Suggestion: Improved milestones

I agree with all of the above, that are some nice suggestions @Cassylvania. Also nice mockups @Se7en ?

I don't mind the idea of having separate Platinum Trophy and Trophy milestones. (actually when I look at it I'm liking it more and more :D ).

Curious if other people also like these suggestions. ( I totally do =D )

• Like 1

After hearing everybody's comments and thinking it over, I've decided to change my proposal to the following:

1. Allow us the option to show/hide individual milestones.
  2. Platinum 25, which was originally a permanent milestone, should be made into a milestone again, as should all of the other milestones that were taken away (e.g. every 1k trophies).
  3. The option to set personal milestones would also be nice. This could be limited (one or two personal milestones per user) or reward-based (for every x amount of trophies/platinums earned, another personal milestone is unlocked).
  4. Trophy milestones and platinum milestones should be listed in separate categories. Personal milestones should also be their own category, if they are implemented.

This should take care of all the negative criticisms I've heard. Thoughts?

Edited by Cassylvania

I planned my milestones with the old displaying criterium, I didn't like the fact that it was changed, showing milestones every 10 plats up to plat number 50 even after you are above 50 plats, now among milestones I have some plats like Infamous First Light which I didn't plan nor wanted as a milestone and lost White Knight Chronicles which deserved a milestone at plat number 25. So what's the point in planning milestones if one day they might change for no reason (and there's nothing one can do about it).

Edited by Brightblade76

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

This should take care of all the negative criticisms I've heard. Thoughts?

I still would like the original every 1k back, as that was removed without any input and had nothing but negative feedback when it happened. Rest of the ideas are pretty good. 

Edited by Gage

11 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I planned my milestones with the old displaying criterium, I didn't like the fact that it was changed, showing milestones every 10 plats up to plat number 50 even after you are above 50 plats, now among milestones I have some plats like Infamous First Light which I didn't plan nor wanted as a milestone and lost White Knight Chronicles which deserved a milestone at plat number 25. So what's the point in planning milestones if one day they might change for no reason (and there's nothing one can do about it).

I agree with you 100%. I even made this account specifically for taking advantage of the milestone system. The problem with simply going back to the old way, as @AlphaTrash pointed out, is that too much time has passed and now there's a whole cast of new users who might be upset if they lose the milestones they planned out. The change probably should've been rescinded immediately.

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

I still would like the original every 1k back, as that was removed without and input and had nothing but negative feedback when it happened. Rest of the ideas are pretty good. 

Right, sorry. I'll add that to the list. I forgot that was even an issue because that just seemed like something everybody wanted back.

• 1 month later...

Okay! I updated the original post to reflect on everybody's feedback. I tried to only include topics that haven't been met with negative criticism. The exception to this is the third idea, but it wouldn't be an issue if the second idea is implemented...

Please let me know if you have any further thoughts on this subject.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Okay! I updated the original post to reflect on everybody's feedback. I tried to only include topics that haven't been met with negative criticism. The exception to this is the third idea, but it wouldn't be an issue if the second idea is implemented...

Please let me know if you have any further thoughts on this subject.

Ohh, that looks neat! 

I love show/hide milestones in addition to the return of platinum 25. I think it's the most fair to everyone. Someone who planned their 25th plat can hide 10, 20, 30, while someone who planned those three can hide 25. Or, someone can be wild and display them all. Like I've said, I'd personally like to keep 1337 and 30, but platinum 25 was also in a game that held significance to me. It'd be nice to have the option of showing all three while hiding, say, #10.

• 5 weeks later...
I just got my trophy number 11000 and I find that it is not in the marks of my wall profile ?. You should introduce new customization options, because they really are not enough. The trophyhunters number increases and your site should add new adjustments; it's not just my opinion, because I just asked other players. 

• 3 years later...

I just want the plat milestones and one milestone every 1000 trophies. Am I able to remove the 500, 1337, 1500 etc? 

Just slows me down as I usually like to get something decent for it. But I'd prefer it if I could just remove them in general. 

If not, is there any chance that it will be an added feature for premium members going forward?