Yakuza 6 accidently released free

Gwendly

2 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

It's good promotion for them, loads of sites are covering this story. So free advertisement. Bet they don't revoke access, bet they did this on purpose.

If they didn't revoke Knack 2... by the way, they delisted the demo in the EU store, too, so i guess the problem is global ? however i cannot test it as i don't own a PS4. And PSDLE still lists it under "Demos" anyway.

Edited by Lance_87

Oh, wow.? Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, was doing a bunch of stuff in Chapter 1 last night and didn't read the news until this morning. I don't try demos normally, so I was like, "Trophies are supposed to pop in these?". 

I should have known right away that something was off when the Chapter 1 title appeared and progress kept going, lel.

However, I really enjoyed what I played and because I love Yakuza so much I'm going to delete my dl and wait for my After Hours copy at the proper release date.

• Like 1

Sega issued a statement:

Hi all,

Thank you for your incredible support and patience regarding the Yakuza 6: The Song of Life demo. We have some updates on the questions you have been asking us here

Will my account be banned for playing the full game? No. Absolutely not. We hope you enjoyed you “advance” preview of the later chapters in the game. Sounds like you did!

Will my save game file transfer over? Yes! All of that time you spent with Kiryu will carry over when the full game releases, so no time in-game is lost. However, trophies will not carry over to the full game when it is released and will need to be earned again.

We will update you as soon as we have more information on the status of the demo.

Thank you again for your support and any questions please let us know in the comments!

So, saves carry over, trophies don't.

Yeah, I feel bad for those that tried to rush through the game to try to get "world's first" platinum... 
Ain't nobody gonna carry over their save when trophies don't carry over.

11 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Licenses have been revoked. So people had two days to get fairly far. I didn't play at all yesterday though. Oh well, I'm pretty glad it got fixed fast.

So you're saying the first thing to do when I get home is turn off the internet before turning on the PS4.

On 2/28/2018 at 2:37 AM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

It's good promotion for them, loads of sites are covering this story. So free advertisement. Bet they don't revoke access, bet they did this on purpose.

Ya know, that's actually a pretty interesting observation. I doubt that many people picked up the demo, after all. Give out a few freebies, get some easy mentions and some happy customers (and let's be honest - only the most diehard-est of fans would be picking up the demo that early), and you might convert it into a few more sales.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, Valyrious said:

Licenses have been revoked. So people had two days to get fairly far. I didn't play at all yesterday though. Oh well, I'm pretty glad it got fixed fast.

H03tB4x.jpg

Well, screw those people then.

14 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

So you're saying the first thing to do when I get home is turn off the internet before turning on the PS4.

If you turned your internet back online at any point after you played it, you'll be fucked.

If your PS4 has been offline this whole time, then there's a chance.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:52 PM, Valyrious said:

Yeah, I feel bad for those that tried to rush through the game to try to get "world's first" platinum... 

I stood up all day and night playing the "demo" and got the platinum, but it's no big deal for me since I kinda saw it coming and I'm okay doing it all again.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:52 PM, Valyrious said:

Sega issued a statement:

So, saves carry over, trophies don't.

Fucking great. Now I have to start over. Minor grinding for nothing. Go neck yourself Sega

12 hours ago, Valyrious said:

If you turned your internet back online at any point after you played it, you'll be fucked.

If your PS4 has been offline this whole time, then there's a chance.

PS4 hasn't been turned on since Wednesday night. It's now Saturday night. So a good 72 hours ago since it was on last. Did this sucker get yanked before or after that then, I forget.