Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

I have kind of a weird question. Recently, my girlfriend rebought me some games I had sold in order to pay bills while she didn't have a job. Should gifts like that count against us? Also, should PS+ games count against us? Part of me feels like they shouldn't, but at the same time, they are games that are being added to the backlog. So, I wanted to see what everyone thought.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

I have kind of a weird question. Recently, my girlfriend rebought me some games I had sold in order to pay bills while she didn't have a job. Should gifts like that count against us? Also, should PS+ games count against us? Part of me feels like they shouldn't, but at the same time, they are games that are being added to the backlog. So, I wanted to see what everyone thought.

I'm not counting gifts and PS+ because otherwise I would never leave the negatives by a long shot.

• Like 1

Oh I know that pain.. my backlog seems to grow unlimited so count me in! Let's do this!

I'm going to go for the trophy hunter mode. Since my backlog is too big at that moment and grows with the PS-plus titles I only list the games I am interested in playing first.

Current status:

New Game Count: 0

Games Platinumed/100%: 3

Games bought: 1

My backlog:

PS4 (2/123)

Spoiler

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

Gemini: Heroes Reborn

Dying Reborn VR

Back to the future: the game

Lego Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Final Fantasy XV

Shadwen

Nier: Automata

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Rime

Child of Light

Firewatch

The Coma: Recut

No Heroes Allowed! VR

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Lego The Hobbit

Abzu

Serial Cleaner

Color Guardians

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Joe's Diner

Nioh

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Forma.8

Grow up

Lego Batman 3

Everybody's gone to the rapture

inFamous First Light

Gravity Rush 2

Grim Fandango Remastered

Corridor Z

Resident Evil 4

Dreamfall Chapters

Horizon Zero Dawn

Lifeless Planet

Far Cry 4

The Talos Principle

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

Manual Samuel

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

Uncanny Valley

Metro: Last Light Redux

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Ultratron

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Dragon Quest Builders

Mousecraft

Claire

Unmechanical Extended

Sheltered

Indigo Prophecy

J-Stars Victory VS+

Get Even

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship

Spy Chameleon

Dragon Quest Heroes

Robinson: The Journey

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

Deadpool

Dishonored 2

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Kingdom Hearts

Republique

Transistor

Sparc

Disc Jam

The Evil Within 2

Dragonball Xenoverse 2

King's Quest

Flower

Hidden Agenda

Mad Max

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

I expect you to die

One Piece Unlimited World Red Deluxe

Rogue Galaxy

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Watch Dogs

Digimon World: Next Order

Tearaway Unfolded

Patapon Remastered

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Knack

Limbo

Siren

Star Wars: Racer Revenge

Pillars of the Earth

Fruit Ninja VR

Happy Dungeons

Loading Human

Zombi

Dying Light

Amnesia: Collection

Lego Worlds

No Man's Sky

Godzilla

That's You!

Adr1ft

Tom Clancy's The Division

Dungeon Punks

Steamworld Dig

Clicker Heroes

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Night in the Woods

Monster Hunter World

Shooty Fruity

Batman: The Enemy Within

How to Survive 2

Darknet

Dead Rising 4

Trine 2: Complete Story

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Skyrim VR

Lego Dimensions

Tera

Far Cry 5

PS3 (2/37)

Spoiler

Child of Light

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

The book of unwritten Tales 2

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Jak 3

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Prototype 2

Beyond Good and Evil

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom

Lego The lord of the rings

WRC 5

Carnivores HD

Far Cry 3

Jak 2

Escape Dead Island

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Dark Souls

Army of Two: The Devils Cartel

BlazeRush

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Alice: Madness Returns

Lollipop Chainsaw

Okami HD

Remember Me

Super Motherload

Mad Riders

Abyss Odyssey

Tokyo Jungle

I am Alive

Blood Knights

Anna Extended Edition

Adventure Time: The Secret of the nameless kingdom

Amy

ICO

Puppeteer

Hoard

3D Dot Game Heroes

Catherine

Tomb Raider

PSV (0/19)

Spoiler

Type:Rider

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes

Tearaway

Kung Fu Rabbit

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Letter Quest Remastered

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Wanted Corp

Jak 3

Octodad

Claire

Flower

Jak 2

Dokuro

Nihilumbra

Fat Princess - Piece of Cake

Freedom Wars

Edited by Shoutachi
  • Like 1

Managed to get through Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments today. Short, simple storyline though the ending kinda just throws things together in a way that made sense but not really. The entire game is just six separate scenarios thrown together and the ending felt the same. Overall though, enjoyed it far better than The Raven.

Whelp, on to the next game

7 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Essentially what @Dessane said. Everybody can count PS+ games at their own volition - but I don't. I need my PS+ subscription to play games like Monster Hunter. I didn't ask for the games, nor do I get to choose which ones I get.

Gifts are basically the same thing if you don't abuse it. When someone ''gets'' gifts a lot to don't add up points, they should probably drop out of the event though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shoutachi said:

Oh I know that pain.. my backlog seems to grow unlimited so count me in! Let's do this!

I'm going to go for the trophy hunter mode. Since my backlog is too big at that moment and grows with the PS-plus titles I only list the games I am interested in playing first.

Heya, off you go killing that backlog! Welcome & enjoy your stay!

Kudos for going hardcore :highfive:

1 hour ago, BlazzingWind said:

Managed to get through Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments today. Short, simple storyline though the ending kinda just throws things together in a way that made sense but not really. The entire game is just six separate scenarios thrown together and the ending felt the same. Overall though, enjoyed it far better than The Raven.

Whelp, on to the next game

Great work, keep up the pace.

I looked into that Sherlock game once, how long did it take you?

15 hours ago, Dessane said:

I'm not counting gifts and PS+ because otherwise I would never leave the negatives by a long shot.

6 hours ago, Swifty-Joker said:

Essentially what @Dessane said. Everybody can count PS+ games at their own volition - but I don't. I need my PS+ subscription to play games like Monster Hunter. I didn't ask for the games, nor do I get to choose which ones I get.

Gifts are basically the same thing if you don't abuse it. When someone ''gets'' gifts a lot to don't add up points, they should probably drop out of the event though.

I suppose that makes sense. I just have a nagging feeling that if I don't count them, then my backlog will just continue to grow. Maybe instead I'll count them at -1 point. So at the very least, I have to beat one other game for each one. My backlog is already almost back up to where it started, and I'll feel a little better about it if I'm in the negative for a while and just can't buy anything. At least when it comes to gifts.

For PS+, it does feel a little unnecessary to count them. Since you're right, we didn't ask for them, and we don't really choose them. 

• Like 1

Just finished up Muramasa Rebirth, so that's one down and way too many left to clear. Really enjoyed the game, but trying to clear it all on fury mode was painful. And I couldn't leave it once I cleared the platinum, so I decided to mark it as finished once I cleared the DLC too. > w > ;;

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Swifty-Joker said:

Great work, keep up the pace.

I looked into that Sherlock game once, how long did it take you?

I took a few long breaks, according to the trophy log it took me a little less than a day following a great guide that I found somewhere else. If I had played from start to finish without any breaks I would say that it takes between 12 - 14 hours. The longest cases are the first and fifth. With the longest/most time consuming trophy being My Grey Matters (Solve 45 puzzles without skipping), I earned this towards the end of the third case. I got it for free a year ago through PS+, downloaded it and forgot about it until now lol

Speaking of PS+, I don't count the games as bought since they are given to you. But added Claire and Bloodborne to my backlog. I have had my eye on Claire since I first heard of it. Looks like an easy and quick game, plus a nice change of pace with the horror element then what I usually play. With Bloodborne, I avoided Dark Souls because of the difficulty curve of the games, but I've heard that this spiritual sucessor is a bit easier to grasp and at least get through. Though it might just make it's way to my 'Gave Up' pile ?

Edited by BlazzingWind

11 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

With Bloodborne, I avoided Dark Souls because of the difficulty curve of the games, but I've heard that this spiritual sucessor is a bit easier to grasp and at least get through. Though it might just make it's way to my 'Gave Up' pile 1f630.png

Biiiiig mistake. Don't let the difficulty scare you. It's one of the main reasons these games are so beloved by many. The feeling of ectasy you get when you've taken down a brutal boss is hard to match for any other game. Give it a fair chance and you'll most likely love it. But don't be fooled, dying and losing is part of the experience, you will never not die in those games.

In regards to Bloodborne's difficulty: I don't know who told you that, but Bloodborne is at least the same difficulty as the Souls games, if not harder. It's also the single best Sony exclusive title.

Funny you're all talking about PS+ titles since I just extended mine with a year, was supposed to run out somewhere this summer but a store near me had a sale (better than the one on PSN).

I do buy PS+ only for the IGC games though. Some of them I put on my backlog, some of them I don't, but I wouldn't count all of them as bought games for the purpose of this thread.

53 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Funny you're all talking about PS+ titles since I just extended mine with a year, was supposed to run out somewhere this summer but a store near me had a sale (better than the one on PSN).

I do buy PS+ only for the IGC games though. Some of them I put on my backlog, some of them I don't, but I wouldn't count all of them as bought games for the purpose of this thread.

Mine runs for another 2+ years at this point. When I see a good deal for PS+ I'll get it since I need it anyways.

I'm always open for the IGC of course but I think you can count the games I actually played from it on one hand. Another reason why I started this event - due to my massive backlog I never really have the time for IGC titles.

Another thing I rarely see mentioned are the deals on the PSN store. They benefit greatly form having a subscription sometimes.

Edited by Swifty-Joker

On ‎07‎-‎03‎-‎2018 at 1:29 AM, ExHaseo said:

I personally don't count PS+ games for this event but I understand you and I'm also starting to feel that even though I stopped buying games, my backlog is still growing even more, since I get 95% of the games that come with PS Plus. The smaller games I only add them officialy to my backlog if I really intend to play them (since I have the Vita now, I've started to play games like Hue, Dungeon Punks, that came out with PS+).  The -1 does not seem a bad idea, but I wouldn't be able to get PS+ since I take my time to get platinums. Maybe you can per subscription, for example, a year subscription costs 12 points, for example.

But I guess it's cool that PS+ has been adding games that I would eventually buy someday probably (Ratchet & Clank, Rime, inFamous Second Son, Telltale games...), it increases my backlog yes, but at the same I'm not spending money anymore. :)

Couple more ticks for me, Finished off Rime a while ago and forgot to update here and also finished up the plat of Nier: Automata last night.

Nier is really cool, a mix of a few genres and a really interesting story which can be a bit confusing at times but mostly makes sense by the end of the 3 stories. If it is on your list I would say get on it :)

That takes me up to 6 games finished since I started here and 1 game purchased so I am back at 3 new game points in time for Far Cry later this month.

• Like 1

I think I am going to back to my list and EXCLUDE games from PS+ because otherwise, I'll never get past zero, but include games my brother has purchased. I finished Crash 1 from my backlog and finished the story for Persona 5, though I think I'm going to still work on it some to get the platinum so I won't mark it off my list quite yet.

Well, I bought Kirby Star Allies, so I'm at -2 now.

On the other hand, I should be fine for a while now with buying games.

Also, I'm counting Elite: Dangerous as played through (just like in the Monthly Madness event) because it doesn't have a set story to finish yet I played through to a personal goal: to the center of the galaxy and back again. Going to do a pilgrimage to Beagle Point now, which kind of feels like NG+ to me.

This means I'm one game away from getting a new game point, and I'm working on several gamesr so I expect to be back at zero before long.

Knocked off Doki DOki Universe last night, not a fun game but very short thankfully. That one has sat on my profile for 3 years and 7 months so nice to get rid of it.

That takes me to 4 points with 7 games done. Now I'm playing Ratchet and Clank and I'm really enjoying it so far

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dessane said:

Knocked off Doki DOki Universe last night, not a fun game but very short thankfully. That one has sat on my profile for 3 years and 7 months so nice to get rid of it.

That takes me to 4 points with 7 games done. Now I'm playing Ratchet and Clank and I'm really enjoying it so far

You're an absolute beast! I'm so gonna be all over this thread once I'm finished with Monster Hunter. (which will take me another 200 hours.)

Enjoy Ratchet & Clank, I liked that one quite a bit.

My to-play-pipeline after Monster Hunter looks like this at the moment:
Ni No Kuni 2

Yakuza 0

FF XV Royal Edition

Finish Batman: Arkham Origins

Maybe some Assassins Creed or Far Cry game

On ‎12‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 2:21 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think I am going to back to my list and EXCLUDE games from PS+ because otherwise, I'll never get past zero, but include games my brother has purchased. I finished Crash 1 from my backlog and finished the story for Persona 5, though I think I'm going to still work on it some to get the platinum so I won't mark it off my list quite yet.

Is there stuff you don't like about Persona 5? I only come across praise when I try to look into that game, which is kinda boring to me to be honest.

12 hours ago, Riq IV said:

Well, I bought Kirby Star Allies, so I'm at -2 now.

Tell me about it when you're a few hours in, I'm interested in this one for a while.

Edited by Swifty-Joker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dessane said:

The main planets stuff wasn't that fun but to my recollection, those personality test meteors were pretty cool.

19 minutes ago, Swifty-Joker said:

Tell me about it when you're a few hours in, I'm interested in this one for a while.

Will do. You're also in the Switch thread, right? I'll post a bigger text there because it's filled with Switch users.

Did you try the demo?

Also, if I can substract the gold coins from its price as well as the coins I got from this purchase (because it's the first purchase I made since the gold coins got their purpose, I feel like I can do that this once without contradicting myself), I only paid €50 for it. It's also good to see how much more gold coins I'm getting now; 300 for spending €60... While a game priced like that would only grant me 70 points before the repurposing.

It's almost a shame I already boight Skyrim and Yooka-Laylee, since I haven't finished them yet. But down that line of thought, madness lies :D

Edited by Riq IV
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

Will do. You're also in the Switch thread, right? I'll post a bigger text there because it's filled with Switch users.

Did you try the demo?

I am, looking forward to it!

I haven't tried it yet, but I have my Switch with me today so I'll give it a go in my lunch break later or tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Riq IV said:

It's almost a shame I already boight Skyrim and Yooka-Laylee, since I haven't finished them yet. But down that line of thought, madness lies :D

Haha, truer words were never spoken.  I get there all the time with PSN sales :lol:

Edited by Swifty-Joker

4 minutes ago, Swifty-Joker said:

I am, looking forward to it!

I haven't tried it yet, but I have my Switch with me today so I'll give it a go in my lunch break later or tomorrow.

Yeah, I've got it with me too. Not playing on lunch breaks but I jave played on the way to work and will play again on the way home.

Haha, truer words were never spoken.  I get there  all the time with PSN sales :lol:

Well, naturally it isn't that huge a difference - Skyrim giving me 70 instead of 300 is only a monetary difference of €2,30 of course, and I have played 10+ hours in it (less in Yooka-Laylee, but I'm over halfway done in that one too).

Let's face it: if I waited three months for a €2,30 discount on a €60 game, I can wait some more.

This does make me wonder though if I should just spend all gold coins all the time for small discounts, or if I should save it up a bit and spend it all at once. For instance, I'm sure I'll get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in June, and Captain Toad in July.

Edited by Riq IV

1 minute ago, Riq IV said:

Well, naturally it isn't that huge a difference - Skyrim giving me 70 instead of 300 is only a monetary difference of €2,30 of course, and I have played 10+ hours in it (less in Yooka-Laylee, but I'm over halfway done in that one too).

Let's face it: if I waited three months for a €2,30 discount on a €60 game, I can wait some more.

If we're on the topic here, Gold Coins now do work in Austria. Just saw it yesterday, but I haven't gotten the hang of it tbh.

Do you have to ''use'' them on the Switch directly, or can you do it via browser? 'Cause the Ninteno Page looks a bit different as well now.

5 minutes ago, Swifty-Joker said:

If we're on the topic here, Gold Coins now do work in Austria. Just saw it yesterday, but I haven't gotten the hang of it tbh.

Do you have to ''use'' them on the Switch directly, or can you do it via browser? 'Cause the Ninteno Page looks a bit different as well now.

I've never bought Switch digital software through anything other than the eShop on the Switch itself, but it should be possible online too. In the eShop at least, there's an option of paying with gold coins.

Also, check my edit of my previous post, if you hadn't seen that, in case you feel like weighing in with your opinion and helping me make up my mind.

On ‎12‎-‎03‎-‎2018 at 1:21 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I ended up doing the same. It really didn't make sense to me to include PS Plus games in this event. So, whenever I finish/platinum a PS Plus game, it won't count as a New Game Count, so, they are now excluded from my event's backlog. I will only count bought games.

So, right now, I'm finishing some PS Plus games. Bought-games wise, I'm not far from getting Stories: The Path of Destinies' platinum and I'm halfway Horizon Zero Dawn.