Trophies question

The_Kopite

Check previously made threads before making one:

@HellcoreFire already posted an answer with a source link: 

"A Way Out's online play works a little differently to most games. Only one participant needs to have bought the game. If you've purchased A Way Out, you can send a request to someone on your Friends list. Once they accept and unlock the Free Trial, they'll be able to play the game alongside you online, at no extra cost, from start to finish.

Additionally, you'll only earn trophies if you own a copy of A Way Out. If you join online co-op as above and don't own A Way Out, you won't unlock the trophies until you purchase the game yourself, at which point your accumulated trinkets will pop."

Similar thing applies to local co-op; you will only get trophies if you own the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skadoki said:

"A Way Out's online play works a little differently to most games. Only one participant needs to have bought the game. If you've purchased A Way Out, you can send a request to someone on your Friends list. Once they accept and unlock the Free Trial, they'll be able to play the game alongside you online, at no extra cost, from start to finish.

Additionally, you'll only earn trophies if you own a copy of A Way Out. If you join online co-op as above and don't own A Way Out, you won't unlock the trophies until you purchase the game yourself, at which point your accumulated trinkets will pop."

Similar thing applies to local co-op; you will only get trophies if you own the game.

Apologies, I did read that response, but obviously not well enough as I only thought it concerned the online co-op part.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:00 AM, igs63 said:

Been playing local coop and both of us got the trophies. So, yes. You both get them if it's local.

Was just going to post on here that I have now found that out as well! :)

On 3/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, Skadoki said:

It was worth me asking the qn in the end, as I am playing local co-op right now with the wife, and we are both getting the trophies on one playthrough, so it is a different situation to the online co-op. Good to know for anyone thinking about buying the game :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dorroile said:

The trophy guide says that mini-game trophies won't pop for both players - does that mean that player two can't get the plat if playing local co-op?

Me and my wife have both got all trophies so far. Some trophies such as the Home Run baseball trophy, you have to pull get a home run, and each trophy is given to each player separately once having achieved a home run hit, rather than both at the same time, but from our experience so far, I would expect us both to get the platinum each.

12 hours ago, Dorroile said:

The trophy guide says that mini-game trophies won't pop for both players - does that mean that player two can't get the plat if playing local co-op?

Yeah, some trophies won't pop for both players in terms of local play. :gold: Home Run and :gold: The Dip are just two examples.

Me and a buddy finished the game tonight  he didn’t have a copy so I loaned him mine. But no trophies popped is there something he has to do or we’ll he have to play agian 

i had the game he was playing with the friend pass 

Edited by andrew_cole78

3 hours ago, andrew_cole78 said:

Me and a buddy finished the game tonight  he didn’t have a copy so I loaned him mine. But no trophies popped is there something he has to do or we’ll he have to play agian 

i had the game he was playing with the friend pass 

As mentioned in my A Way Out trophy guide, trophies will not pop for anybody joining via the game's access pass.