The Aussie Summer Trophy Shootout - Winner Readytofuky

1 minute ago, CjShai said:

You are very close, although that Wheels of Aurelia game is not the answer......

Yes true not sure why I'm putting myself through the pain again. Bought both that and Jazzpunk off the US store to double stack them and forgot how annoying this one was.

I still have a fair few Art Mundi games though so might try and run through them the next few days before going back to work. The question is wether I'll be too lazy to do that or not.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Yes true not sure why I'm putting myself through the pain again. Bought both that and Jazzpunk off the US store to double stack them and forgot how annoying this one was.

I still have a fair few Art Mundi games though so might try and run through them the next few days before going back to work. The question is wether I'll be too lazy to do that or not.

Jazzpunk is quite good. Yeah Aurelia is a shocker. That twin robots game is not bad either, and 36 fragments is out now on AU store for PS4 for $4. 

• Like 1

Just now, CjShai said:

Jazzpunk is quite good. Yeah Aurelia is a shocker. That twin robots game is not bad either, and 36 fragments is out now on AU store for PS4 for $4. 

Yeah didn't mind Jazzpunk first time around. Just saw someone mention 36 Fragments, might go grab it; surprised you know about it considering it only has Gold trophies.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Same here..... as well as quite a few telltale games :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

Ahh so you were a Microsoft man before. Have you suddenly become more present on the forums with this event. I don't think I ever saw your name before, which was definitely my loss. I assume PS is now your primary console. Do you still return to Xbox at all ?

I mistook limited run sorry. Some of those added extras are hilarious. I am surprised there was no Galgun and the panties, I wonder what happened to them all when EB pulled all the game 20 mins after having it on the shelf. 

If you do end up getting a copy of Horse walking sim I will buy it off you when you are done, ( or if you can't imagine a world where you could be without it we might be able to figure out something else )

I would say my first bias was for Sega, I started with Commodore 64, Arcade, 286, 486 PC & Sega Master System, Moved on to Mega Drive, then PS1, then Dreamcast which I kept playing long after it allegedly 'died'. I reluctantly got a ps2 & modded it, imported heaps of amazing titles & I think that system was amazing in spite of what that was. Anyway I was really hyped for the ps3 to follow on from the ps2 but what ended up happening was that I had to get a PS3, Japanese X360, Softmodded-Wii, DS/DSI LL & PSP just to come close to the variety that the ps2 library offered. This gen I only have PS4, Vita & Wii U so far. I ended up filling in the blanks with the old Nintendo consoles around the ps2 era so those are all around. I actually still have a backlog for my Master System.

Oh I really didn't want a 360. At all! Only got it for shmups & I never purchased gold the whole time. I only do ps plus for those free games I don't play. I would love to go back to 360 more but it's so depressing doing so because I lost all my saves. I replaced the hard drive but it's just not the same. I have every single Shmup for the system though so eventually I'm going to feel like playing those. Best thing I ever did on 360 was 1000/1000 on the Japanese version of Bayonetta during the small window before it came out in the west. Shame it's not on my ps profile but that version is really poor so it's no great loss.

With Galgun 2 I didn't want to buy that either because I have the first game on the 360 & ps3 & it's really not very good. I only got double peace because it was banned & I won't stand for shit like that. Ended up being just about my favourite game that year, popped the platinum for the 5000th trophy & whenever I have to do a hard shooting section in a game these days my mantra is "come on this is actually fun, I can do this, I'm the F'KN True GalGun Double Peace Master!".

Didn't mention the Persona 4 DAN I'll check that out, dunno about a 3rd stack. I really want Persona 3 DAN though, loved the music in that one. When I was doing my english stack of  P4DAN this week I thought of dessane dilligently working through a real Persona game during a trophy comp & I can't help but have a quiet respect for that.

If I can get Ostwind for a good price I'll consider picking up a second copy or something, that would be a keeper for the collection because of the exclusivity. It could be the mellow 'with animals/nature' experience I often crave in a game, could be total shit but I want to take a punt on it.

I signed up because this was the only place I saw with people who had done Skylight Freerange 1 & 2 and I wanted to ask them if they had any good tips. They did & it helped me a lot, I worked out a lot on my own as well but even if I had never posted anything else I'd be glad I signed up. Something in me just had to go deep into those games, I knew from the moment I saw a trailer for the 2nd game that came out first. Since then I've posted plenty of photos of my shitty consumerism, occasional rhetoric using tons of energy to try & stay polite, I might have raised some awareness about Japanese games sub forums & the system we have for that here. Finally I thought I'd see what the other Australians are like & how they play, I'm interested to know.

One last thing I can't believe you fellas hating on wheels. If you have any other titles you can suggest to me that have what could only be considered a 'good abortion' ending I would like to know. Don't mention Biko please I already know about that one.

Sorry for the text wall I've had a few, this is why I try to keep posts to the morning.

• Like 2

Just finished up the Plat for Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Bloody good game, visually brilliant with amazing sound design (wear headphones) I reckon 15 hours or so of game time and used a guide for collectibles as some are pretty miss able. Worth checking out if you haven't

• Like 4

10 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I signed up because this was the only place I saw with people who had done Skylight Freerange 1 & 2 and I wanted to ask them if they had any good tips. They did & it helped me a lot, I worked out a lot on my own as well but even if I had never posted anything else I'd be glad I signed up. Something in me just had to go deep into those games, I knew from the moment I saw a trailer for the 2nd game that came out first. Since then I've posted plenty of photos of my shitty consumerism, occasional rhetoric using tons of energy to try & stay polite, I might have raised some awareness about Japanese games sub forums & the system we have for that here. Finally I thought I'd see what the other Australians are like & how they play, I'm interested to know.

I had a feeling you were one of those Skylight Freerange champions. They seem to be everywhere these days. Perhaps the Night Trap port gave them confidence to resurface. I still think you could be doing more to spruik Japanese content. The definitive versions of both Albedo and Dying Reborn hail from the land of the rising sun. I think politeness is overrated, although I also believe it is mandatory to speak in Japanese accent whenever playing a JP game. Relevance none of course but it is important to clarify. I would be fascinated to hear your thoughts on Australian gamers they seem to be a carefree happy bunch. I have not kept up with local events for awhile but do we still consider Queenslanders part of Australia. Now there is a lovely accent. 

Ended up buying that 36 Fragments of Midnight game, proud to say I'm one of the Top 10 slowest people to finish it so far because I got pissed off and went to bed before finishing it.

they seem to be a carefree happy bunch. I have not kept up with local events for awhile but do we still consider Queenslanders part of Australia. Now there is a lovely accent. 

When you say "happy" you mean "sh!tfaced" yeah?

In my opinion anywhere outside of Victoria is an odd place full of munted units. To be honest if you don't follow AFL are you really Aussie? First time I heard a New South Welshman call it GayFL I almost flogged him but thought I better not because I didn't have the proper PPE on at the time.

• Like 3

I had a feeling you were one of those Skylight Freerange champions. They seem to be everywhere these days. Perhaps the Night Trap port gave them confidence to resurface. I still think you could be doing more to spruik Japanese content. The definitive versions of both Albedo and Dying Reborn hail from the land of the rising sun. I think politeness is overrated, although I also believe it is mandatory to speak in Japanese accent whenever playing a JP game. Relevance none of course but it is important to clarify. I would be fascinated to hear your thoughts on Australian gamers they seem to be a carefree happy bunch. I have not kept up with local events for awhile but do we still consider Queenslanders part of Australia. Now there is a lovely accent. 

I'm not sure I understand but are you saying you've seen another person claim to enjoy Skylight Freerange? It seriously made my top 10 last year, I can't think of another fully functioning RPG with an open world and unique combat system that was only made by one person. It's a rare insight, reminds me of the old PC days with shareware and all the rest. I always see it in the worst of lists but since there are a whopping 4-5 of us with that platinum I assume those people never made it far enough to see their dealer/what's good about the games.

I will never be done with Japanese stuff btw. Huge lot to get through, no english text in sight.

Aus gamers, so far I can't see much of a discernable pattern, I've seen many different approaches. In general there does seem to be a kind of laid back approach which is something I'd expect. The other night I was looking at leaderboards for something and spotted another Aussie with a list heaps like mine, I think I liked every game that person had played, it blew my mind. I'm pretty apathetic about these things but one day I want to msg that bloke and ask about boosting certain things. So far plenty of surprises, some quite nice.

Funny thing about Night Trap, I want to get that for my next platinum (#125) because it has '25' in the trophy description but I'm honestly dreading the grind. Also last time I put it on I heard a groan followed by "do we have to, I lived through this shit". Skylight Freerange also put a strain on the relationship, she hated the music but I was enjoying the minimalism & thinking how some of it would sound great with a remix & I should do it & ask the bloke if I could do a small run of cassette OST's. It was funny to see you mention those two in the same sentence given how they relate to me collectively.

I saw on the weather this morning that QLD is 10+ degrees cooler than down south so have fun burning today mate. I'm not even breaking a sweat so far. Apparently I have a 'country' accent. The person who told me knows because he lived in the 'country' before...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CjShai said:

Lol good to see I still have the slowest time locked down. 

AFL is the only true game. Now I may have a few "GayFL" DVDs if you are interested. The ball handling skills are exceptional 

Was trying to check your time and you haven't even finished them yet, are you holding out as long as possible?

That's just disgusting Cj... You don't even have the common courtesy to have them on Blu-ray? You NSWelshmen really are cavemen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CjShai said:

Oh you were serious. My, my.

I was being a little bit tongue in cheek if I really must be honest.

Not that I'm even a tiny bit offended but I think it might be an idea to keep in mind the way 'the country' perceives Qoinsland is roughly the same as the way international community perceives the entirety of Australia. I honestly don't believe for me personally, that living elsewhere would foster any less misanthropy.

Edited by readytofuky
Loose tooth, had to go.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spazza136 said:

In my opinion anywhere outside of Victoria is an odd place full of munted units. To be honest if you don't follow AFL are you really Aussie? First time I heard a New South Welshman call it GayFL I almost flogged him but thought I better not because I didn't have the proper PPE on at the time.

I hate AFL and am really Aussie, family came on a convict ship after all lol.

One day AFL will embrace it's true name of GayFL. Only a matter of time, I saw them flying the rainbow flag :P

57 minutes ago, Feral said:

I hate AFL and am really Aussie, family came on a convict ship after all lol.

One day AFL will embrace it's true name of GayFL. Only a matter of time, I saw them flying the rainbow flag :P

Convict Ships and Divvy Vans aren't the same thing mate, I see you've moved on from the alcohol and started sniffing paint out of plastic bags instead.

Yes we are a very progressive people down here, it is the 21st century after all; maybe it'll reach you blokes at some point.

42 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

In the NT all codes of footy are embraced equally by most people, aerial ping pong, thugby, bum sniffing and even wogball ..... each and every one is a perfect reason to sink copious amounts of piss and hang shit on the opposing supporters :)

Not sure if I should be offended or pleased. Surprised you have time up there to learn all the different codes with all the crocs hot on your tails 24/7. Either that or dying from dysentery outside a NT Pub at 3am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Convict Ships and Divvy Vans aren't the same thing mate, I see you've moved on from the alcohol and started sniffing paint out of plastic bags instead.

Yes we are a very progressive people down here, it is the 21st century after all; maybe it'll reach you blokes at some point.

Ha ha ha ha they aren't, well fuck. Don't knock it til you've tried it mate. Paint is nice and cheap too.

We're progressive enough to know that real footy is prancing about in little shorts and singlets. Besides we have the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras to show we don't have a problem with them at all.

9 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Ended up buying that 36 Fragments of Midnight game, proud to say I'm one of the Top 10 slowest people to finish it so far because I got pissed off and went to bed before finishing it.

i still haven't finished the vita version started that like a week ago.

51 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

i still haven't finished the vita version started that like a week ago.

I went and finished both EU versions today, pretty good game imo; easy enough for most people to finish but frustrating enough to keep it interesting. Will probably grab the NA copy too, too bad Vitas don’t allow you to sign into multiple accounts on them or else I’d go for the 4-peat.

• Like 1