Error Code CE-34878-0, what do?

X7MWM

Hello all.
Playing Driveclub is impossible now with thanks to this error code. As PS Support suggests, I have my system updated, the game software updated, initialized the PS4 and also tried deleted and re-installed the game. I even bought a second physical copy of the game AND a digital copy too.
Playing an un-updated copy of the game offline is impossible too, as it prompts me to update the game. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions for my problem?

Many thanks.

Solutions to the error code:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Error-code-CE-34878-0/m-p/20287161

37 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

try this article, it fixed my    Error Code CE-34878-0, what do?        within 5 mins

That looks like a solution for a PC. This is happening on my PS4. Plus that isn't even the same error code.

Edited by X7MWM

I used to get the same error code quite regularly with a few different games, but I haven't had it happen for quite a few months now.

I was under the impression that it is a hardware problem rather than the game your playing, although I never did find an adequate cure for it.

51 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is this the error where you are sent back to ps4 menu?

Yes, that happens eventually.

49 minutes ago, skateak said:

Are you doing any specific game mode or race? I just tried it out and booted into the AMG Tour with no issue at all.

The game doesn't even load up. It barely gets to the main menu, sends me to the PS4 menu and gives me the error code and 'suggested actions'.

38 minutes ago, captainskyhawk said:

I used to get the same error code quite regularly with a few different games, but I haven't had it happen for quite a few months now.

I was under the impression that it is a hardware problem rather than the game your playing, although I never did find an adequate cure for it.

That sucks man.

3 minutes ago, X7MWM said:

Yes, that happens eventually.

I had this problem with Batman Arkham Knight right after updating to 4.50. But not in the main menu.I was playing challenges and it happened 10-15 minutes right after starting.Nothing worked except starting from a new game save.I saw the problem there as well but less.Kinda funny,i was playing many hours before the 4.50 update with no problems.It never happened with other games so in my case i don't believe it was the ps4's problem

17 minutes ago, X7MWM said:

The game doesn't even load up. It barely gets to the main menu, sends me to the PS4 menu and gives me the error code and 'suggested actions'.

That is wild man. Have you ever tried to do "Restore Database" on your PS4 before? Mine has acted up before but in a different way and that seemed to fix it for me. It doesn't delete any game or save data what-so-ever.

Edit: Also are you playing the disc or digital version? I have the digital version myself with the season pass.

Edited by skateak

40 minutes ago, skateak said:

That is wild man. Have you ever tried to do "Restore Database" on your PS4 before? Mine has acted up before but in a different way and that seemed to fix it for me. It doesn't delete any game or save data what-so-ever.

Edit: Also are you playing the disc or digital version? I have the digital version myself with the season pass.

I did a Restore Database about 2-3 months ago, but no success. And that was playing on a disc.
However, I'll try it again while playing on digital version, see if it makes any difference.

56 minutes ago, X7MWM said:

I did a Restore Database about 2-3 months ago, but no success. And that was playing on a disc.
However, I'll try it again while playing on digital version, see if it makes any difference.

And 2-3 months ago you had the same issue but with the disc version?

58 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Have you deleted the game and all data, then done a fresh install?

sorry - see you tried that first.

corrupt save file perhaps?

Yup, tried that too. Booted the game with no save data or profiles, and it still failed to load up without crashing.

• 2 weeks later...

I and a friend had this error on Star Wars Battlefront but the causes behind them were different.

For me, the game would load and then on the main menu it'd try to connect to EA servers and crash with that code. But if I booted the game then turned off my WiFi via the dashboard menu before it connected to the server, proceed a screen, and then reconnect the wifi.... it'd connect with no issue for the entire play session. (However I had to do this anytime I played )

Now my friend, BombasticGamerFilms, someone I played with a lot at the time also got this error however he only got the error in game whenever I logged in to PSN for some reason and ultimately we had to unfriendly each other on this particular account so that they could continue to play freely. 

The cause for the error seems to come from a number of the things but in the video you can see how I fix the issue

Edited by Dreggit

12 hours ago, Dreggit said:

I and a friend had this error on Star Wars Battlefront but the causes behind them were different.

For me, the game would load and then on the main menu it'd try to connect to EA servers and crash with that code. But if I booted the game then turned off my WiFi via the dashboard menu before it connected to the server, proceed a screen, and then reconnect the wifi.... it'd connect with no issue for the entire play session. (However I had to do this anytime I played )

Now my friend, BombasticGamerFilms, someone I played with a lot at the time also got this error however he only got the error in game whenever I logged in to PSN for some reason and ultimately we had to unfriendly each other on this particular account so that they could continue to play freely. 

The cause for the error seems to come from a number of the things but in the video you can see how I fix the issue

That's very interesting, but booting up Driveclub without internet actually made things worse.
I'll record what happens and post it here for you guys to see.

my ps3 backlog is so big I've had my ps4 for a couple years but just started playing it this year...only game I've played on it so far is gta v but I get this error regularly....fortunately I can just load it back up and it takes me to the last point in the game where I had a save...no solution, have reported each time...we'll see if this is common for all my games although it might take a few years...back to ps3 after this...gotta love errors that make no sense...

• 2 years later...