Crown Guide.

LordNEET

19 hours ago, Celesteela said:

Are we getting a Rotten Vale quest this week?

I just got a large Radobaan, so now all I need is large Dodogama for that trophy...but I need mini Great Girros, Odogaron, and Radobaan. Fortunately those three often come together, but...ugh, I HATE Odogaron, and Great Girros is always tiny =/

You can do it! Nearly there!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoOneWillRecall said:

Can confirm Rotten Vale seems to be boosted. Got a couple of crowns (both silver and gold) from every single investigation I've done. 

What is even more interesting, it seems like the boost also applies to Elder Dragons; done 2 Vaal Hazaks and both investigations yielded a crown. 

Great! Rotten vale farming it is, need large Odo and double Girros.

I still need a large Azure Rathalos.. If anybody is still hunting this one, or spots one, please add me

29 minutes ago, NoOneWillRecall said:

Can confirm Rotten Vale seems to be boosted. Got a couple of crowns (both silver and gold) from every single investigation I've done. 

What is even more interesting, it seems like the boost also applies to Elder Dragons; done 2 Vaal Hazaks and both investigations yielded a crown. 

Hasnt been happening to me... all i got was one smallest girros update no crown

22 minutes ago, NoOneWillRecall said:

Are we sure?
I got all the crown for Rotten Vale on Wednesday night in the space of a few hours (outside Vaal Hazaks) (I also got Bazelgeuse large and mini crown in the vale on Thursday night)

This was before the new events started. so im hesitant to say the Rotten Vale has been boosted. maybe we are all just getting very lucky.

However I would like it to be true. guess i'll find out over the weekend.

25 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Great! Rotten vale farming it is, need large Odo and double Girros.

I still need a large Azure Rathalos.. If anybody is still hunting this one, or spots one, please add me

Need everything u need with large azure being small azure and instead of oda i need radobaan. Will be on later. Lets try together

Edited by abhinandhan22

8 hours ago, Celesteela said:

I am so relieved Jho wasn't in that Simple Task quest...gives me more time to hunt down the last three crowns I need without worry that they'll add to my workload with updates.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the Rotten Vale...

EDIT: DAMN I JUST GOT MINI GIRROS AND MINI RADOBAAN AT THE SAME TIME

Any advice on Radobaan sizing you can give at all? I’m desperate here as really struggling to gauge the size of it, and I need a giant and a mini still. 

2 minutes ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Any advice on Radobaan sizing you can give at all? I’m desperate here as really struggling to gauge the size of it, and I need a giant and a mini still. 

Giant Radobaan is HUGE. You'll be below the first joint in his leg at least. Mini...I think you come up to somewhere around mid-thigh? I didn't measure mini, unfortunately.

Still struggling with Dodogama here...I swear they're all the same size. I don't have any triple monster quests - at least, none with silver rewards alongside gold, which I think you need for crowns - so I'm doing singles and getting nothing...I knew the last one would give me trouble. At least Dodogama is slow-moving and easy...

20 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Giant Radobaan is HUGE. You'll be below the first joint in his leg at least. Mini...I think you come up to somewhere around mid-thigh? I didn't measure mini, unfortunately.

Still struggling with Dodogama here...I swear they're all the same size. I don't have any triple monster quests - at least, none with silver rewards alongside gold, which I think you need for crowns - so I'm doing singles and getting nothing...I knew the last one would give me trouble. At least Dodogama is slow-moving and easy...

Cheers I really appreciate the tip. I swear they all look the same to me, but if I know it’s really noticeably big I can quit any that don’t look it so should save me some time. I managed to get both Girros crowns yesterday so hoping to keep up the momentum! 

Anyone want to kill some Dodong--I mean, Dodogama, with me? I have no triple quests with it in and I am positive a large crown will only spawn in one of those. We don't even have to be going for that; I'd just welcome the chance to get some Investigations for it without tediously trawling for tracks.

It's my last crown and it feels like I'll never get it...there is literally no way to measure this thing. It's constantly changing its body size. I am in literal despair =/

Edited by Celesteela

26 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Anyone want to kill some Dodong--I mean, Dodogama, with me? I have no triple quests with it in and I am positive a large crown will only spawn in one of those. We don't even have to be going for that; I'd just welcome the chance to get some Investigations for it without tediously trawling for tracks.

It's my last crown and it feels like I'll never get it...there is literally no way to measure this thing. It's constantly changing its body size. I am in literal despair =/

I got it this morning, its very large you will notice. His white portion of the belly is more or less taller than you.

3 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I got it this morning, its very large you will notice. His white portion of the belly is more or less taller than you.

Is that before or after he's puffed himself up to impossible size? Or before or after he's swallowed stones? He often LOOKS huge to me...

Anyone have an effective way to measure Uragaan both mini and large? This guy has been such a pain. I've farmed him a lot and I think on my guild card he has the most kills by me and not a single crown. I've seen some massive Uragaan's and no golds. Can you stand by his legs and tell?

4 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

I'll post my giant tonight, but be sure to always aim for his knee when measuring. Just 3 large ones left for the Platinum and girros and lavasioth just won't drop for me, going insane here so I know how you feel. 

Before he swallows rocks.

I got him earlier. I noticed that your head would be just under his neck for large crown. Your head would not quite be touching him. I think that was before he swallowed rocks but not 100% positive. That's how I measured him at least. He was pretty obviously huge to me.

Edited by zeroeffectx00

Before he swallows rocks.

Gotcha, thanks...

...and got it, too. The grind is finally over. Some 200 hours later. Now I just need those irritating rare wildlife trophies, the dismal Arena quests, and a few Lumu for PhD, and then I'll have the plat.