Record of Grancrest War announced for PS4

Vergil

Record of Grancrest War

Bandai Namco has announced Record of Grancrest War for PlayStation 4. The tactical RPG will launch physically and digitally on June 14 in Japan for 8,200 yen. An 11,100 yen first-print limited edition including a copy of the game, special box, special content Blu-ray disc, soundtrack CD, and special booklet will also be available.

Here is an overview of the game’s story:

Atlatan, a continent where Chaos dominates everything. Frightened by the disasters caused by the Chaos, the people live under the protection of “Lords” who possess “Crests,” the power to suppress those calamities.

However, the Lords eventually abandon the idea of “protection of the people,” and break into a war to fight for each other’s Crests and territory—. During that, a solitary mage named Siluca, who despises Lords without ideals, meets Theo, a a wandering knight on a training journey in order to free his hometown from tyrannical rule.

Through the high-handed tactics of Siluca, who is touched by Theo’s ideals, they sign a master and servant contract and aim to bring change to a continent thrown into war.

Confirmed playable characters include Theo Cornaro, Siluca Meletes, Irvin, Aishera, and Priscill

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/03/record-grancrest-war-announced-ps4#7OOPFc7220pHWk1m.99

Edited by DPatriot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Record of Grancrest War sounds an awful lot like Record of Agarest War. Zero was the worst "tactical" game I've ever played. If it's the same people, I'll pass. 

If not, why try to bring up those bad memories?:(

Nah, there's no connection. Grancrest is a light novel/tabletop turned manga currently being adapted into anime and finally crossing into videogames. 

And it's not like there weren't titles using "Records of X War" way before Agarest. Lodoss says hello.

Edited by NetEntity

5 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Nah, there's no connection. Grancrest is a light novel/tabletop turned manga currently being adapted into anime and finally crossing into videogames. 

And it's not like there weren't titles using "Records of X War" way before Agarest. Lodoss says hello.

Well, screw 'em all! Why can't we have "Archives of Grancrest War"? Or "A History of the Grancrest War"? xD

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, screw 'em all! Why can't we have "Archives of Grancrest War"? Or "A History of the Grancrest War"? xD

Well, Record of Lodoss War used to be HUGE and very influential, so the name choice could be deliberate.

Just now, NetEntity said:

Well, Record of Lodoss War used to be HUGE and very influential, so the name choice could be deliberate.

The name does ring a bell, and I don't watch much anime at all, so it must have been a big deal. 

Oh well - I do like tactics games, so I might pick it up if it's not associated with Agarest. 

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Record of Grancrest War sounds an awful lot like Record of Agarest War. Zero was the worst "tactical" game I've ever played. If it's the same people, I'll pass. 

If not, why try to bring up those bad memories?:(

i agree  i instantly thought it was a Spin on RoA - And yes... Records of agarest war zero... I got 10 hours into it maybe... and ya  - I liked 1st ones combat and map explore, was iffy with 2nds combat... and the final nail Zero... nope, I dont get any of it, Limit points till game over, hunting crap, finding Quests - no real idea were to go, crap-ish map :< Sad all the way 

4 hours ago, NetEntity said:

I put a lot of time in the Dreamcast game.  I never watched the anime or read the manga, but I wanted a Diablo clone on my fancy system.  I still love the Dreamcast