It's All in the Cards III

Dbarr74

Just to confirm, its 100 different NPCs right? If so is there a good list of NPC locations out there I can use? Especially for Disk 4. Been checking out different websites and guides and nothing from what I can tell has a list of people and locations. Anyone got any help for this one?

Edited by Dbarr74

don't think so, As In the tutorial from Allyway jack - It says "some npcs become Re- changeable as you progress thru the game"

leads me to think you can play and win agasnt the same NPC atleast 3 times thru out the game,  FFIX isn't very big in hind sight, Sure you can play Vs almost anyone. but I really dont think there's 100 Interactable Npcs that play Terramaser 

Just challenge absolutely everyone.. If you lose, go to the title screen and the press continue it'll start you at the screen entrance.

There are a few missable locations you can challenge people. Like Daguerreo and the invisible dudes in Memoria. The chocobos and fat chocobo in the paradise.

When it says NPC being re-challengable I'm guessing that's after a major event. Some cities change a little bit after certain events and if I had to guess it could be then is the next time to challenge people.

I eventually got mine in Daguerreo as you can basically challenge everyone in there.

Edited by Meacham

8 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

don't think so, As In the tutorial from Allyway jack - It says "some npcs become Re- changeable as you progress thru the game"

leads me to think you can play and win agasnt the same NPC atleast 3 times thru out the game,  FFIX isn't very big in hind sight, Sure you can play Vs almost anyone. but I really dont think there's 100 Interactable Npcs that play Terramaser 

read before that supposedely there's like 106 people to challenege on disc 4, but not sure

Just now, Meacham said:

Just challenge absolutely everyone.. If you lose, go to the title screen and the press continue it'll start you at the screen entrance.

There are a few missable locations you can challenge people. Like Daguerreo and the invisible dudes in Memoria. The chocobos and fat chocobo in the paradise.

When it says NPC being re-challengable I'm guessing that's after a major event. Some cities change a little bit after certain events and if I had to guess it could be then is the best time to challenge people.

I eventually got mine in Daguerreo as you can basically challenge everyone in there.

I would do that, but waited till disc 4 to start (wanted the better cards to make it less stressing). I did beat the phantoms in memoria and the chocobos in paradise so far. 

3 minutes ago, Dbarr74 said:

I would do that, but waited till disc 4 to start (wanted the better cards to make it less stressing). I did beat the phantoms in memoria and the chocobos in paradise so far. 

I'm not sure on the odds of finishing it then if that's the case, you're better off flying to absolutely everywhere and talking to everyone. If there is that amount of people to fight from scratch on disc 4 then that's great.

Have you done the choco digging for Odin card etc? They're pretty OP cards.

1 minute ago, Meacham said:

I'm not sure on the odds of finishing it then if that's the case, you're better off flying to absolutely everywhere and talking to everyone. If there is that amount of people to fight from scratch on disc 4 then that's great.

Have you done the choco digging for Odin card etc? They're pretty OP cards.

Yea, i got 1 or 2 Odins, plus some of the really good ones from the phantoms as well. Currently trying to get the clean bill of health now, was probably a bad idea to go for it after leveling, my guys will not get infected by zombie AT ALL. And Doom has as bad chance of sticking as well. 

dam, 106 people to challenge in Disk 4, That is rather surprising, - My Brain doesn't remember having that many to challange in the entire "orginal" Game, maybe they changed it up a little for the PS4/ PC port ~ 

once i start 2nd playthru, think ill just challenge every one as i go along - As you can find a fair amount of cards as VIVI At the start of the game. and i personally am not a fan of back tracking Lol - Trying to do the <12hours to get Excalibur 2 (didnt even know about this weapon, As my PS1 copy of the game froze 100% back in the day when going thru the boss Challange when entering the other world :( -- At 6 hours atm idk how far out i is)

Just now, Dbarr74 said:

Yea, i got 1 or 2 Odins, plus some of the really good ones from the phantoms as well. Currently trying to get the clean bill of health now, was probably a bad idea to go for it after leveling, my guys will not get infected by zombie AT ALL. And Doom has as bad chance of sticking as well. 

You'll be fine, my team was 99 when I attempted it. Just put your weakest equipment on. Zidane was my target, I just put dagger on and took all of his equipment off and ability buffs. Most of the status' can be self inflicted from black magic or white magic as for Zombie, I did the Whale Zombie, put Antibody on for protection against venom, Had two team mates kill each other and then sat and waited for Zombie. I think I Doom pretty early, there is a boss I can't quite remember who dishes it out a lot while I was trying to Steal from them.

Yeah with the cards to be fair, before I started digging I had a pretty average selection but it worked quite well. I used a Zahgnol, Ironite, 2 Zus and an Antlion.

44 minutes ago, Gamehelp said:

Yes, you have to challenge 100 unique players and beat them (presumably you can vs the same people as long as they're on different discs but it's unclear).
Apparently there's 115 people on disc 4 you can vs, I just got this trophy yesterday I couldn't find a hell of a lot (I found about an extra 80 on disc 4).

I wasn't too sure if it actually was unique players or not so I just fought the same guy over and over, and I can confirm this was not a good decision and I just ended up wasting my time, so do not make the same mistake as me.  :P

The locations I found that were decent for opponents were the following: (ordered from quantity of opponents)
Treno (25+ opponents)
Alexandria
Daguerreo
Lindblum
Memoria  (you can vs spirits in the corner of the walls - I think there's 5 you can vs here.)
Chocobo's Paradise (easy to beat)

I couldn't find any documentation of players on disc 4, I would advise to fight as many unique players as possible throughout the story if it's an option.
maybe in the near future there will be a 'location guide' which would be really helpful.

if you're stuck for good cards, you can vs the Grand Dragon: link
he can also be a huge help imo getting to level 99 (which can also be completed very early - before Burmecia)

goodluck anyway man I hope I was of some help.

yea, figured i'd run through the cities again. In Alexandria atm, but gettin pissed cause I keep gettin jacked by cards with worse power than mine >_>

To win basically every match, farm grand dragons and use their cards. Seriously, with them my ratio is something 200 wins - 10 losses.. yes it is 100 different people and, from what I've read you can farm the 100 completely on Disk 4 if needed.

On Disc 1 you can get ~24 wins with Vivi  in Alexandria. Simple straight forward battles, helps fill out your cards a bit and helps get you the best version of that card as all players there use roughly the same small pool of cards of 10-12. Going into Burmecia I had 46 wins. It is not an impossible early task, though running around Alexandria in the beginning ate up some time but I attempted the jumpin as well.....set a personal best of 5 in 4 hours (yes FIVE) so might not be getting those 2 trophies. Rest are cake walk because so many guides out there, not impossible to get.

If you challenge every opponent the moment you can, you'll get the 100 unique card opponents by the time you leave the BM Village on disc 2. Naturally as above posters said, you don't have to do that as Disc 4 has more than 100 opponents to face against, making this trophy unmissable :)

9 hours ago, Thebasshuffler09 said:

Hi everyone 1f600.png

So (for the Record) i can't challenge the same Guy over and over again?

The Achievement said that you have to Win 100 Games in total and it doesn't say "Win 100 Games against different opponents"

This is a bit confusing 1f605.png

This has been answered already... you have to win against different opponents.

• Like 1

On 6.10.2017 at 9:12 PM, marc_cp said:

This has been answered already... you have to win against different opponents.

Ah yea, sry didn't saw that ? Im new here...

Is it true that you can play against an opponent 3x Times Max?

Or only 1x Time and then you need to find another one?

Edit:

Damn, so i challenged everyone in Dali, Lindblum, Treno, Alexandria, Daguerro, Black Mages Home thingy, Chocobo's Paradise and Memoria.....

I haven't got the Trophy -,- Who the hell did i miss?!

I also fought Lani, still nothing :(

Edit 2: Got it! :D

I didn't knew that you can find People through that Gate where the Championship was at CD2 or 3....

Edited by Thebasshuffler09
inserted edit 1 & 2
  • Like 1

For those who don't know. If you lose a match, they will use your cards in the next match, and even sometimes at random after that as long as you don't exit their play menu that is. In other words, if you lose, you got one match to win back your cards. :) Less reloading! :)

The card game is a bit of luck, but there's some tactics involved if you know the rules and how the game works. Furthermore, the more you play, the stronger your cards tend to get. Also, common opponents may have some very strong and rare cards they use very rarely. I've seen some people try to put up lists of what NPCs may use the various cards, but the ones I've seen is highly incomplete. I think the only way to map this out would be looking at the source code.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On November 16, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Precision-Playyy said:

Well, the trophy is so badly worded its unbelievable. All it says is win 100 matches. Iv been playing the people in the treno arena for ages, got to 100 and no trophy so i kept going to about 120 then looked at this thread, im so annoyed right now., 

Not badly worded, though true it would be better if the word 'different' was there but if you read the sentence in the parenthesis then you get it is implied it has to be different.