Has anyone else pulled out the original strategy guide for ff9

cjl73185

7 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

There was also a bunch of things discovered in FFIX so many years after the game/guide came out.

Its pretty trash outside of a collectors item lol

It's pretty lousy even as that, tbh. There's so much blank space in that guide.

You know, I remember going to the bookstore back in the day, and writing the various keywords out of the guide in the hopes of using PlayOnline in my office (happily, I had quick internet thanks to working at a university), and the stupid site didn't even work then.

I just checked the author's page due to an article I read on Kotaku recently. Apparently, everyone else also read the same article, and have been giving him shit for the guide. Poor dude - I'm sure this was entirely the fault of the cupidity of Squeenix, and this otherwise nice guy is taking flak for it.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyanpower said:

This guide must be the worst strategy guide of all time though.

Agreed. I took it out a few days ago and after a quick look up, it's obvious that it's not gonna help much, except for the treasure list maybe. 

• Like 1

There are some useful things in the guide, but most of it can be found on the wikia page these days. The PlayOnline stuff had a lot of the great stuff, but that's down. I do however have a copy of all the PlayOnline pages if anyone is interested! :) 

Sure everyone is talking about the Piggyback version here. I really only used it for quickly checking what abilities party members can learn in the Character pages and looking over tetra master. Of course I got it back in the PS1 days when I use to have to print pages of gamefaqs for the limited time of internet I had, such a mess haha