Site suggestion: visually marking unobtainable trophies

8 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

I just wanted to bump this as to see if it got any sort of traction?

I'm sure this is definitely one of those things Sly will randomly decide to add functionality for one day as he works through site updates :P 

Might take a little while to add, but I'd say it's too useful a feature to ignore

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I'm sure this is definitely one of those things Sly will randomly decide to add functionality for one day as he works through site updates :P 

Might take a little while to add, but I'd say it's too useful a feature to ignore

Thanks man.  This would greatly help in decisions to play games if I saw something like this.

Good luck with that.

I made a similar topic maybe a Year ago and no answer.

I also talked about an option to add any game you haven’t started to a particular collection tab, but no answer either.

At least we could have a feedback from adm and/or mods to know if it’s something useful or crap idea.

• 2 years later...

I was on the unobtainable trophies thread and saw that it hasn't been updated since early 2019 and thought maybe a feature this site should introduce is something to show when looking at trophy lists with unobtainable trophies it shows it. Like the row the trophy is on is coloured red so it stands out and gives a reason as to why its unobtainable ie - reason - Servers Closed June 2020. Also it would also be a good idea when looking at game lists and a game shows with unobtainable trophies it should have a warning symbol on it so people know. This would help high completion accounts and also stops us relying on pinned forum posts where users aren't active anymore so its a QoL feature as well. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard or easy it would be to implement but it would be helpful.

3 hours ago, xABathingApe said:

I was on the unobtainable trophies thread and saw that it hasn't been updated since early 2019 and thought maybe a feature this site should introduce is something to show when looking at trophy lists with unobtainable trophies it shows it. Like the row the trophy is on is coloured red so it stands out and gives a reason as to why its unobtainable ie - reason - Servers Closed June 2020. Also it would also be a good idea when looking at game lists and a game shows with unobtainable trophies it should have a warning symbol on it so people know. This would help high completion accounts and also stops us relying on pinned forum posts where users aren't active anymore so its a QoL feature as well. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard or easy it would be to implement but it would be helpful.

I agree. PSNTL does it, so can PSNP. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xABathingApe said:

That's not a bad idea really. I'm not too bothered myself. If I physically can't obtain a trophy then there's nothing I can do so I'm not too fussed. It's a shame sometimes but it doesn't stop me playing something if I want to play it. I sometimes do that with games that you still can get trophies but I just simply don't want to get them for one reason or another.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

People did some good mock-ups of this beforehand as well as discussed it 

Yeah I saw that, just thought I would bring up the idea again just in case some of the bigger jobs for the site have been completed, it might be possible to add to the list. I mean its been a feature that has been wanted for years and with more and more games becoming unobtainable and especially since the pinned thread hasn't been updated in ages it makes sense to do it now before it become waaaaay too much