The Aussie Summer Trophy Shootout - Winner Readytofuky

56 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Oh but it is...... sure, you might feel a bit of shame and self loathing at the time...... but you know that you will do it again 1f608.png

Lol, shame and self loathing....... the truth is we are like trophy dealers just waiting for the addicts to come beg at our feet ........ and believe they always come ........ eventually 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2017 at 8:49 PM, CjShai said:

Marriage is truly grand huh.

Would rather focus on the PS1 version first. ?

Who's married? I feel sorry for them! :P

On 12/21/2017 at 9:23 PM, damage_6-9 said:

Going to try to knock over a couple of milestones (for me anyway) tomorrow- lvl 35 and 8,000 trophies  then that will probably be it for me this year, as have rels coming up for xmas arriving on Saturday. ..... apparently it's anti social to play videogames when visitors are staying, lol

Whoever said that doesn't know what they're talking about, watching people play games is a very social activity. It can be likened to sitting around and watching sport with a group of people.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:04 PM, damage_6-9 said:

Suppose I should take a crack at the Wipeout mp with you.

Unfortunately next year, server closures for vita and ps3 games will probably escalate to avalanche proportions. :(

Sounds good mate! I'll let you know when I start it. Yeah I'm getting the feeling that this is the beginning of the end for PS3 and Vita servers :(

On 12/22/2017 at 0:23 AM, MattyH16 said:

Count me in. I also have the 2 expansions, I can't remember if they have online trophies but yes I'm interested in getting this done.

Good to have you on board as well mate! I'll let you know when I start it too. From what I've read, the server closure is only limited to 7 trophies in the main game and the 2 DLC sets should be fine.

• Like 1

Last couple of days I've been going at the blistering pace of 1 trophy a day. In theory I could earn something tomorrow but activities will revolve around hedonism so there's a strong doubt. I'm at country rank 201 right now & it'll be sad to leave the 200's behind. I liked that placement. It symbolised enthusiasm without trying too hard. My sound engineering que has grown smaller so if anyone has some poorly recorded home-made music sitting around, maybe think about sending it to me for treatment. 4-track tapes & single mic recordings are no issue. Rates are very reasonable & we can even work out a trade if you have some Vita titles I need ?

All the best to everyone, hope you have a great one tomorrow & let's spare a thought for those less emotionally fortunate.

LzopBqM.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, readytofuky said:

Last couple of days I've been going at the blistering pace of 1 trophy a day. In theory I could earn something tomorrow but activities will revolve around hedonism so there's a strong doubt. I'm at country rank 201 right now & it'll be sad to leave the 200's behind. I liked that placement. It symbolised enthusiasm without trying too hard. My sound engineering que has grown smaller so if anyone has some poorly recorded home-made music sitting around, maybe think about sending it to me for treatment. 4-track tapes & single mic recordings are no issue. Rates are very reasonable & we can even work out a trade if you have some Vita titles I need 1f911.png

Congrats man sounds like you have had a great trophy year. Good to see you pushing into the 100's, no doubt we will see you in the double figures in no time. I like your analogy enthusiasm without trying, to be honest it's much like that well into the top 50. 

What type of work do you do / are you a Pro sound engineer or just enjoy doing it. A lot of my music could be described as poorly written ?, but luckily I have learnt how to mainupulate Protools and East/West VI's to make me sound from more creative than I am. The idea of paying in VNs could be appealing though, especially if you do score entry. ?

Have a great christmas everyone, hope you have a wonderful day whatever you have planned and do at least one thing to excess. 

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 2

On 24/12/2017 at 0:46 PM, CjShai said:

Congrats man sounds like you have had a great trophy year. Good to see you pushing into the 100's, no doubt we will see you in the double figures in no time. I like your analogy enthusiasm without trying, to be honest it's much like that well into the top 50. 

What type of work do you do / are you a Pro sound engineer or just enjoy doing it. A lot of my music could be described as poorly written 1f61c.png, but luckily I have learnt how to mainupulate Protools and East/West VI's to make me sound from more creative than I am. The idea of paying in VNs could be appealing though, especially if you do score entry. 1f600.png

Have a great christmas everyone, hope you have a wonderful day whatever you have planned and do at least one thing to excess. 

Cheers, I'm at rank 199 now so it's actually happened. It's funny the first time I saw your list I thought 'damn if I just played more of the games lying around here I could rank up pretty well'. I reckon I picked up enough titles in the sale to rank up quick but I picked up one full priced title 'ace of seafood' & I'll be damned if I want to play anything else after trying it, got half the damn reef occupied yesterday. Kept failing certain tough sections and quitting then feeling a need to go back just minutes later. I think I've got it all sussed out now though.

I have to work on my fleet a bit more but once I get it really strong if you're up for having a go at online co-op I'm happy to give that a shot, I bet it's possible to progress really fast this way.

Far as the sound engineering goes I've been doing it for a long time, taught myself & made a lot of mistakes along the way, always used my own music to experiment on & one day I just knew what I was doing. I would trade bands for rare/unreleased stuff & when it was really raw/lofi I'd fix it up for personal use but also send them back those versions just to say 'hey check this out' & somehow between doing that & putting out one of my own releases that had a pretty strong sound I started doing work for other bands. It's pretty small scale but that's the sort of music I like, so while I was being a bit silly I have the means & can actually do that sort of work, I've done jobs throughout this trophy comp which may explain the sometimes impaired progress :)

I really like the fact you've actually got some original recorded music btw, I shouldn't be surprised I guess hah ?

Day job though... I walk around Brisbane CBD picking up ciggie butts, & when I have enough of them I go to my office under the Goodwill bridge & repackage the salvaged tobacco for export to Fortitude Valley. I used to source product at the leagues club but they got snobby ever since they expanded so I'm banned from there. The real money though is made at night. You know when you go to bed & as as soon as your head hits the pillow some ambient yet intrusive noise immediately starts up? That's me. My company can deploy bogans to your area within minutes and ensure no one within that area gets a good night's sleep. If you ever fall on hard times I can hook you up with a job, just gotta front up, show me you can smash glass & ya should be good to go. Linguistic abilities in the field of QLD colloquial are greatly valued as well. Furthermore if you have a motorbike license I can offer up some of the higher paying shifts.

Taxable income... I dunno maybe I'll tell you one day. It's not as interesting as I'd like it to be ;p

Edited by readytofuky
  • Like 3

On 26/12/2017 at 0:23 PM, simpgraus said:

9MDwiVk.png

The Wild card team has a lead of 2400 points..

Nice one, the run War is on at the moment is crazy good. I reckon they are even going to make a top 30 player out of you "Skipper Simp", your bringing VNs to the the table even I have never heard of. 

9 hours ago, readytofuky said:

Day job though... I walk around Brisbane CBD picking up ciggie butts, & when I have enough of them I go to my office under the Goodwill bridge & repackage the salvaged tobacco for export to Fortitude Valley. I used to source product at the leagues club but they got snobby ever since they expanded so I'm banned from there. The real money though is made at night. You know when you go to bed & as as soon as your head hits the pillow some ambient yet intrusive noise immediately starts up? That's me. My company can deploy bogans to your area within minutes and ensure no one within that area gets a good night's sleep. If you ever fall on hard times I can hook you up with a job, just gotta front up, show me you can smash glass & ya should be good to go. Linguistic abilities in the field of QLD colloquial are greatly valued as well. Furthermore if you have a motorbike license I can offer up some of the higher paying shifts.

Absolutely fantastic ? ?, A Queenslander embracing his inner bogan. And with a sense of black humour. To think they said repartee was dead north of the border. How do you survive in that backwards land. 

I have a gaming tip to add to add to your growing list. 4 Goddess Online, it's an MMO lite (extremely lite) but makes shameless fun of SAO and FF. Mandatory anime nudity included. Quite worth a look for the laugh.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

Absolutely fantastic 1f44f.png1f44f.png, A Queenslander embracing his inner bogan. And with a sense of black humour. To think they said repartee was dead north of the border. How do you survive in that backwards land. 

Bet he drinks a lot, only way to stand living in QLD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dessane said:

Yo, as my resident experts on VNs how is Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness? It is coming to plus next month apparently. Its not like horror or anything aye? I'm a massive wuss

The best thing is that it has an English list so it’s safe to play it lol. 

It’s not a horror. From what I could tell between all the skipping it’s about an AI that tries to force everyone to be happy. It’s not particularly short though but the walkthrough is spot on. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

It’s not a horror. From what I could tell between all the skipping it’s about an AI that tries to force everyone to be happy. It’s not particularly short though but the walkthrough is spot on. 

Interesting, I haven’t played it yet but pretty sure there are multiple stacks. 

Are there any octopi moments ?

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

Sweet as, I might have to check it out, cheers