how is this game

steel6burgh

On 2017. október 31. at 8:52 AM, steel6burgh said:

Is this game any good? How does the difficulty stack in comparison to other housemarque games such as resogun and nex machine?

Controls require some getting used to, but it's satisfying to pull off some stunts. It's a bit difficult, but not impossible.

I'm kind of sad that it didn't sell well and Housemarque is abandoning arcade games.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I loved it... after a while.

it takes much longer to ‘get it’ than their other games though - when I first picked it up, it felt clunky and slow, but after a while, it became one of my favourite of their games, right up there with Nex Machina.

Recommended, if you have the stamina not to discard based on first impressions!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I like it but it definitely has some flaws. Mainly dash directions. If only you could dash diagonally. 

Anyway, I’m looking for some tips for Master Difficulty. Although I haven’t tried it yet, but a one hit kill mode with revenge bullets and time pressure doesn’t sound like fun to me.

Best augmentations setup? Should I dash and speed pass enemies or try to kill them all? Or does that take too much time to get the speed bonus?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 1 year later...

Don’t bother with this one. Infuriating mechanics. Crap controls. Master difficulty is a crock of bullshit and will seriously test your patience. 

Nex Machina, Dead Nation, Resogun and the Super Stardust titles are much better Housemarque games.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Don’t bother with this one. Infuriating mechanics. Crap controls. Master difficulty is a crock of bullshit and will seriously test your patience. 

Nex Machina, Dead Nation, Resogun and the Super Stardust titles are much better Housemarque games.

Playing Returnal now love the game but The collectible stuff is bullshit in this one.  I tried matterfall on an alt didn't care for it too much. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It's an incredibly avarage game, it's very short and the platforming  doesn't fit with the bullet hell aspect very well, Master difficulty is just  a lazy difficulty setting that only makes the game more annoying insthead of creating a fun challenge.

I'd suggest to avoid the game entirely.