Looking for a Build Suggestion

Broni1337

Same problem here. 200 defense or 1000 defense makes no difference in 2nd phase. And his hitboxes are broken i think. Doesn't matter where you stand. if you stand behind when he swipes forward you get hit too. Furthest i've got after 5-6 tries is 20% of his total HP. I've beaten all super bosses in previous FF's without problems but this one has done it for me. Just can't beat him 

So I'll admit, I cheesed the fight to hell.
I was only Lvl 54 when completing it, and it took about 30min to kill him.
My Strength was 1200 going into the fight as well (Defense 700)

Tips:
I used the rampage sigil as it let me continuously move in and warp around the field without losing much MP and seem to be the most effective sigil as it also increases strength and defense. Also, the L2+Circle move can hit him as he's moving around, plus can cancel out aerial attack animations.
It's also best to go into this fight with 100% Fire Resist, or you are going to have a bad time.
When he phases you can technically still hit him with attacks.
When it comes to A.I's try to keep them alive but do not value theirs over yours.
Key to this fight is to always move and warp! Take advantage of those i-frames as much as you can!
Also come in with a good food buff, preferably one that raises both attack and defense. If you can get the equalizer food buff from the Malboro Quest, that will make this fight go by much faster!

For tips on the phases and how I handled them:

Spoiler

For the first phase, it as simple as hitting him down. Don't waste a food on this stage though, as you will most likely need it in the next two. When he's doing attack, warp to his side and then into him as his sword in this phase love to randomly hit you for everything.

For the second phase, there a simple way around almost all attacks and that warping. When he phases around the arena, randomly teleport around or to a warp point and then warp into him once you can lock on to him to phase through his attacks and do some damage. You'll also have time to get a few more swing in before he moves.
When he shoots fire you have two choices of handling this. You can either warp around RIGHT before the fireballs contact you or just guard it out. If you have that 100% Fire Resist this attack won't do much damage but the knockback annoying.

His third phase he floods the outside of the arena and side streets with lava coating, so avoid being on this for long. It the same as the second phase but he moves faster and initiates attacks faster as well, and will occasionally duplicate attacks. He also adds two new attacks. One where he charges up his blade and slams it into the ground, with fire pillars homing on you, but an easy attack to dodge. His Second attack, he will move to the end of the street with no lava and charge to the center area. Warp to a warp point to be safe from this. 

That how I did it all. Not the best method by far, as your just chipping at a big HP pool but it got the job done!

Edited by Smasher419
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

I didn't even know Ifrit was a comrades boss until the title if this thread spoiled it for me. Stick a warning next time to be considerate, not a spoiler in a thread title.

Sry didn´t thought this trough.

13 minutes ago, Rattamauled said:

I didn't even know Ifrit was a comrades boss until the title if this thread spoiled it for me. Stick a warning next time to be considerate, not a spoiler in a thread title.

3 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

Sry didn´t thought this trough.

Edited the title. I wasn't aware it was a spoiler as I haven't played the game or have any interest in it, or any knowledge of it either.

2 hours ago, Smasher419 said:

So I'll admit, I cheesed the fight to hell.
I was only Lvl 54 when completing it, and it took about 30min to kill him.
My Strength was 1200 going into the fight as well (Defense 700)

Tips:
I used the rampage sigil as it let me continuously move in and warp around the field without losing much MP and seem to be the most effective sigil as it also increases strength and defense. Also, the L2+Circle move can hit him as he's moving around, plus can cancel out aerial attack animations.
It's also best to go into this fight with 100% Fire Resist, or you are going to have a bad time.
When he phases you can technically still hit him with attacks.
When it comes to A.I's try to keep them alive but do not value theirs over yours.
Key to this fight is to always move and warp! Take advantage of those i-frames as much as you can!
Also come in with a good food buff, preferably one that raises both attack and defense. If you can get the equalizer food buff from the Malboro Quest, that will make this fight go by much faster!

For tips on the phases and how I handled them:

Hide contents

For the first phase, it as simple as hitting him down. Don't waste a food on this stage though, as you will most likely need it in the next two. When he's doing attack, warp to his side and then into him as his sword in this phase love to randomly hit you for everything.

For the second phase, there a simple way around almost all attacks and that warping. When he phases around the arena, randomly teleport around or to a warp point and then warp into him once you can lock on to him to phase through his attacks and do some damage. You'll also have time to get a few more swing in before he moves.
When he shoots fire you have two choices of handling this. You can either warp around RIGHT before the fireballs contact you or just guard it out. If you have that 100% Fire Resist this attack won't do much damage but the knockback annoying.

His third phase he floods the outside of the arena and side streets with lava coating, so avoid being on this for long. It the same as the second phase but he moves faster and initiates attacks faster as well, and will occasionally duplicate attacks. He also adds two new attacks. One where he charges up his blade and slams it into the ground, with fire pillars homing on you, but an easy attack to dodge. His Second attack, he will move to the end of the street with no lava and charge to the center area. Warp to a warp point to be safe from this. 

That how I did it all. Not the best method by far, as your just chipping at a big HP pool but it got the job done!

Nice got it with this tactic, thank you

This fight is just a matter of strenght and defense. Just raise your weapon stats accordingly (99 level weapons) and you will kill Ifrit comfortably within 10-15 minutes. I had 1300 S and 1000 D plus rampage sigil so I  could constantly warp strikes and move around pretty quickly. I have took some dmg, but no big deal. I also did not care about AI. If you do some dmg fast enough they will survive until third phase starts. 

I finally managed to win this fight today, on my 10th attempt or so. I am level 75 now this helped me a lot, since the NPC‘s also get a higher level and thus they survived longer. I used the fierce sigil like many suggested (+50% HP +50% defense, martial arts) and I fought very offensive. My stats were 5100 HP, 1300 attack and 900 defense. I also equiped a weapon with vitaga to always quickly heal myself fully. The martial arts also help a lot to get in damage when Ifrit starts his fire cloak and takes less damage due to it (martial arts did 2000 damage, a normal weapon hit only around 500).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

I finally managed to win this fight today, on my 10th attempt or so. I am level 75 now this helped me a lot, since the NPC‘s also get a higher level and thus they survived longer. I used the fierce sigil like many suggested (+50% HP +50% defense, martial arts) and I fought very offensive. My stats were 5100 HP, 1300 attack and 900 defense. I also equiped a weapon with vitaga to always quickly heal myself fully. The martial arts also help a lot to get in damage when Ifrit starts his fire cloak and takes less damage due to it (martial arts did 2000 damage, a normal weapon hit only around 500).

3 days I keep beating but nothing, today when I read your post and I decided to try, in the end I managed to beat, my main pg is lv81, 1100 atk and 1500def with fierce sigil.

Thank you all for writing here, even if I do not participate a lot on forums, and sorry for my English! thank you!

Edited by Stormend09
  • Like 1

Got it aswell using the rampage sigil by spamming warp strikes and using "all creation" skill as he teleported to me which gives you invincibility frames and good chunk of damage on him. 1200 attack/700 defense. lvl 48. I also ignored NPC's  

Edited by KristofferJr