How the hell did 6%+ people get dash eternal?

inanis-x

This is really a shitty hard trophy to get. Is it just me or relatively many people are just really good at 4 minutes of pure concentration, eyes hurting and hands cramping?

P.S. I got it too (after days of despair playing a different game thinking I'll never get it).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Probably the same way FF9 jump rope skip is cheated. I always wondered by it was so god damn high. It took me days to do this. I don't believe for a second that all of them are legit and you can probably guess the amount of bellwackers who just cheated it. However, once you get the blue/green coloured cloak (I think), it becomes a lot easier to chain-dash.

Edited by Starlove-
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

While I can't speak for others, I found the dash eternal to be pretty simple (although I got a little nervous towards the end). The biggest issue for me was crashing into the walls of the arena, so I just did a method where I went side-to-side. The rhythm was pretty simple to find, although 800 consecutive dashes is pushing the bounds of good taste.

The bigger question to me is: how did people stand playing the game in the first place? I absolutely hate it. Total garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

if you have the right cape it's really easy. I got to 600 with the standard cape.

go in a circle and tap x, it is tricky at first.

Totally hooked and still playing after the plat/100%, picked it up on Pc for on the go with the laptop.

working on a speed run hoping to beat the game at around an hour.

over and out fellow drifters

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I don’t know how many people used the remote play macro trick but I found the method outlined in this post worked like a charm.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5906612-post28.html 

You could also use a metronome app on your phone. If you remain on one side of the room and just go back and forth it almost entirely removes the issue of running into a wall. At least it did for me.

• 7 months later...

Man, this is pretty unforgiving. So after a few hours of practice I’ve got the rhythm of tapping x down. It’s just that I’m so focused on tapping x that sooner or later I keep hitting the wall. I’m going in circles as going back and forth doesn’t work for me. I also tried the metronome but it just distracts me so I play completely without sound, counting to 10 in my head. I try to point my view at the centre of the screen, so everything is a bit blurry if that makes any sense... Anybody has some tips to make this a bit easier? If only they made the arena a little bit bigger. Current highscore: 412 ?. 

Edit: Allright, found a new technique for myself which makes it a lot more consistent. Instead of tapping with the tip of my thumb I’m now tapping with the lower end of my thumb which eliminates eventual twitching. Got close to 600 first time I tried it this way. Ofcourse I hit the wall ?. Matter of time before I get this done.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Man, this is pretty unforgiving. So after a few hours of practice I’ve got the rhythm of tapping x down. It’s just that I’m so focused on tapping x that sooner or later I keep hitting the wall. I’m going in circles as going back and forth doesn’t work for me. I also tried the metronome but it just distracts me so I play completely without sound, counting to 10 in my head. I try to point my view at the centre of the screen, so everything is a bit blurry if that makes any sense... Anybody has some tips to make this a bit easier? If only they made the arena a little bit bigger. Current highscore: 412 1f614.png

I found that going back and forth makes things easier though. But not just going left - right - left - right... Try going twice, sometimes three times depending on position, in each direction. That way walls ain't a problem! 

Although you already got 600 going in circles, so maybe it doesn't make too much sense to switch techniques now :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

I found that going back and forth makes things easier though. But not just going left - right - left - right... Try going twice, sometimes three times depending on position, in each direction. That way walls ain't a problem! 

Although you already got 600 going in circles, so maybe it doesn't make too much sense to switch techniques now :)

Yeah, the same worked for me. I'd manage 3 dashes from one bottom corner to the other and then repeat. But it seems that doing it in circles or left to right is down to preference.

Other thing I found to be more consistent in timing the dashes is to use my index finger instead of my thumb. Basically I'd put the controller on my leg while sitting and push the dash button with my right index finger while flicking the stick with my left thumb. This made chaining dashes much more consistent for me and I got the trophy in a couple of hours.

Really enjoyed the game, will play it again down the line.

Allright I did it! ? Taped a piece of paper over the counter at the bottom on my tv. Did it first try after that, as I had many attempts in 500-600 range but failed because I kept looking at the counter. Once the gate opened I immediately failed, due to concentration loss. Final score: 803

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, AllanGronkjaer said:

Got to 792 legit Yesterday was about to smash my controller 

796 was my high score after three weeks of putting in half an hour every day.

Stopped after that because it had pushed it's way out of the "fun" zone into other negative emotions. 

This is my 'gatekeeper' trophy. Good luck.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

796 was my high score after three weeks of putting in half an hour every day.

Stopped after that because it had pushed it's way out of the "fun" zone into other negative emotions. 

This is my 'gatekeeper' trophy. Good luck.

Thanks mate tried about 4 hours Yesterday i have cramps in fingers and triceps today ?  hopefully ill make it one Day 

• Like 3