Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

11 hours ago, Kassandra said:

Have you played any of these yet?

Golf Story, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Fast RMX, The Messenger, Agatha Knife, Runner3, West Of Loathing, Bulb Boy, Picross S and Picross S 2, Snipperclips, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario Party.

Nope. I've only gotten Bayonetta so far, because I'm keeping my Switch backlog in check. I'm trying to play one game at a time. I'm getting another game on Friday, so there's no need to buy anything right now. Certainly no need to go out if my way to spend money and use all my points when I have plenty of other games to play in the meantime.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dessane said:

Over the weekend I ended up sitting down and finishing the grind of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. It is a pretty good game, i enjoyed it mostly but the grind required at the end is a nightmare. You have to max out Riku's level but you finish the story with him on the hardest dificulty at like level 40 so thats 59 levels of grinding. I ended up bingeing netflix while doing it.

Congrats on beating the grind in Chain of Memories...beating it 6 times plus that grind on Hard difficulty was just aggrevating

From the sound of things AC2 is slowly but surely getting done, are you playing on the PS3 or the PS4? I played on the PS3 and was wondering if the loading times and character models are any better on the PS4 :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

Congrats on beating the grind in Chain of Memories...beating it 6 times plus that grind on Hard difficulty was just aggrevating

From the sound of things AC2 is slowly but surely getting done, are you playing on the PS3 or the PS4? I played on the PS3 and was wondering if the loading times and character models are any better on the PS4 :)

Playing on the PS4 this time, I did the PS3 version back in the day but picked up the Ezio Collection a while back to play them again. The loading times on the Pro are very short, character models are a bit better but still not amazing

• Like 1

Making way through the campaign mode in Aven Colony which may grind to a halt now since one of the requests is to have your people at 95% happiness and they never seem to be happy. No matter what drugs I supply, they're never happy enough. Ungrateful sods.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Wow.

Guys, as you probably noticed I was barely online these last few months because I was in talks for a promotion at my job. So about the last 8 weeks I dedicated so much to work that there was not much room for anything else.

I just had a meeting with my boss who told me that, because of someone else's fault, they're not hiring young people for this position at the moment.

I will spare you the details but long story short they now have hired a 61 year old guy who is 8-12 months away from his retirement, so I might have a chance for the position after that time frame.

I don't know how clear this makes it out but I am beyond disappointed. I think I won't be here much for a while, I just don't feel like company at the moment. Sorry.

Have fun guys. And I hope there is something to comeback to and this don't dies down.

Again, sorry for the poor administration.

J

Boooo! Don't take it lying down! Scratch the boss's car, drop a turd on the old geezer's desk! CHAOS REIGNS!

Also:

Spoiler

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paleblood said:

I don't know how clear this makes it out but I am beyond disappointed. I think I won't be here much for a while, I just don't feel like company at the moment. Sorry.

Have fun guys. And I hope there is something to come back to and this don't dies down.

J

Something like that can really drag one down. I can totally understrand that now you have other things in mind than gaming.

@all: maybe somebody else can do the administration? Maybe just by copying the first entry and updating the participants list? It could be regualarily posted again. And when @Paleblood comes back, he just takes over again and send us our shiny coins? This event must not die! The last 3 month went perfect for me.

• Like 2

I agree with all the comments. I think we should just continue as is and give Paleblood the time to recover...I understand disappointment like that takes a bit for the sting to stop. But I believe that it would just add to it if this event simply ceased. Its been a bundle of fun for me and I really hope everyone stays and continues to post updates until the end of December when we can have a discussion on how to implement Year 2 :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Wow.

Guys, as you probably noticed I was barely online these last few months because I was in talks for a promotion at my job. So about the last 8 weeks I dedicated so much to work that there was not much room for anything else.

I just had a meeting with my boss who told me that, because of someone else's fault, they're not hiring young people for this position at the moment.

I will spare you the details but long story short they now have hired a 61 year old guy who is 8-12 months away from his retirement, so I might have a chance for the position after that time frame.

Have fun guys. And I hope there is something to come back to and this don't dies down.

J

Sorry to hear that J, been in your position and I know how much it sucks! Take all the time you need, We will still be here :)

As for this thread all I think we should just keep this thread going since we update our own lists anyway and this thread is a good spot for us all to continue and as all of you said we can have another look at the end of the year when Year 2 will be starting anyways :) 

• Like 2

So I got all those trophies but not in the order I expected. Everything was going fine until I went afk while I waited for the Sols/years to get to 50. Somewhere around Sol 34 my colony was hit by massive amounts of creep which destroyed several buildings while I was gone. I came back to a dying colony with no power, no water, full of disease and unhappy colonists. In my desperation to save this thing, I activated the Shielding Artifact, which popped Shielded, and even though it was the requirement for completing the chapter, it apparently doesn't count as complete if all your colonists are dying. I also got The Great Depression during this, which was fitting.

I had to reload an earlier save and babysit the thing, building loads of turrets and massive amounts of solar panels when I ran out of fuel. Made some progress toward Solar Tycoon though I guess lol

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Funny mate...

I am.glad that I sold my PS3. It would have made the list too long....

I've got the same but for X360. Fun fact: just today I was thinking, maybe I should rebuy one, my backlog on that would ensure I wouldn't have to buy new games for a year or two.

I have finished the story mode of my first backlog game. I finished Thief a few days ago, and I should finish everything that has to be done in the first playthrough tonight, leaving just two trophies which are for achieving a high score in challenge mode and beating the game with 700 custom difficulty points (I could have done this all in one playthrough which makes me mad, but oh well). The second playthrough should take 5 or 6 hours, maybe less, and the challenge mode should only take an hour or so, so I'm hoping to have the platinum by tomorrow. That all being said, I can't remember how the points were explained for games that require more than one playthrough for the platinum, so could someone explain? Regardless, I'm up to one point and should be at two by the weekend!

• Like 3

How do you like Thief? Can you recommend it? I have it on my backlog, too, but didn't even start it, yet.

Regarding the points system: in Pale mode you earned 1 point by finishing the story. By getting the platinum you get another 1/3 point. Regardless of how many playtroughs it takes.

In Trophy Hunter mode it is the other way around. 1/3 point for finishing the story + 1 point for the platinum.

Either way there is a maximum of 1 1/3 points per game. Some people have personal rules regarding DLC, though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moosbert said:

How do you like Thief? Can you recommend it? I have it on my backlog, too, but didn't even start it, yet.

Regarding the points system: in Pale mode you earned 1 point by finishing the story. By getting the platinum you get another 1/3 point. Regardless of how many playtroughs it takes.

In Trophy Hunter mode it is the other way around. 1/3 point for finishing the story + 1 point for the platinum.

Either way there is a maximum of 1 1/3 points per game. Some people have personal rules regarding DLC, though.

Thank you for clearing that up! Well I have 1 point for now, and hopefully I'll have another 1/3 point by the end of the weekend! So, I guess I'm doing Pale mode.

Thief.. this question.. it is a fun game, for what it is. I really mean that. It is by no means a great game, but it is a fun stealth game. The HARDEST part for me, is literally turning the game on and getting myself to play it. After I start playing, I'm having a good time and not really finding things too difficult. If you want to do it, I highly recommend trying to do it in one playthrough. Follow the videos of MFPatr1ck on YouTube, he did a 100% loot, master playthrough without kills/knockouts of any kind. If you follow his videos and the PowerPyx guide for secret areas, you could easily do the "700 custom difficulty points" and every other story mode trophy in one playthrough. Then you would just have the Challenge mode score, which PowerPyx also has a guide on, and that should only take you an hour or so of attempts, putting this platinum at about a 25ish hour earn time, which isn't bad for what is currently an ultra rare. 

• Like 3

Sucks about what happened to you at work @Paleblood. I understand that disappointment. Take as much time as you need to recover. Lots of us will keep the dream alive!

I finished up my playthrough of Kingdom Hearts. I was originally going to play through the entire series, but I'm just going to replay 2.8, and rewatch the 358/2 and Coded movies. I've played every other game in the series more than 10 times, with KHII more than 20. But I've only played 3D 3 times, and 0.2 twice. So I'm not going to spend all that time. I vividly remember what happens in all the other games, so there's no reason to use all that time.

In the meantime, I picked up The World Ends With You Final Remix today (which brings me down to 1 point). I'm a couple hours in already, and it's just as good as I remember on the DS. It's kind of a bummer not having both screens/gameplay styles, but even with just the touch screen, and new partner attacks, it's still really fun. And omg is it beautiful. I can't get over how good it looks and how good it sounds. I really like the remixed soundtrack. It's way higher quality than the original.

I'm most excited to get to the new stuff that I've never seen, like the stuff from Solo Remix and the new chapter for this version. I'm hoping it wraps up the story, or at least confirms a sequel. Either way, I can't wait to get there and to get everything in the game again. I still have my original copy, but I haven't been able to play it again since it initially released, thanks to each cart only having one save file. I could just never bring myself to delete my 300 hour file.

• Like 2

Hey guys, I took a while since my last update, basically after racing through plenty of games to get enough points to be able to buy what I wanted I took a break from gaming. But I'm back and got another game off the backlog:

L7a99f7.png

With the women in my life giving me a hard time at the moment it felt only right to play this game, after all what you do in this game is beat women up. (Only do this in games guys!) The game itself got pretty repetitive after a while, all missions are practically the same (you beat women up), and there are many missions like that. Once I got through that a little bit off collectable searching was needed to get the platinum but seeing I kept my eyes open through my first playthrough I didn't have that much left to do. All in all, a good game if you're angry and need to let of steam, but nothing special either.

This gets me back at 1 point :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paleblood said:

Ok guys, give me all the dirty numbers.

How much games has each of you finished? I will update the Top 10 accordingly.

Oh and if you cracked a milestone and earned a badge please tell me too, I'll send it to you asap.

J

Welcome back ?

I have completed 4 games so far, think I should get the first badge if I am not mistaken

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr