Recommend VR Games?

AncLEoniX

I didn’t see a post for this, so if there already is one feel free to remove post. 

I just recently bought PSVR and am wondering what games people have played and enjoyed. So far I only have what’s free from PS+ and what’s free on PSN. Looking through the store shows a lot of what seem to be sub-par VR games. I already know stuff like Skyrim, Doom, and Batman I want to play. So tell me what else is good for PSVR (free or paid).

• Like 1

Star Wars Battlefront's VR mission was fantastic. 

DriveClub VR is one of the most fun racers I've ever played.

Otherwise I haven't got into mine as much as I would like to have, but those two are gems. SWBF VR is only about 15 minutes or so, but if you love Star Wars, you don't wanna miss it. Honest to Zeus gave me goosebumps.

I'd recommend PlayStation VR Worlds as it's pretty cheap to buy and is a great game that will literally make you say every five minutes 'oh my god' haha! Keep a bucket next to you when you play Scavengers Odyssey though! I'd also recommend Gran Turismo Sport as this is compatible for the VR and is a really great experience. Urm, if you haven't already The Playroom VR is a great one to play and definitely should be played, plus it's an easy plat. 

These are the only ones I've played so far so I can't recommend anymore based one that. But I hope your having fun with your VR and that you find some great games to play! :) 

17 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

Can the whole game be played in VR? I thought (from what I had read at least) certain tracks were playable with VR, but the majority of the game would have to be played normally.

Now that's a question :D I honestly don't know, I've only played a little bit of it and I wasn't really paying any attention to the different tracks and stuff like that as it was my first VR outing and I was just testing it out.

In my experience the most enjoyable VR games I’ve played are:

SuperHot VR

Job Simulator

Surgeon Simulator Experience Reality

Windlands

Carnival Games VR

I guess one thing you need to invest in is the move controllers if you haven’t already. 

Theres a few notable mentions within the games you yourself stated.. with Skyrim VR being one of my favourite VR experiences. However that game is very demanding on a standard PS4 and it can have pop-in and draw distance issues.

On a whole most of the little arcade games are usually the most fun. The games that some people avoid because they are moderately priced and have no platinum. 

If if you can find a demo that’s always a good bet, or if you can get a cheap rental service to try out games before you take the plunge..

Lastly since you are new to VR there’s the issue of motion sickness. I have been playing VR a while now and have never had issues with most games. However the only two that I literally couldn’t play were:

Robinson The Journey (which was the worst, I almost threw up after 15 minutes) 

Driveclub VR (I managed to play for about 25 mins before having to stop)

whilst these are just just my own experiences, it’s good to take note these two regularly pop up in posts as the worst games for VR/motion sickness

Edited by GizMo_The_Great

I agree with Job Simulator. That game was both fun and funny.

The Playroom VR is a lot of fun too, and it is free. Can't beat that.

Batman Arkham VR  (as you already mentioned) was also enjoyable, and if you are prone to motion sickness shouldn't be a problem because of the way they have you move.

I also have really enjoyed Werewolves Within. No moving around in that one, so another game that shouldn't cause motion sickness.

Enjoy your VR, and if you try something that isn't on the list, let us know!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moss - Short game but so much fun and a great looking game. No moving around in this one, so motion sickness wouldn't be a problem.

I Expect You To Die - Great puzzle game. No moving around in this one, either. The intro part is amazing.

Resident Evil 7 - Fantastic horror game, probably my favorite VR game so far. Lots of moving around in this one (especially, running)

On 25/01/2018 at 8:00 AM, AncLEoniX said:

I didn’t see a post for this, so if there already is one feel free to remove post. 

I just recently bought PSVR and am wondering what games people have played and enjoyed. So far I only have what’s free from PS+ and what’s free on PSN. Looking through the store shows a lot of what seem to be sub-par VR games. I already know stuff like Skyrim, Doom, and Batman I want to play. So tell me what else is good for PSVR (free or paid).

L9fd8f5.png

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League

I have played/plat'd many a VR title by now but none have given me as much pleasure as the exhiliration of running around in MANY diverse Avatar/Aliens esque mech' suits desperately attempting to destroy others and/or carrying a football to the other side of the map. Graphically awesome. Multiple game modes. Great online and offline co-op. Addictive career. Steep learning curve at first (i lost my first game 13-0 whilst trying my absolute hardest which has never happened before/since in any game) simply because it is disorientating having so much control over your mech' and learning to spin around and move at 100mph whilst strategizing and helping your team out. Take regular breaks!

It was free on PS+ back when VR was quite new. I am sure it will be priced affordably at around $20 in the PS Store. Some great suggestions here thus far so be sure to follow up & let us know what game(s) you jump into. ?

• Like 1

I'll rank my VR games from best to worst, considering nauseaness and playability:

1. Carnival Games VR (have some flaws, but not too major)
  2. The Playroom VR (it plays well, works best for children though)
  3. Tumble VR (overall a good game unless you easily get bored of it)
  4. Lethal VR (It's not bad, the biggest drawback is the length of it)
  5. Playstation VR Worlds (made a guide for it with @Maxie Mouse, it has a lot of details about everything)
  6. Sports Bar VR Hangout (You'll quickly get bored of it, and some controls are badly made)
  7. Driveclub VR (i don't see how you'll be able to play this for much more than half an hour, with the headset on)

I'm also planing on adding these 2 to my list, within the next months. Hopefully both are good.

1. MONSTERS OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV
  2. Pierhead Arcade

• 6 months later...