfeit to avoid wasting time. (Some of the friends i play RL with are totally guilty of doing this, i just don't know if it's the correct way of explaining it lol)

But yeah, it does quite suck, as the game is quite fun. I recommend getting yourself a friend to play with whilst going for these trophies, or you might run into more bullshit like this. :lol:

If you haven't played it since last year surely you would be placed against new players, so why are you in a position where you are losing?

If, for whatever, reason you're not then you would be miles behind their skill level. No point in trying to win a game with a teammate not at a similar skill level.

I personally forfeit quite a lot, since playing with a teammate that can rotate well is far more enjoyable than trying to carry some rocks. You also have to deal with assholes that refuse to forfeit, because they view it as cowardly or whatever. 

The cause is likely the season rewards. It's why there is a stupid amount of smurfs at least.

Probably because it sucks to be against players who can actively succeed in ball control and flying/aerial shots and you're still derping on the ground.

I wanted to quit all the matches where I was matched against those players too, because I'm awful~ but I didn't, because that's lame. But it certainly wasn't fun for me. Particularly when your team leaves. Was 1v3 for awhile, and the other team wouldn't skip the recapped scores. So it took forever. I tried to at least keep it out of the goal, but it's hard to do that when you're 1v3 and awful.

edit; actually, just people not skipping the replays is enough for me to hate playing the game. It really drags things down. Particularly during a stomp.

Edited by Elvick_

21 hours ago, midgetstrawdog said:

If you haven't played it since last year surely you would be placed against new players, so why are you in a position where you are losing?

If, for whatever, reason you're not then you would be miles behind their skill level. No point in trying to win a game with a teammate not at a similar skill level.

I personally forfeit quite a lot, since playing with a teammate that can rotate well is far more enjoyable than trying to carry some rocks. You also have to deal with assholes that refuse to forfeit, because they view it as cowardly or whatever. 

The cause is likely the season rewards. It's why there is a stupid amount of smurfs at least.

Even though I'm still at 8 of 10 placement matches I get paired with pros but play against experts and legends that already have a high placement

I find it weird myself but since I am an expert, almost at level 41, I guess they try to balance that by placing me agaisnt someone my own level

There is too much mental fragility and sensitivity in the air (worldwide), thus you have immature, "not fully developed, in terms of adult behavior/functions" individuals who cannot handle losing a video game.

We all get mad, but having a break (mental) over losing something that is only entertainment is an issue I would definitely try to rectify if I want to survive this world.

Edited by The_Apex_Badger

The community on Rocket League is extremely toxic. Trade spam, people wanting to forfeit, non-stop shit talking in the chat. I just ignore it and play the game. Sometimes completely mute the chat except for team quick chat, so I know what the team wants to do in Solo Standard. Sad to see such an amazing game have such a bad community

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

The community on Rocket League is extremely toxic. Trade spam, people wanting to forfeit, non-stop shit talking in the chat. I just ignore it and play the game. Sometimes completely mute the chat except for team quick chat, so I know what the team wants to do in Solo Standard. Sad to see such an amazing game have such a bad community

Those people are called little kids.

• Like 1

Ya I loved this game when it first game out and I hate soccer! Unfortunately as time went by, the harassment by other players just got to be too much for me. I had someone literally say to me if you can't get aerial goals don't bother playing and my depth perception of my car in relation to the ball is terrible so I mainly stay on the ground. I just come back for the trophies when a new dlc comes out now and that's it.