ChristianHenares

Not possible to buy a Subscription Membership for NOT-US account. Help please.

22 posts in this topic

This is a resume.


I've been posting on the Official DC Universe Online forums about this. I already got the PS3 (global) and PS4 (European) version. I want to get the Platinum Trophy for the US VERSION (American). Now, the problem is, if I try to go to the STORE (Not PSN Store, but DCUO store) the game Crashes on PS4 and a message appear:

"There's nothing to sale yet or had been removed"

(something like that)

I have to restart every time.



If I go to the PS3 version, I can acces the DCUO Store, but it sends me to the Original Playstation Store and there's no Item to buy at all.


aL7ghSH.jpg




This is the Thread I create some days ago:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/all-tests-done-i-need-a-redeem-claim-of-1-month-membership-please-read.292520/#post-4059284




I tried to use my European membership on my American account and it didn't worked. My membership it's still legit until day 24 or so of this month, which I was able to get Platinum trophies for PS3 and PS4. So, I think probably if I buy a Membership for my AMERICAN account, it won't work neither on my European account (this one, my official account ChristianHenares).


On my European account I cannot buy anything, not on PS3 nor PS4, so, How i'm supossed to buy a membership? I read on this forum that if you buy 6$ on content you will become a VIP and trophies will unlocked, but how the heck I can do that if there is no ITEM to sell in the store on PS3 and on PS4 everytime the game crashes?.

P.S.: I tried to go the Store on PS4 EUROPEAN VERSION but using my American Account, and same happen, the game crashes, so I think every other version will collapse too when you try to open the store in another region.

Thank you very much.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, different countries have different stores, and your account is tied to a country. The USA subscription is not available for EU players. I got no idea if it works, but maybe if a second local account got the subscription, you can do it on your main account on the same console. As I said, no idea if it works, but that's your best bet, but probably doesn't work.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

u would need to make a us acc to use the subscription with ur main acc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, different countries have different stores, and your account is tied to a country. The USA subscription is not available for EU players. I got no idea if it works, but maybe if a second local account got the subscription, you can do it on your main account on the same console. As I said, no idea if it works, but that's your best bet, but probably doesn't work.



I tried to do that but backwars, I mean:

With an EUROPEAN GAME AND EUROPEAN SUBSCRIPTION PAID I played with my American account and try to achieve the two quickly trophies (Race Platinum and reach level 10) and it didn't work. So I assume that it won't works for my European account paying my American Subscription.

 

 

15 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

u would need to make a us acc to use the subscription with ur main acc.



I think you're confused. In order to play the PS4 AMERICAN VERSION I needed to create an US account (which I have) and then access the Playstation Store and download de DC UNIVERSE ONLINE.

Right now on my PS4 there are 2 videogames: DC Universe Online (American) and DC Universe Online (European). Curioslly the European version is 44GB and the American version is 38GB. Don't know why.

I have see people from Brazil, Canada, Argentina and Mexico who have trophies on this version. I think probably when they access to the american Store via DC UNIVERSE ONLINE they have available some items to buy, for example, the 1 month membership subscription. I assume, but don't know for sure. I already send a lot of messages to all this people asking HOW they did it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't really matter if I got it the wrong way around. My point still stands, and I hope you got it! :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Doesn't really matter if I got it the wrong way around. My point still stands, and I hope you got it! :) 


I have only 1 Playstation 4 and 1 Playstation 3 and I tried to do exactly what you're saying, but backwards. I haven't tried to buy an american Subscription because probably it won't work too. So...if I want to spend 13$ for nothing, I prefer to be sure if it works.

Backwards doesn't works, which is dissapointing, so probably, VERY PROBABLY it will not work the way I want it to work =(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChristianHenares said:


I have only 1 Playstation 4 and 1 Playstation 3 and I tried to do exactly what you're saying, but backwards. I haven't tried to buy an american Subscription because probably it won't work too. So...if I want to spend 13$ for nothing, I prefer to be sure if it works.

Backwards doesn't works, which is dissapointing, so probably, VERY PROBABLY it will not work the way I want it to work =(

 

Yeah, that's just how it is then. You can't play digital-only Vita games not released in your account's country store either. Sucks, I know. There are some specific Asian country MMORGPs as well that's only playable for accounts from that country due to subscription.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't entirely understand which system you're talking about. But if you're trying to find the PS3 version on the stre, it's been shut down, which is why it isn't appearing on the store.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I don't entirely understand which system you're talking about. But if you're trying to find the PS3 version on the stre, it's been shut down, which is why it isn't appearing on the store.



No. It's not shut down. It will be shut down 31 January 2018 for PS3 Worldwide.

 

 

31 minutes ago, MMDE said:

 

Yeah, that's just how it is then. You can't play digital-only Vita games not released in your account's country store either. Sucks, I know. There are some specific Asian country MMORGPs as well that's only playable for accounts from that country due to subscription.


Exactly, it's the same way of VITA videogames and some other videogames and regions and countries. Forbidden in some countries and we cannot play them. Too bad, it's a shame

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Brazil and I can access the NA version with no problems cause Brazil's gaming region is R1, which means it is not exactly a NA version: it is an American Version (including South most of the times). However, I was interested in doing EU version (same problem as you, however our regions of interest are swapped), it is simply not possible because a subscription is a service, not a product. If it was a simple product, you could simply access in your download list, download it and it would work for all accounts linked in same console (that's what we do with multi-region games anyway). Subscriptions are services linked exclusively to the account who purchased it, so that's why you simply can't get trophies from the US version in your EU account. There's no way for the game to recognize your subscription as active in another account and also, it won't allow you to purchase a different region service from your main account.

I know, that's disappointing, would be awesome to get all 3 plats, but that's how the PS Store works.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2017 at 5:27 AM, EdinhoN said:

I'm in Brazil and I can access the NA version with no problems cause Brazil's gaming region is R1, which means it is not exactly a NA version: it is an American Version (including South most of the times). However, I was interested in doing EU version (same problem as you, however our regions of interest are swapped), it is simply not possible because a subscription is a service, not a product. If it was a simple product, you could simply access in your download list, download it and it would work for all accounts linked in same console (that's what we do with multi-region games anyway). Subscriptions are services linked exclusively to the account who purchased it, so that's why you simply can't get trophies from the US version in your EU account. There's no way for the game to recognize your subscription as active in another account and also, it won't allow you to purchase a different region service from your main account.

I know, that's disappointing, would be awesome to get all 3 plats, but that's how the PS Store works.


Thanks pal. Exactly, it's not possible for you to do EU VERSION as it's not possible for me to do AMERICAN VERSION. That's a shame.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot stack the games due to different currency. It needs to be from your main account and you cannot pay NA version with EU currency. Same for EU cannot be paid with NA currency. This will never change and subscriptions are only tie to your PSN. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

Does anyone explain this to me: https://psnprofiles.com/PViddy?search=DC Universe Online ?

 

There's some weird thing you do in game on the opposite region version, where you trigger the achievements in game by rebuying the rewards or something from the menu. I had it explained to me by another friend who did the game and he recorded a video of him doing it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US and EU accounts are linked with the feats (trophies) your character does NOT! if you have replay badges to unlock feats on your account for me its EU I also have them on the US account because like I said they are linked. now the only problem we have you will need to have SUBSCRIPTION to unlock the trophies. And I can tell it's NOT possible to buy a subscription, the only way it was possible for them, there was a free subscription week on the EU server, and because it was free they could just hop on the game and unlock every trophy they wanted with the replay badges the still had from the NA server. (note I have no idea if there was a free sub for the NA server because nobody did it) here is the link where they said it, it was free https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-anniversary-gifts-2018. now, the only possible way to do this, Is wait for a free sub week, but it's really RARE.

I already asked them on twitter if they had any plans for a next upcoming FREE subscription, they replied with (nothing we can share at the moment...)

 

hope this says enough^^ let the waiting game begin 😄🏆

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/2/2018 at 6:32 AM, Gage said:

 

There's some weird thing you do in game on the opposite region version, where you trigger the achievements in game by rebuying the rewards or something from the menu. I had it explained to me by another friend who did the game and he recorded a video of him doing it. 

Its not that. This game on the US VERSION was FREE for PS PLUS members for 1 weekend, and if you had 6 characters with all lvl 30 and stuff, you get the Platinum trophy no matter your region account.

I've speak and tweet and post on the official forum trying to buy a US suscription and it can't be done, that's what they told me. I just wanted a CODE or something, no matter how much it cost, but it doesnt work and they said it's impossible.

The only possible thing, waiting for FREE MEMBERSHIP WEEKEND again, and of course we must make all trophies BEFORE it.

And then, just connecting with every single character we have, it should pop up all trophies. Just like PS3 to PS4 version.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that is how I managed to get my EU PS4 plat even though i'm US... it was a free subscription month for the EU but NA did not have the same available, hence why a select few of us from the US managed to get the EU plat and no EU members got the US. I told a few of my EU buddies about it and told them to try but they couldn't do it unfortunately. Only like 6 or 7 of us I think got the EU plat or 100% bc I figured it out a cpl days before the free month for EU was over. The video Gage is referring to is a friend of ours that really wanted the triple stack but had kept being told he couldnt do it bc he couldnt buy an EU sub. Once I realized that our EU accts had 6 characters available and our replay badges were SHARED, he was ecstatic lol. Thankfully I figured it out with enough time to grab the 100%. I think I got my final feat trophy the day the free month ended lol. It's very rare that they do free months and when they do its only EU. Ive never heard of the NA region to get a free month before, so that was really generous of them to do that for the EU. Your best bet is just check periodically and see if you have 6 character slots available on the US version. If you see that you do, you will need roughly 300 replay badges iirc to get all the feats for 100%. So buy 2 of the 150 badges on your EU acct and they will be visible on the NA stack.

Edited by PViddy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/6/2018 at 7:25 PM, PViddy said:

If you see that you do, you will need roughly 300 replay badges iirc to get all the feats for 100%. So buy 2 of the 150 badges on your EU acct and they will be visible on the NA stack.


Wait, I didn't get this.

I have 6 characters available right now on my US, I've been farming a couple of days now, I'm lvl 12-19 in 4 characters. I need to get LVL30 and RACE PLATINUM and stuff in order to get the trophy.

But trophies right now doesn't pop up, they are block. I have to wait to NA get a free weekend or something in order to get 1 or every trophy.


On PS3 and PS4 EU version I have my 6 characters fully lvl 30 and I'm done with the game. I erased the PS4 EU VERSION and I download the NA PS4 VERSION and I don't have the same characters. So, I have to farm and train them one by one.

Am I doing something wrong?.

Thank you for your experience.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 4:09 PM, ChristianHenares said:


Wait, I didn't get this.

I have 6 characters available right now on my US, I've been farming a couple of days now, I'm lvl 12-19 in 4 characters. I need to get LVL30 and RACE PLATINUM and stuff in order to get the trophy.

But trophies right now doesn't pop up, they are block. I have to wait to NA get a free weekend or something in order to get 1 or every trophy.


On PS3 and PS4 EU version I have my 6 characters fully lvl 30 and I'm done with the game. I erased the PS4 EU VERSION and I download the NA PS4 VERSION and I don't have the same characters. So, I have to farm and train them one by one.

Am I doing something wrong?.

Thank you for your experience.

 

On PS4 US your characters DO NOT TRANSFER... you just have to recreate the right type of each character and go into your FEATS... if you have the replay badges then you can auto unlock the trophies for each of the specific characters tied to the platinum. Then you have to win a race with a platinum medal bc that one does not have a feat associated with it. All the other feats can be unlocked based on whether you are hero or villian. But the trophies wont pop unless you have a subscription as you CANNOT spend replay badges unless you have subscription... You are wasting time ranking up your characters bc spending replay badges on the feats for each lvl 30 character gives you the trophy associated to it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PViddy said:

On PS4 US your characters DO NOT TRANSFER...


I know, that's why I'm doing all over again.

When I was on PS3 and went to PS4 EU all my characters were there, including my feats.

 

18 hours ago, PViddy said:

Then you have to win a race with a platinum medal bc that one does not have a feat associated with it. All the other feats can be unlocked based on whether you are hero or villian. But the trophies wont pop unless you have a subscription as you CANNOT spend replay badges unless you have subscription... You are wasting time ranking up your characters bc spending replay badges on the feats for each lvl 30 character gives you the trophy associated to it.

 

I have to check if I have the feats. If you say so then probably I will just need to creat 2 more characters. The Platinum Race I already did it.

And then like you said, I just need to wait.

I just created a new character and there are 0 feats, so, I have to get to lvl 30 again all over, like I said.

 

Edited by ChristianHenares
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChristianHenares said:


I know, that's why I'm doing all over again.

When I was on PS3 and went to PS4 EU all my characters were there, including my feats.

 

 

I have to check if I have the feats. If you say so then probably I will just need to creat 2 more characters. The Platinum Race I already did it.

And then like you said, I just need to wait.

I just created a new character and there are 0 feats, so, I have to get to lvl 30 again all over, like I said.

 

 

Listen to me... When I say I did NOT rank my characters to 30 I DID NOT RANK MY CHARACTERS TO 30.... You arent seeing the feats completed bc YOU DO NOT HAVE A PAID SUBSCRIPTION. Once you do YOU WILL SEE THE FEATS IN THE PROPER SECTION. Try to understand you are only wasting your time by leveling up your characters.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PViddy said:

 

Listen to me... When I say I did NOT rank my characters to 30 I DID NOT RANK MY CHARACTERS TO 30.... You arent seeing the feats completed bc YOU DO NOT HAVE A PAID SUBSCRIPTION. Once you do YOU WILL SEE THE FEATS IN THE PROPER SECTION. Try to understand you are only wasting your time by leveling up your characters.

 

Oooh now I get it. Of course I was leveling because I see 0 feats.

Thank you for the information.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.