Yakuza 6 accidently released free

Gwendly

So apparently the demo version released on the NA psn store was the wrong version and some people were able to download what was really the full version.

Anyone here struck gold with the demo? If you did and liked the game, consider purchasing a retail copy of the game or a different Yakuza game to support the devs

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I totally missed out.

won't miss out on much, likely to have the game taken away :(.

though there was one title that was going to be on ps plus anyway that leaked early month's ago and people got to keep that one.

Edited by kingdrake2

8 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

How does the demo unlock the full game? :o 

If I had to guess, all demos are the full game but with a block that doesn't allow progress past a certain point. This version didnt have that block implemented I guess...

• Like 2

I played it passed the point it was supposed to stop, thinking it was just a longer demo. I also earned a trophy, thinking it was like those PS+ trials on PS3, but apparently I have the full game. I'm not gonna play it yet, since I have to play 1-5. Idk if it'll get taken away, but I kind of hope it does so I have to buy it, it was really good so far.

• Like 2

Me at work today: Wow, that Yakuza demo is pretty damn big.

Me coming home from work: Wow, that Yakuza demo is the full game.

Wonder if the Aussie version will allow it, got it downloading now. Haven't played a Yakuza game since the PS2.

16 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Me at work today: Wow, that Yakuza demo is pretty damn big.

Me coming home from work: Wow, that Yakuza demo is the full game.

Wonder if the Aussie version will allow it, got it downloading now. Haven't played a Yakuza game since the PS2.

Am also downloading now.... 36.53GB does seem a little excessive for a demo ?.... will find out when i get home  from work...

Still going to buy a physical copy regardless....

No point in me finishing the game early since I haven't beaten the other Yakuza games yet. But for those who've downloaded the full game and want to complete it before its release date, you should probably disconnect your PS4 from the internet to prevent the game from losing its license. 

I already have the game preordered, but I'm not sure about how many Yakuza games I can beat before its release :P 

I have to say, this is pretty awesome. Rewards those that were in the right place at the right time. I kinda wanna keep going just to see if I can be one of the first to unlock the platinum (especially since it looks like a much easier platinum).

Then again, I still haven't beat Yakuza 0. So who knows if I will or not.

2RHHveu.png

1 hour ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Is there nothing they can do now, can't they release a patch to convert all those downloaded games not bought to be a demo? Not to mention the game isnt suppose to be out for about another month.

I'm sure they can revoke access if they want to.