Platinum Rarity

Zach

Remember that's 22% rarity for PSNP users, who tend to smash trophies in Assassins Creed games as they aren't massively challenging.  No horrible multiplayer grind makes this easy for a trophy hunter.

The 2.7% rarity for general PSN users shows not as many people bother with the grind.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Willstown said:

Remember that's 22% rarity for PSNP users, who tend to smash trophies in Assassins Creed games as they aren't massively challenging.  No horrible multiplayer grind makes this easy for a trophy hunter.

The 2.7% rarity for general PSN users shows not as many people bother with the grind.

I haven't played the game yet (still waiting for a sale, want the gold editon), but grind on AC just for completing all locations? I won't bother with that, for what I've seen the game looks fun and challenging will be a plesure to visit and complete every location, at least for me. If you purchase the game because you want more trophies, so yes will be like a grind for you.

29 minutes ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

I haven't played the game yet (still waiting for a sale, want the gold editon), but grind on AC just for completing all locations? I won't bother with that, for what I've seen the game looks fun and challenging will be a plesure to visit and complete every location, at least for me. If you purchase the game because you want more trophies, so yes will be like a grind for you.

Don't get me wrong it's a great game and a return to form for the series.  But for non trophy hunters there isn't as compelling a reason to visit every site as there are a huge amount of locations that don't always add much to the story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Willstown said:

Don't get me wrong it's a great game and a return to form for the series.  But for non trophy hunters there isn't as compelling a reason to visit every site as there are a huge amount of locations that don't always add much to the story.

Agreed, some of it felt like filler or padding. Like they had this massive massive game-world and at some point struggled to fill bits of it out with repeat content - pretty content though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Willstown said:

you're right I haven't seen it from that perspective :D

On 12/18/2017 at 11:22 AM, Skadanton said:

Dunno, seems like a typical AC trophy list, so 22% on PSNP is exactly what you'd expect.

It's about half and half on the easy ones

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 6.15%

Assassin's Creed III - 5.81%

Assassin's Creed III Liberation - 8.56%

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)  - 9.57%

Assassin's Creed Unity - 12.49%

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - 4.22%

23 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I honestly didn't feel like it was a hard or grindy platinum, and the old habits trophy didn't bother me in the slighest, if anything that trophy is better than getting 100% synch in some of the older games.

Agreed! Easy game in my opinion, just a big open world.

AC3 is probably the hardest AC platinum to date.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zach said:

Agreed! Easy game in my opinion, just a big open world.

AC3 is probably the hardest AC platinum to date.

I've still got to go back and platinum AC3 but I'm seriously not looking forward to the MP trophies.. 

Only have AC3, Rouge, Liberty, and the 3 chronicles and I'd have every AC game platinum, jist have to get in the mood to grind them all out ?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 6:56 PM, sh4d0wzcs said:

I honestly didn't feel like it was a hard or grindy platinum, and the old habits trophy didn't bother me in the slighest, if anything that trophy is better than getting 100% synch in some of the older games.

Old Habits felt a bit grindy to me but I did enjoy most of it. I think the trophy list would have been better if it required all side quests instead of all locations. I left so many side quests unfinished since they weren't required for the plat.

7 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Old Habits felt a bit grindy to me but I did enjoy most of it. I think the trophy list would have been better if it required all side quests instead of all locations. I left so many side quests unfinished since they weren't required for the plat.

I think I left about 10 sidequests untouched before I stopped playing.

My platinum run was litterly to enjoy the game by completing every location as it becomes available before I progressed in the story, I got impatient when there was just 2-3 main quests left and just smashed the main story. I might go back and do them eventual,y just to say I did everything even though it doesn't count towards 100% completion.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 8:34 AM, PhantomBlade19 said:

If you're looking for a sale on the Gold Edition, now's the time to act. There's a sale going on in PSN now where you can get the Gold Edition for $67 (which includes the $40 Season Pass). Gold usually sells for $99.