LordNEET

Crown Guide.

1,322 posts in this topic

Hopefully this helps some people.

5 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Hopefully this helps some people.

Ive been playing MH Since 2006, every title so far has had compiled crown lists that have helped. Hopefully MHW is like every entry before.

Generating identical investigations seems to be about as hard as getting crown itself.

24 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Generating identical investigations seems to be about as hard as getting crown itself.

Yes, but if you see with a few instances above the crowns have similar conditions. So if we get like 6 entries for HR6 generating a gold crown Jagras we can then generally speculate not to hunt other than HR6 missions. So hopefully this wont give us udentical investigations but a general template to look for.

fQMR0A4.png

So if we get enough repeats at least we can narrow down which HR to use for crowns. Like at this point I should use HR6 for Jagras not HR2.

Edited by LordNEET

Posted this on the other thread but here is what I’ve got for now.  Looks like you’ve already got my Great Jagras one on the list so no need to post that one again.  Just including it below so that it is on the thread.

Mini Crowns

Investigation Rank: 6*

Investigation Type: Hunt (Great Jagras)

Rewards: Copper / Silver / Gold

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Rate Up: Gather locations

Investigation Rank: 8*
Investigation Type: Slay (Nergigante)
Rewards: ???
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Rate Up: ???

Edit: I’ve also been doing test runs on LR investigations and it still seems I’m only able to obtain Giant Silver crowns.

Edited by Jounochi

Rodobaan 

Mini Crown

Investigation Rank: 7

Investigation Type: Hunt (Rodobaan, Odogaron, Great Girros)

Rewards: Silver Silver Gold

Time Limit: 50 min

Upsurge: Ancient Forest

Crown is for the Rodobaan. Quest pictured here: https://imgur.com/gallery/WJ5cr

Edited by Orenn16

Thanks for the tips.

I will try

Edited by Saint_Phoenix

12 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

You can search them in the investigation SOS tho.

I will try to use the ones listed here and will provide feedback.

Way to go! Finally people can stop making threads about the crowns :) *hopefully*

I will update this thread every time i got a crown hope this will help

edit 1

got both small and large crown for Teostra in slaying investigation

rank 8 time limit 50 min reward money 18180

Edited by dark69knight
add Teostra

I got mini urugaan crown on a 7 star hunt investigation, I'll check the specifics of the hunt when I get home from work and edit this post

Got a mini pink rathian 1543.85

Mission was hunt barroth and (normal)rathian.

2 silver, 1 gold. 16380z 3 faint, upsurge bonepiles. 

Mini Bazel

• 7 Star great hunting investigation
  • Legiana and Bazel
  • 2 Silver and a gold
  • HR 13 or higher
  • Mini Bazel at 1735.54

Edited by killerJAZZ420

I did a HR50 Slaying Investigation Slay Kushala Daora and got a giant gold crown from it first time size was 2372.28

All the infos in here should be consolidated in some kind of sheet on google docs. Otherwise OP post would be hard to read.

if I enter in the same exact investigation the crown will be appear in the first try? or in this investigation have more chance and i need to continue doing?

idk if you have more chances but its not going to be first try unless your veeeeery lucky

• Legiana
  • 7 Star Capture investigation
  • 2 Silver and 2 gold
  • HR 13 or higher
  • 2 Max Player
  • 2 Faint
  • Time Limit : 15min
  • Upsurge: Pearl Oysters
  • Big Crown 2107.69

I'm new to all this monster hunter business so I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it really does seem like it's still super random but the randomness is influenced the more negative / challenge factors there are.  challenges being: fewer max players, fewer faints, lower time limit, # star difficulties, tempered or not, number of monsters in one hunt.  the more modifiers that are stacked on an investigation (not counting upsurges or things that make it easier like more faints) the more likely a giant or mini will show up.    

Edit: to add to the thread's purpose, just got a mini great jagras with 6*, single target (great jagras), 6660 reward, 50m time limit, 2 player max, capture mission and an aggressive bazel flying around.  I ran it again and got my largest great jagras yet with no crown but I'm going to run it a few more times and see if I can get a mini and a giant out of the same expedition. 

Edit 2: Got two minis from this same investigation (976.50) and like 1200+ as the largest.

Edited by MildObstruction

from what im seeing it has to be that exact quest in every detail or it won't give you the crown

4 hours ago, MildObstruction said:

I'm new to all this monster hunter business so I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it really does seem like it's still super random but the randomness is influenced the more negative / challenge factors there are.  challenges being: fewer max players, fewer faints, lower time limit, # star difficulties, tempered or not, number of monsters in one hunt.  the more modifiers that are stacked on an investigation (not counting upsurges or things that make it easier like more faints) the more likely a giant or mini will show up.    

Edit: to add to the thread's purpose, just got a mini great jagras with 6*, single target (great jagras), 6660 reward, 50m time limit, 2 player max, capture mission and an aggressive bazel flying around.  I ran it again and got my largest great jagras yet with no crown but I'm going to run it a few more times and see if I can get a mini and a giant out of the same expedition. 

Edit 2: Got two minis from this same investigation (976.50) and like 1200+ as the largest.

Yeah I think anything anyone says about getting crowns is horseshit now.

Yeah honestly I don't see this working out. I done a few of the quests that is supposedly meant to give you crowns and I got absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure any crown can be earnt through any mission it's purely rng