Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Well I'm fucking up a little bit. Haven't completed anything. But bought some new games..

Bought the huble bundle board game bundle, cause there are some pretty nice games in it.
Also bought Gran Turismo sport.

Still waiting for the coin for completing 1 game though.

Updated stats:

• Like 3

Finished the main story for Torchlight. I'm not going to bother for the 100%.

From what I hear Torchlight 2 improves a lot on Torchlight, but this is definitely a good ARPG if you want an alternative to Diablo to scratch that itch. There's not really much in the way of story, it's the gameplay that keeps it going but even then, the classes feel pretty restricted. There's not enough substance to the game to make you want to play through it more than once to try out the other classes or try out different builds. This is one of those games that's really good when it first releases, but is later overshadowed by it's successor and other names.

• Like 4

super-smash-bros-ultimatejpg-1.jpeg

Finished up adventure mode in Smash Ultimate. Words cannot describe how much fun this game is. The inclusion of spirits has finally made Smash stand strong as a single player game, instead of just a multiplayer game. And that's all I'll say about that.

Since Smash has such an obscenely large amount of content, I'm going to be doing points a little differently than normal. I'm doing the 1 point for beating the adventure mode, like normal. But since there so much other content, doing 1/3 point to do everything else just didn't feel right. So I'm going to break it down and give points for a few different things. In doing 1/3 point for doing all of the challenges, 1/3 point for beating each mode with every character, 1/3 point for collecting all of the mii items and music, and then 1 point for getting all of the spirits. This should all take hundreds, if not thousands, of hours. I really wanted to give myself full license to keep playing this game, without having to worry as much. So this is what I came up with. 

• Like 3

Back again with three games completed. Bringing me up to 29 games done for this event, but still at -10 on the points scale

Update:

Platinum 103 - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Image result for tomb raider definitive edition ps4

Finally can add this game to my list of completed. This was an enjoyable game, more like a light version of Uncharted. There was nothing overly difficult about this game, and on the PS4 I think they managed to capture Lara exceptionally well. The evolution from frightened survivor to fighter was a bit...unbelievable, but for an adventure game it is understandable for the length.

The only thing that really downgraded the experience was the multi-player aspect. Nothing was added to the overall experience, there was literally no point to it at all. It was the epitome of tacked on, and after a decent single player experience, it was a major letdown. So I am beyond glad to know that for RofTR and SotTR they have removed this kind of multi-player.

Platinum 104 - The Town of LIght

You play a woman that is going back to the asylum where she was a patient, to try and figure out what happened to her. And here is where the storyline kinda fizzles out. There are four 'different' endings, though the same general ending takes place no matter what you choose. This game was definitely not what I thought it was, in that, based on what I had heard of the game, I took it to be more of a horror game. It is in first person, and the camera can make you woozy (make sure to turn down the brightness for certain sections) but as for the 'horror' aspect, think more along the lines of disturbing. This is a very heavy game and I really can't recommend it if one has a problem with being easily upset as some of what happens to the character is messed up.

Platinum 105 - Adam's Venture: Origins

Another quick game that is now my quickest platinum game as well. This entry brings clunky controls, cliche story, and annoying main character along for the ride. But thankfully, it is a short experience (2 - 4 hours) depending on what guide you are following. A nice simple game that I got for cheap a while ago.

• Like 3

Being sick allows me to have more free time to get another platinum

106: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse

I actually enjoyed this game. I found the humor more to my liking than the previous games I played recently and the pacing was adequate for the length of the game. Although the storyline got a bit blurry to me toward the end, I do recommend this short game for whomever wants to try it. Tempted to see if I can scrounge up the other titles, but I believe they are all PC only.

And that brings me to -9...and 19 days to go to try and get to 0 before the end of the year

• Like 4

Bought a pre-owned copy of the Spyro trilogy. Apparently it was a Christmas gift but the kids had been naughty? lol Their loss is my gain I guess. Looking forward into digging into this and wiping some dust off of that nostalgia. I still haven't got around to platting Danganronpa but it's on my to-do list.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Bought a pre-owned copy of the Spyro trilogy. Apparently it was a Christmas gift but the kids had been naughty? lol Their loss is my gain I guess. Looking forward into digging into this and wiping some dust off of that nostalgia. I still haven't got around to platting Danganronpa but it's on my to-do list.

It was remastered to perfection (on the parts that matter), don't fall into the trap that I did and don't really worry about the skill points. They are cool if you get them, unlock artwork from the game, but they are not required for any of the trophies. At least not directly, I think some involving the bosses of the first game line up with the trophies, but only those

• Like 1

Finished the story in Spyro the Dragon and got the 120% and the plat. Loved every moment of it, though I'm not sure I ever realised just how short it is or how small the levels are. So much nostalgia here with only a couple of minor gripes. The new gliding took a while to get used to, in the old game, he would go straight from a jump to a glide, now he does a little dip/swoop thing that loses you quite a bit of air, it makes gliding a lot more unreliable than it was or probably should be. I'm not sure that I liked that they turned Twilight Harbor from what was obviously a weapons factory, into a paint factory, but whatever I guess.

The environments were beautiful, the soundtrack was beautiful, but I found I wasn't able to switch between the original and the remaster for some reason. They really did a marvelous job with this remake, it's a shame about Activision. I really enjoyed Spyro's movements and his little bounce/run thing. It really does the original games justice.

One thing I found odd though, and maybe it's nostalgia and bias talking, but enemies and dragons seemed to have less 'personality' than before. The made each dragon different, which is cool, but.. I don't know. The dragon in Dark Hollow that said the little gnorcs wouldn't bother him was because he was a big, strong dragon. In this, he's just reading a book, that little thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Enemies don't look so cute or 'naughty', they just look like generic mobs. I don't know, maybe it is my bias, but this seems to be a case of less is more. Perhaps because of the reduced graphics, we have to imagine a lot of the expression on the characters, with much more advanced graphics, the expression and personality is done for you.

Either way, the game is awesome and I can see myself replaying it again like I do the originals every now and then. Onto Spyro 2!

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 2

So, after violating the Terms of Use on PS Network I cannot use any of their services for 30 days. #riplyfe

Before the ban I got #6 CoD: Ghosts, also working on the 100% but since it´s online I can´t currently do them. 

While the ban is active, I thought of it as a good way to clear some backlog games I´ve avoided and started on the Uncharted-series.

Which brings me to, #7 Uncharted: Drake´s Fortune Remastered - I will not bother going for the 100% on any of the games as I don´t find these games fun enough for that.

Will probably avoid Uncharted 4 as well, because of the speed run trophy, I hate those.

EDIT: I was in the store yesterday and I saw Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas in the used bin, I realllyyyy wanted to buy, so will hopefully finish Uncharted Collection quickly!

Edited by Mortick
  • Like 2

#8 Uncharted: Among Thieves Remastered 

I disliked the collectables.

Bought F3 + New Vegas yesterday, so they´ll be next after Uncharted 3 and a quickie plat.

Loved Fallout 4, so the hype is real.

EDIT:

Went on my US account and there was a sale, I had to get some easy ones... 8 new games lmao.

Easy and cheap ones. Will probably do most of them before I start Fallout.

19 hours ago, markie816 said:

Just platinumed Batman Telltale games.

Can I get the coins for completing 1 game? This is my second game already.
Updated stats:
 Reply to Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Still have not gotten the coin either myself, but it´ll probably come sooner or later

Edited by Mortick
  • Like 1

Hey @Paleblood, congratulations on the promotion you were expecting! :D

Of course, RL is way more important and it is completely ok to dedicate to your life and loved ones. I guess the participants are really dedicating themselves to the event, so I guess the information you will need for the monthly updates will reach out to you easily.

Damn, miss those days on the chat, haha!

• Like 1

#9 Storm Boy (NA)

Nothing much to say other than an easy plat. Will get EU version eventually as well.

#10 Suicide Guy (NA)

Actually requires you to play for a while, not as easy and quick, recommend a video walkthrough. Will also get EU version for this eventually.

#11 Zeus Quest Remastered (NA)

Point and click game with some absurdities(?), easily obtained with a (I prefer text) guide. Already done the EU version.

Needed a break from Uncharted 3, lol.

#12 Uncharted: Drake´s Deception Remastered

Jesus christ the collectables were killing me. A lot more effort needed on this one than the first two, trophy wise.

#13 Demetrios - The BIG Cynical Adventure (NA)

Another easy point and click game, recommend a text guide. Will get EU and Vita version eventually.

#14 & #15 Tetra´s Escape (EU) + (NA)

Fairly easy, just tedious. Will need to do Vita version later.

Edited by Mortick
  • Like 2

Back with a game update for once.

I played through a few games but sadly I already finished most of them at some point :lol:

• Demon's Souls
  • Alan Wake
  • Final Fantasy XIII (Not quite done but I reached chapter 13 yesterday so it's mostly over.)
  • I think I played at least one more game, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was :hmm:

I started Read Dead Redemption 2, but then life hit and I abandoned it. I need to get back into it! What I've played so far was really, really great.

Also, Below which released only a couple of days ago (After 5 long years of waiting). Since it hit Xbox Game Pass directly on release I took it for a spin, and so far I like what I'm seeing. Allthough I have a couple caveats with the survival elements.

A lot of time also went into Hearthstone. I cannot really explain why but I get really hooked on it every once in a while.

I really want to get back into writing reviews. I hope my time allows it sometime soon.

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 3

I don't think I'll be able to finish another game before the end of the year. I was hoping I could finish Jet Set Radio, but I didn't think it'd be so damn hard! My backlog will only grow with Christmas, but at least I made a little dent into it even with all my exams and studying. Pretty happy with what I was able to finish this year.

• Like 4

I'm hoping to get the Spyro games completed by the new year, but I've been having PC and internet problems and I've just been trying to deal with that. I have to disassemble the PC I built, to send a part back, which they'll test and if they don't find the same fault they'll send it back to me and I'm back at square one in trying to diagnose the problem.

#17 Twin Robots (NA)

Horrible game with glitchy trophies that may or may not be fixed by closing and reopening game.

I will have to do EU and Vita version as well....

I might start and complete Virginia and Wheels of Aurelia before Christmas or hopefully at least one of them.

Also; I started counting PS Vita games in the grand total, but failed to create a hidden contents below the PS3 one, so it´s inside the PS3 hidden contents.

However, I will only count games I platinumed because I have NA games that I can´t get done on my EU account.

• Like 1