Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

Congratulations! A couple of big grinds completed today with @Jens finishing up Rayman Legends too! I will have to say, I probably enjoyed your playthrough more than I enjoyed my own. Your idea to journal every mission utilizing celebrities was highly entertaining and you did a great job in making it interesting. I laughed, I cried...it was really well done. There's not a ton of games where something like this can be done but I think your effort here was enjoyed by many.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:05 PM, Cassylvania said:

Cool stuff. I'm still unsure if I like the trophies in these games. With so much of the story revolving around the choices you make, I really wish multiple playthroughs weren't a necessity. It's making it difficult to appreciate the outcome of one story, when you're also running through each game multiple times and making different decisions. Normally, that's not a big deal because the entire story is usually contained in a single game, but this one is spread out over three games. That makes me kinda wish I had played through each game once first, and then went back for the rest of the trophies.

At the very least, I think the Alette run should be treated as canon. (And you're right -- she's game-breakingly good with Overwatch.)

I agree with this wholeheartedly...especially the Alette run being canon. It's a better story I think that way. I think they made mistakes with the trophy set ups as well with only BS1 getting it right. It is a cool concept to be able to carry your save over from one game to the next, but it is really disappointing that decisions you make in BS1 can impact your ability to earn trophies in BS2 and BS3. As a stand alone game, they did make each chapter able to get all the trophies in minimal playthroughs if you use the save they provide...but that kind of kills the fun of following your own progress through each game in the series.

I definitely need to do three runs since I think that a trophy glitched out on me. The "Dredge Slayer" trophy for leaving no dredge alive did not pop on my first playthrough. None of the playable dredge survived that run and the trophy didn't pop. I'm not sure exactly why...I have a sneaky suspicion it has something to do with the dredge baby...but I'm not sure.  I killed one of the playable dredge characters during my BS2 playthrough...didn't let the dredge into Arberrang so never got that playable dredge and I killed the dredge with Iver's caravan that you run into...so in theory that trophy should have popped. My third playthrough I'm going to use a default Alette save and see if that will pop it. If not, I'm not sure what I'll need to do.

I did get to witness most of the possible endings by utilizing my cloud save on my Rook playthrough. I saved right before the final battle and uploaded it to the cloud and was able to pop a few ending trophies by playing that last battle differently which will save at least one full playthrough. I've really enjoyed the series, but am looking forward to finishing up. I'm hoping to do so this weekend or by Wednesday at the latest so I have enough time for Kingdom Hearts before the end of the month. I'm going to see Captain Marvel tonight and we have daylight savings as well, so that'll be at least four hours less I can game this weekend. It may end up going further into the week than I hope.

You going to jump right into Enemy Within or are you going to finish up Nioh first and take a break? Five playthroughs can be taxing...even if it is something awesome like XCOM.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 1:31 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

Right now, I am detoxing my profanity system after playing I and Me. Worst. Puzzle Game. EVA. I just hate those puzzles involving controlling two characters that move in sync. At least the cute kitty meows when the cats you control get killed is cute.

Those are usually the worst kind of puzzles. Plus, I looked it up on YouTube, and it looks rather pretentious for the kind of game it's supposed to be.

9 hours ago, Briste said:

I will have to say, I probably enjoyed your playthrough more than I enjoyed my own. Your idea to journal every mission utilizing celebrities was highly entertaining and you did a great job in making it interesting. I laughed, I cried...it was really well done. There's not a ton of games where something like this can be done but I think your effort here was enjoyed by many.

Thanks. I had fun with it. I'm actually at a loss of what to do today, since I'm so used to coming home, starting a quick mission, and giving the play-by-play. I'm going to miss the Margot Robbie appreciation thread.

9 hours ago, Briste said:

You going to jump right into Enemy Within or are you going to finish up Nioh first and take a break? Five playthroughs can be taxing...even if it is something awesome like XCOM.

Yeah, Enemy Within can wait. We'll get to it once I clear some other games out of my backlog, or when XCOM 3 is officially announced, or when the next platinum milestone rolls around, or maybe just when the itch comes back. I don't know if I'd want to do individual journal entries again, but a drawing or web comic could be fun.

For this weekend, I think I'll continue chipping away at TBS2 and probably finish KQ. The Alette battles are ridiculously easy, but the Ravens are a pain. I had to reload an earlier save and manipulate some of the choices I made to avoid one battle in particular that was giving me trouble. It was that one where you only have Bolverk, Folka, Bak, and some useless AI companions that get slaughtered right away. I know you could theoretically do it with Cull the Weak, but I wasn't having much luck. No clue how I'm going to get Intense Repossession either. I really don't think the Ravens are powerful enough to sustain a fight for that long on Hard, but Eyeless doesn't seem to have enough willpower to do ten (or even five) repossessions on Easy.

And then next weekend... Back to Arkham City! I'll have to think about what trophies I want to work towards this time. It's St. Patty's Day, so maybe something green...like Riddler trophies. Yuck.

Need that barf emoji again...

• Like 2

So, I know you're all dying to hear exactly how many times I cheated on my XCOM Ironman playthrough. Well, the short answer is five. The long answer is a lot. But it really depends on what you consider a cheat. Let's break it down, where I'll rank each save scum as either a cheat, not really a cheat, or really a cheat.

1. NOT REALLY A CHEAT. When Liam Neeson died, I didn't even consider quitting out to the XMB screen and restarting that turn. It was so early in the run, and I was still fully committed to an honest playthrough. The problem was that I went to press start (to abort the mission), but pressed select instead (which ends my turn), and that likely would've resulted in a group wipe. Not really fair for such an innocent mistake.
  2. NOT REALLY A CHEAT. This was the reaction cam blunder in that back alley level. During normal gameplay, aliens are "inactive" until they come within range of one of your units. At this point, you see a short reaction cam, where the aliens take off towards the nearest cover. This is nice because it allows you to keep track of exactly how many aliens are hunting you at any one time. But in this particular bullshit mission, there were two Floaters that became "active" with no reaction cam, so they were able to swoop in from the fog of war and kill Margot, even though all active aliens were dead.
  3. A CHEAT. I thought Margot would make a 59% chance shot. I was wrong. (In my defense, though, it was the last alien on the map, Margot had full HP, and I really wanted her to get the kill so I could get her to Captain rank.)
  4. A CHEAT. Remember when I failed to shoot down that UFO and it destroyed the satellite over the US and I was kicking myself for the next few days? That happened twice. The only difference was that I didn't let my Interceptor get shot down the second time.
  5. REALLY A CHEAT. Remember that one UFO mission where about eighty-three Mutons surrounded me when I was still in the starting position? Yeah, that was a group wipe waiting to happen. I would've accepted one death, but not six. Think I restarted three or four times on this one.
  6. REALLY A CHEAT. The alien base mission is whack. I don't even feel bad about this one. If you're not going to follow the rules of the game, neither am I. (I probably had about 15-20 restarts in this mission alone, but only because there was an endless stream of aliens from that door.)
  7. REALLY A CHEAT. The B-team mission turned out much worse than my story, but I wanted to make it entertaining. I can't even remember everything that went wrong. I know Trump blew up Betty at one point, and Jackie got ripped open by a Chryssalid at least twice. But I was also trying to give it a heroic ending, where Vlad or somebody was going to sacrifice themselves to kill the Sectopod. Not sure how many restarts I had, but this whole mission was just for fun. We could've accepted some deaths, another country withdrawing, or even a group wipe (though that would've made the final mission much more difficult).
  8. NOT REALLY A CHEAT. I tried a few times to get Margot the final kill in the game, but it just wasn't happening. Having to sit through that long cutscene each time wasn't helping either.

So, there you have it. #8 doesn't count. #1 shouldn't either, since I just pressed the wrong button. (Unlike Eddie's gaffe near the end, where I honestly did throw the wrong grenade, but decided to accept anyway.) #2...could have been a mistake on my part, but I'm pretty sure my tally was right. And #3 never should have happened. That was a stupid call and I deserved to lose Margot.

#4 didn't change much, and neither did #7. I could've just ignored that entire mission, or sent better troops.

I'm not sure what to do about #6. Is it a bug? Have other players experienced it? I even knew it was coming and couldn't stop it. This is the one mission I'd have to be more prepared for if I were to attempt a 100% authentic Ironman run.

As far I'm concerned, #5 is my only true cheat. The others were dumb plays on my part, me goofing around, or the game not playing by its own rules. Had I played it straight, Ameera would be dead, and I would've had to evacuate the mission. Of course, we never would've had to take that mission in the first place, if we had just captured an Outsider when we first had the chance.

ANYWAY, enough XCOM. TBS2 is my game to bitch at today, and Chapter 13 has been a nightmare. I finally beat the first battle where you only have Bolverk and Folka against an army of bandits (after failing at it all night), and then I ran into a brick wall. My only solution was to have Bolverk solo the entire map. I finally got it to work. I sure hope nobody else needs that experience because big boy is hogging it all. And oh my God, they just put me into another battle. Have mercy, game.

Excuse me while I punch holes into my wall.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jens said:

With another Picross nerd lurking in this thread.... skip Pic-a-Pix Classic, at least at 4+$. It's not that good, it's pretty slapped together. In the end I got slightly mad at the game and just filled the screen while using the "Fix Mistakes" options to pop the "Use no X" trophies. At this point it seems like they're going for quantity over quality, and that's bad.

Fun fact: There was a picture of a seal, you know, the animal. But they translated it with Google I guess and used the German word for seal, you know, something that seals stuff. That was one minute of confusion followed by one minute of face-palming.

On another note... my sister's boyfriend said he'll give me Red Dead Redemption 2 for a while, because he is lost after a long break. I'm scared...

I saw you Play the game the whole Weekend ;) If you want something fresh and nice in between I Can highly recommend Moonlighter. I have a good time with it. Getting loot from Dungeons and sell it in your own shop to get Money to craft new Equipment is really nice!

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 9:14 PM, Cassylvania said:

It was that one where you only have Bolverk, Folka, Bak, and some useless AI companions that get slaughtered right away. I know you could theoretically do it with Cull the Weak, but I wasn't having much luck. No clue how I'm going to get Intense Repossession either. I really don't think the Ravens are powerful enough to sustain a fight for that long on Hard, but Eyeless doesn't seem to have enough willpower to do ten (or even five) repossessions on Easy.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, Cassylvania said:

I finally beat the first battle where you only have Bolverk and Folka against an army of bandits (after failing at it all night), and then I ran into a brick wall. My only solution was to have Bolverk solo the entire map. I finally got it to work. I sure hope nobody else needs that experience because big boy is hogging it all. And oh my God, they just put me into another battle. Have mercy, game.

It looks like you were able to get Intense Repossession so congrats. That trophy gave me a  lot of trouble as well. I replayed the first mission about ten times and the most I could get her to possess was four times. I ended up getting the last six in the second battle, and that took an additional eight to ten tries. I ended up getting it when it was just Oli and Eyeless left. Eyeless seemed more interested in possessing my fallen characters than the fallen dredge. After I got the trophy, I had to replay the level again since Oli couldn't take down Eyeless one on one.

That Bolverk and Folka only battle was also really hard on Hard difficulty. On the earlier difficulty, you could easily Cull the Weak and mop the floor with Bolverk. Their Armor and Health is too high on hard difficulty for that to work. That one took me several tries as well. I ended up using Folka as bait mostly and had her use her shield ability and had Bolverk start on one side and move across. I tried to target the archers first...but it was really challenging.

Do you see what I meant about Master Tactician? To me that was the worst trophy in the game since it can literally be impossible to get since there isn't enough renown to get six characters to level ten. I noticed you started the DLC. What do you think of that setup? I kind of liked it, but the trophies are actually quite challenging. I needed four runs since there was no way I could beat Hard with only four Varl or only using Human Females. I had no real problem with the Varl on normal and was able to knock out most of the trophies on that run. I found Normal to still be challenging with the all Human Female run and used a fourth playthrough to get the Hard trophy, which still ended up being really hard since I never got an item with knock-back to give to Alette. I did like the perma-pillage mode.

I'm hoping to finish up BS3 tonight. I have only that pesky Dredge Slayer trophy left. I have to replay Alette from chapter 20 on the file the game gives you instead of my imported save. It is damn near impossible to get a carried over save to have everything needed to get all the trophies. For my save, I let Hogun leave the caravan in BS2, which was a mistake since he was needed for the Guided trophy of keeping everyone alive. And I kept the dredge baby alive in BS1, which turns out is a mistake since I think keeping that baby alive is why Dredge Slayer hasn't popped for me yet. It's conceivable to get all the trophies in two runs I believe, but you basically can't use your carried over saves...which is kind of stupid...I'm actually thinking about making a guide for BS3 since I think with all my playthroughs, I really have a good understanding of it. We'll see if I have the time...

Also...Captain Marvel was the textbook definition of 'ok'. I'd say it was in the bottom third of the MCU for me. It's worth seeing for context in the whole MCU but was largely a disappointment when compared to the other movies they've put out recently.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jens said:

Hey there, it was my first bachelor weekend in quite some time, cut me some slack :P And there was some Titan Quest in there too.......

I've seen it before and it looked slightly off to me. But now I'll keep it in mind :P Is the crazy low platinum% just caused by the trophy bug or is it that challenging? I wouldn't mind it, I'm just curious.

Can´t say for sure yet but I guess that the Bugs are fixed. It was said that you can´t Close the game for the 10.000 kill trophy because the Counter will reset. But this wasn´t the case for me for the 1000 kill trophy.

Regarding difficulty it´s really not that hard. I guess the People are just afraid because there are some trophies that Gamers hate the most. Get not hit by any boss, kill all bosses with one specific weapon, speedrun in 10 hours and grind enemy kills, craft every weapon ;) I finished it in 8:30 hours in the first playthrough and it wasn´t something I was going for.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jens said:

On another note... my sister's boyfriend said he'll give me Red Dead Redemption 2 for a while, because he is lost after a long break. I'm scared...

Why scared? It looks like fun. I mean, I never played the first RDR, so I doubt I'll ever get to RDR2, but I love westerns. I wish they had more games from that time period.

10 hours ago, Briste said:

Do you see what I meant about Master Tactician? To me that was the worst trophy in the game since it can literally be impossible to get since there isn't enough renown to get six characters to level ten. I noticed you started the DLC. What do you think of that setup? I kind of liked it, but the trophies are actually quite challenging. I needed four runs since there was no way I could beat Hard with only four Varl or only using Human Females. I had no real problem with the Varl on normal and was able to knock out most of the trophies on that run. I found Normal to still be challenging with the all Human Female run and used a fourth playthrough to get the Hard trophy, which still ended up being really hard since I never got an item with knock-back to give to Alette. I did like the perma-pillage mode.

Yeah, I couldn't even get Master Tactician, with my imported save. I think I had enough renown, but not enough kills, since Alette was hogging all of the experience. I'll probably play TBS3 first and then go for the remaining trophies in TBS2, in case I need to import my choices or renown again.

The DLC is good. I had no trouble with my Easy run, but now I'm trying boobs only and it's quite a bit harder. Probably won't be able to combine that with the trophy for not using the horn, so I'm expecting at least three more playthroughs (unless four varls + no horn is doable).

Anyway, some quick updates. I finally caved and bought the Green Cities DLC for Shitties Crylines. Made the game play itself yesterday and got several trophies. Still need the two long ones. Grabbed Forgotten Anne on sale too, so maybe we'll play that sometime. And, um...

Two days. I lasted two days before beginning XCOM: Enemy Within.

Image result for emotional eating gif

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Jens said:

It looks pretty amazing and I 100%ed the first one (in-game, no online mode for me). But it is so crazy long though... I was just about to dig myself out of those absurdly huge games :P It's a free option, so it would be stupid to complain about it.

Can I recommend RDR2? Hell yes. It's a good game, a bit slow-paced, but it's not supposed to be a flashy action movie. I really enjoyed the relaxing pace. 

Can I recommend RDR2 to a completionist? Nope, no, never, na-ah. It is indeed long, though playing through the story shouldn't take longer than 60h (maybe a bit less). But the main reason I say no is the online portion of the game. Not even getting 100% in the story mode, or surviving freaking 18 bear attacks compares to what it is to play the online for 50+ hours. 

I should get the plat tonight, so will write more detailed thoughts about RDR2 tomorrow I hope, but in its current state, the online in this game is really, really dissappointing. 

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, some quick updates. I finally caved and bought the Green Cities DLC for Shitties Crylines. Made the game play itself yesterday and got several trophies. Still need the two long ones. Grabbed Forgotten Anne on sale too, so maybe we'll play that sometime. And, um...

Two days. I lasted two days before beginning XCOM: Enemy Within.

I see, Nioh didn't grab your attention ?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I couldn't even get Master Tactician, with my imported save. I think I had enough renown, but not enough kills, since Alette was hogging all of the experience. I'll probably play TBS3 first and then go for the remaining trophies in TBS2, in case I need to import my choices or renown again.

If you think you have enough renown, it is easy to get the kills you need to level up. The kills you get in the training tent count towards leveling up. You also get extra renown for completing the challenges he gives you. I think you can get like 80-100 renown in the training tent...but if it's just the kills holding you back, you do not need to do another playthrough.

13 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

The DLC is good. I had no trouble with my Easy run, but now I'm trying boobs only and it's quite a bit harder. Probably won't be able to combine that with the trophy for not using the horn, so I'm expecting at least three more playthroughs (unless four varls + no horn is doable).

I found the boobs run to be much more challenging than the Varl run. I got unlucky with item drops and never got a knockback item I could give Alette, so I had to get creative with Slag and Burn and Rain of Arrows for crowd control. The horseborn level on the bridge with the big horseborn boss caused me a lot of trouble. The range of their spears was crazy far and with how squishy the ladies are, it proved quite challenging. I was able to unlock all of the extra trophies with my Quad-core run. I used Bolverk, Krumr, Iver and Hakon and pretty much steamrolled through the whole thing. I would say don't worry about using the horn on your boobs run. I needed four runs to get all the trophies. I did get a knockback item for Alette on my hard run so that one wasn't as hard.

I got the platinum for BS3 last night and was able to unlock Dredge Slayer using the starter save they provide. I'm convinced now that keeping the baby dredge alive from BS1 is what blocked that trophy on my other playthroughs. The good news is, I believe it is possible to get the platinum in BS3 on only two playthroughs...the bad news is you probably need to use the save they provide to do that.

Key decisions that will make it impossible on imported saves to get all the trophies would be any decision that has a character leave or kills a character other than Onef/Ekkil in BS1. If you have Ekkill in your party, you will be unable to get the Guided and Young Love trophies since you need Egil for both of them. You have to kill the baby dredge in BS1 for Dredge Slayer (I don't know if killing it blocks Dredge Lover since all my saves kept the baby alive). You can't let Hogun leave your party in BS2; you can't kill Mogun when he confronts Bolverk in BS2. Eirik will be in your party either way. If you let him leave in BS1, he's in one caravan in BS3, if you let him stay he is in the other caravan in BS3. You need to not kill the dredge with Bolverk in BS2, you need to not kill Eyeless the second time in BS2. You need to not kill Bak with Bolverk in BS2 and you need to side with the King and not Rugga in BS2. I'm sure there are several other little things I'm missing but basically, side with the king, kill the dredge baby and keep everyone else you can in your caravan and your BS3 imported save should be ok...if not, you'll need at least one playthrough using the starter save they provide. 

Overall, I really enjoyed the series a lot. While I really liked the fact you could carry over your save throughout the series, and that dialogue choices from BS1 affect dialogue choices in BS3, I think they didn't execute the imported save concept very well when they developed their trophy list. If you're not a trophy hunter, it wouldn't be a big deal...but I replayed that last fight about six times trying to get all the trophies and then ended up replaying two of my saves about five times from chapter 20 on to get the rest.

I'm going to try and bang out Hidden Agenda this week and then my Kingdom Hearts marathon begins!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

I see, Nioh didn't grab your attention 1f605.png

Oh, I'm still working on that. It's just a...slower process.

I swear, I'm not an addict.

12 hours ago, Briste said:

If you think you have enough renown, it is easy to get the kills you need to level up. The kills you get in the training tent count towards leveling up. You also get extra renown for completing the challenges he gives you. I think you can get like 80-100 renown in the training tent...but if it's just the kills holding you back, you do not need to do another playthrough.

That's a relief! From what it sounds, I won't need another playthrough for decision-making either. Just a lot of Survival Mode... Yay.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

Sorry for the double post... but your Browns are making moves!! Wow!!

OBJ is an interesting one. But I suppose a poodle hair does belong with the dawgs. You'll have to remind me when the draft comes up, because I haven't been paying attention to any of this news.

Anyway, I'm not going to make a long story or detailed journal entries about my Enemy Within playthrough. Put simply, the aliens have invaded Earth for the sixth time in the past two months, and we're sick of their shit. Margot Robbie has retired, the PSNP Bros have moved onto other games, and I had to go to the ends of the earth to recruit the last remaining heroes to make a stand against the alien scum. That's right -- we put our faith in John Stamos, Alyssa Milano, Keira Knightley, and Willem Dafoe. (And just for fun, we threw on a couple Second Wave options as well, because we can't make this too easy.)

I've never felt more safe for humanity's future.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

Keep an eye on Aubrey Plaza, Dwayne Johnson, Beyonce, and M. Night Shyamalan too. Especially Shyamalan. He died in my first EXALT mission.

Well he hasn't made a decent movie in a long time...he could probably use some interesting shit to happen to him so he can get that creativity back...also are you sure he's dead? Probably tried to kill them with water....but there is always some kind of twist with him...I'll bet you find out at the end that he was actually the Supreme Being or the guy that called the Aliens in the first place.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, Cassylvania said:

OBJ is an interesting one. But I suppose a poodle hair does belong with the dawgs. You'll have to remind me when the draft comes up, because I haven't been paying attention to any of this news.

I need to find a sport I can get into so I don't feel left out here, but I also need to have consistent cable or break down and sub to Hulu. :P

On 3/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, Cassylvania said:

I swear, I'm not an addict.

I know how it feels to sink hours and bucks into a multiplayer game, I was a slave to Maplestory for months before I cut the cord. Nexon is getting no more money or time from me! xD

Speaking of crazy addictive games, sunk a few hours into Kingdom Hearts 3 last night, spent all night getting through Monstropolis and Arandelle.

Spoiler

I actually stuck around for the cutscenes in Arandelle as I wasn't a big fan of Frozen but, as I know from other games in the series, Kingdom Hearts makes the musical parts seem less stingy. The only part I didn't like was how they treated the villain of the movie, Hans. They didn't show his face at all during his screentime and didn't give him any speaking lines. And how the hell did he suddenly randomly become a Heartless? I mean, I know that people can randomly turn (as KH2 showed in one scene in Mulan's world when the soldiers turned into Nightwalkers) but Skoll was just random. Also, I failed to skip his Desperation Move TWICE which sucks as I should have been shredding his HP with Fira. His stupid wolf heads kept knocking me back. In fact, Sora got knocked into Low Earth Orbit WAY too many times. If I have been on Proud, I would have gotten Game Over so many times on those stupid enemies running around and playing hackysack with Sora's body. ?

Spoiler

Kept beating my head over the minigames in KH3, finally got the trophy for the Festival Dance, which wasn't too hard if you know what you are doing, but I can't get past 9 million points on Verum Rex in the Toy Box world, I keep breaking the damn chain because I'm too far away from some of the robots. Frozen Slider also surprised me with its frustration. I keep losing the no-damage bonus because I hit the damn icicles in the tunnel. Well, onto the Caribbean and San Fransokyo! :S

I might pull away and score more EZPZ before the end of the week. I have to go in for dental surgery in a few days and it will suck because I have to skip breakfast and lunch and have soup for dinner because I'll be unable to eat any solid food until midnight because I have to heal the wounds, but it's better this than having tooth fragments which can get infected. Sorry if I grossed you out, just airing my grievances. :(

Edited by SuperSmash5U

On 3/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

Speaking of crazy addictive games, sunk a few hours into Kingdom Hearts 3 last night, spent all night getting through Monstropolis and Arandelle. I actually stuck around for the cutscenes in Arandelle as I wasn't a big fan of Frozen but, as I know from other games in the series, Kingdom Hearts makes the musical parts seem less stingy. The only part I didn't like was how they treated the villain of the movie, Hans. They didn't show his face at all during his screentime and didn't give him any speaking lines. And how the hell did he suddenly randomly become a Heartless? I mean, I know that people can randomly turn (as KH2 showed in one scene in Mulan's world when the soldiers turned into Nightwalkers) but Skoll was just random. Also, I failed to skip his Desperation Move TWICE which sucks as I should have been shredding his HP with Fira. His stupid wolf heads kept knocking me back. In fact, Sora got knocked into Low Earth Orbit WAY too many times. If I have been on Proud, I would have gotten Game Over so many times on those stupid enemies running around and playing hackysack with Sora's body. 1f621.png

*GASP* Say it ain't so. Just be careful with spoilers. I haven't played KH2 yet, and Briste just started the series.

So, I was all ready to cast my vote for Margot Robbie as MVP of the year, but now I'm thinking that honor has to go to Alette from TBS2. She Overwatched, Knockbacked, Artery Striked, and Punctured her way through so many enemies in Survival Mode that she is single-handedly responsible for the most trophies ever popped at once on my profile. Just look at all this:

• The Professional (clear on Normal difficulty)
  • A Fallen Few (fewer than 20 heroes dying)
  • Together or Not At All (zero heroes dying)
  • No Outsiders (no heroes recruited)
  • Not Some Fantasy (only human heroes)
  • Example to Others (only female heroes)
  • On Wings of Ravens (clear in under 180 minutes)

And, with that, my boobs only run was a success! Will hornless quad varl prove to be more of a challenge? Will Alette fare as well on Hard difficulty? Will I ever do the Training Tent stuff so I can finally platinum this game? Find out next time on THE BACH-ALETTE.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Just be careful with spoilers

Sorry, I put the story stuff in spoiler tags. :S

Speaking of the series, I sunk 10 hours in BBS to get two story trophies so my 1000th trophy would be something cool instead of a LEGO Jurassic World trophy. I do plan on finishing up LEGO Jurassic World and getting the plat there but I had to get improvement on my Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep completion. I decided to just start Aqua's run too - and died to stupid bunnies. Aqua is so piss weak in the beginning. I needed to dive in Command Board to get Magnet for her. ?

3 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Speaking of the series, I sunk 10 hours in BBS to get two story trophies so my 1000th trophy would be something cool instead of a LEGO Jurassic World trophy. I do plan on finishing up LEGO Jurassic World and getting the plat there but I had to get improvement on my Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep completion. I decided to just start Aqua's run too - and died to stupid bunnies. Aqua is so piss weak in the beginning. I needed to dive in Command Board to get Magnet for her. 1f621.png

I can't argue with your 1000th trophy. It's a lot better than mine. I wanted to get one of my favorite Goosebumps books, but there were better choices out there. (I'd also probably have to reread those books too, now that I don't have the mind of a 10-year-old.)

Oh, and to answer your question from the other thread: I will be starting Old Man's Journey soon. I wanted to do it shortly after finishing King's Quest, for continuity reasons. I always like following up games with other games that have similar themes. Speaking of which...

Not a Platinum #Why - King's Quest

L839495.png

I've gotten a lot of flak over the years for not playing more plat-less games. I dunno -- maybe I'm just not into games that you can finish in one sitting. But, like RE4, this is one of those games that really should have a platinum, based on how long it will take the average player to finish. Yes, it's designed like a Telltale game, but the chapters are longer and require actual puzzle solving. I'd put it up there with Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us in terms of storytelling. KQ might squeak out ahead, but it has the added advantage of being one of my first video game series, and this is one of the best revivals I've seen this decade.

Unlike Telltale games, every chapter in this game was a little different. Chapter 1 is clearly the best (as it plays the most like the original series), but I really liked Chapter 3 too. It's probably the only chapter I didn't mind replaying either, since you get different dialogue, depending on which ending you're going for. Chapter 2 has a godawful gimmick that basically requires a guide if you want a "good" ending (which you need for a trophy -- actually, multiple trophies), and Chapter 4 will give you a migraine. I'm undecided when it comes to Chapter 5. I appreciate not having to play through it multiple times, but it felt rush and unfinished. Of course, I think part of that was intentional... The Epilogue is good, but unnecessary for the not platinum.

Either way, the game is worth playing just for the nostalgia factor. Wouldn't mind seeing a sequel. Personally, though, I'd love to see King Graham in an action-adventure RPG, with maybe some city-building elements. I think it could do really well, if set in the style of something like Ni No Kuni 2 or Dragon Quest Builders. There's always been something wholesome about the King's Quest series, and I think it would do really well in that market.

Always seek adventure!

*rides a log off a cliff*

• Like 1