Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

3 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

maradns window doesn't you running the maradns command:

.\maradns.exe -f mararc

Can you show that?

deadwood window shows an error "Problem creating service" - but you do seem to be running from an administrator command prompt - maybe it was already running?

bbc9K1q.png

Deadwood: it's possible...

Fc8l52P.png

44 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

Deadwood: it's possible...

Hmm these both look ok, I'm out of ideas for now. I'll have another look later.

If you haven't tried already, follow the maradns/deadwood guide again from the beginning as it has new instructions about downloading and modifying the config files rather than copy-pasting them from the guide, which has fixed issues for some people

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

Hmm these both look ok, I'm out of ideas for now. I'll have another look later.

If you haven't tried already, follow the maradns/deadwood guide again from the beginning as it has new instructions about downloading and modifying the config files rather than copy-pasting them from the guide, which has fixed issues for some people

WORRRKINGGGG

hgBJAnW.png

Thanks Guys....

@ProfBambam55

@NeM2k2

@LoStraniero91

PAlU7yU.jpg?1xNz6p6Z.jpg

Edited by WaddysWDS
  • Like 1

Midnight Club no work...

iZvQRT7.jpg?1

I suppose you have to make modifications in GoneSpy.

-----------------------

OMG.. FUEL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ? 

Shows activity in GoneSpy, but does not allow fast play, search session or create career. When trying to do some of the above mentioned actions, a message appears that says: "You can not connect to the Server"

u4yxr1v.png

Edited by WaddysWDS

26 minutes ago, WaddysWDS said:

Midnight Club no work...

OMG.. FUEL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ? 

Shows activity in GoneSpy, but does not allow fast play, search session or create career. When trying to do some of the above mentioned actions, a message appears that says: "You can not connect to the Server"

@LoStraniero91 has kindly raised an issue on github to report on which games do/do not work - https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3/issues/1

Feel free to register there and add your own findings in the comments on that issue

Edited by NeM2k2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, NeM2k2 said:

@LoStraniero91 has kindly raised an issue on github to report on which games do/do not work - https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3/issues/1

Feel free to register there and add your own findings in the comments on that issue

Or you could just read the op (the first post) here...there's a list...i update it regularly...might save you from testing further games that have been confirmed to not work...the confirmation is appreciated though...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

here again and i need your opinion: i'm farming the 500 wins on UT3, but after 3-4 matches, the game starts to slow down, up to a point that it reaches 1 FPS (i'm not joking). Even if i play manually or i autostart the matches with bot on normal and no mutators, the game always starts to slow down. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

here again and i need your opinion: i'm farming the 500 wins on UT3, but after 3-4 matches, the game starts to slow down, up to a point that it reaches 1 FPS (i'm not joking). Even if i play manually or i autostart the matches with bot on normal and no mutators, the game always starts to slow down. Any ideas?

Does it happen if you play non-ranked matches without Gonespy running at all?

9 hours ago, NeM2k2 said:

Does it happen if you play non-ranked matches without Gonespy running at all?

I haven't tried in this way yet, but I can try it after I will finish the farming (although i believe that this "progressive slow down" it's caused from my speed connection or my PC itself [i've an Intel Core Duo])

Edited by APCGrayLocked

48 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

I haven't tried in this way yet, but I can try it after I will finish the farming (although i believe that this "progressive slow down" it's caused from my speed connection or my PC itself [i've an Intel Core Duo])

mine slowed down.for a bit too when I was playing 50 cent...it's possible if you leave your pc logged into gonespy too long it may slow down...i noticed I had trouble when I left my pc on for extended periods...could be a pc performance issue... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

mine slowed down.for a bit too when I was playing 50 cent...it's possible if you leave your pc logged into gonespy too long it may slow down...i noticed I had trouble when I left my pc on for extended periods...could be a pc performance issue... 

yes, i believe that too. I have 3gb of RAM and Intel Core Duo. Too little?

So for those people with the DNS & other issues how did you fix it? @WaddysWDS and @APCGrayLocked

As I have gone through everything multiple times & I just cannot get it to work, everything is setup correctly as far as I can see & my CMD Windows are identical to those shown. But for whatever reason I just cannot get it to pass the internet connection test.

I'm away from the machine at the moment so can't provide any screenshots, but can update later if needed. 

Basically I'm tearing my hair out because as far as I can see it should be working, so any pointers on what else to check would be a great help! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Adycakes said:

So for those people with the DNS & other issues how did you fix it? @WaddysWDS and @APCGrayLocked

As I have gone through everything multiple times & I just cannot get it to work, everything is setup correctly as far as I can see & my CMD Windows are identical to those shown. But for whatever reason I just cannot get it to pass the internet connection test.

I'm away from the machine at the moment so can't provide any screenshots, but can update later if needed. 

Basically I'm tearing my hair out because as far as I can see it should be working, so any pointers on what else to check would be a great help! Thanks!

Not sure when the last time you tried following the guide was, but the DNS guide has been updated in the last few days - the main change is that you should download the DNS config files and edit them now, instead of copy-pasting them from the guide (copy-pasting resulted in DNS issues for a lot of people). There is also a troubleshooting section at the bottom with things you can try to narrow down where the issue might be.

Finally feel free to post screenshots of your maradns & deadwood command prompts for us to have a look at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeM2k2 said:

Not sure when the last time you tried following the guide was, but the DNS guide has been updated in the last few days - the main change is that you should download the DNS config files and edit them now, instead of copy-pasting them from the guide (copy-pasting resulted in DNS issues for a lot of people). There is also a troubleshooting section at the bottom with things you can try to narrow down where the issue might be.

Finally feel free to post screenshots of your maradns & deadwood command prompts for us to have a look at.

Indeed, I followed the guide, step by step, and once I downloaded the files on my PC, I edited them in Notepad++

@Adycakes follow the guide again and use Notepad++ to edit the downloaded files, ne my case when trying to edit them with blocknote the codes appeared disordered.

Finally, having made those changes is your PC, reactivate everything again, if Deadwood was intalado, undo and re-instate, and when you have the PC configured go to your PS3 and configure all your network connection again.

Sorry for my English so bad, I am Spanish and my command of English is minimal, for long conversations I must use Google translator.

• Like 1

On 25/3/2018 at 3:22 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

Sorry for the double post, but according to playstationtrophies unachievable topic, here is other games that uses GameSpy:

- Age of Booty
- Blacklight: Tango Down (delisted, was a F2P)
- Blitz: The League II
- Gotham City: Impostors (delisted, was a F2P)
- Guardians Of Middle-Earth (delisted [although still available retail], was a F2P)
- Joe Danger 2: The Movie

Anyone here have one of them?

Plus, according to a normal internet research, NFS: The Run is linked to GameSpy. I have the game (MUD too), but i have ran out of space on my ps3. Anyone here have the game, so that the Autolog can be tested? Later i will see what game can i delete, so that i can install those remaining games.

EDIT: i've tried Ridge Racer: Unbounded, 007 Blood Stone, WARP and Burnout: Crash!. None of them work.

For Joe Danger 2:The Movie you need to upload and download a level for the 2 online trophies. Is this possible with GoneSpy?

20 minutes ago, hypersk_us said:

For Joe Danger 2:The Movie you need to upload and download a level for the 2 online trophies. Is this possible with GoneSpy?

i don't know, cuz i don't have the game.

@NeM2k2 it can be possibile to make ps3 believe that gonespy is also a multimedial server (so the upload/download trophies of various games can be unlocked)?

18 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

@NeM2k2 it can be possibile to make ps3 believe that gonespy is also a multimedial server (so the upload/download trophies of various games can be unlocked)?

It depends how/where the uploads happen. Gamespy does have a storage service - so if a game like Joe Danger 2 was uploading its levels there, it might be possible to have a dummy storage service in Gonespy that accepts uploads and just does nothing with them, which might unlock the upload trophies. For the download one, there would need to be a valid level available for download - one you previously uploaded might work.

Edited by NeM2k2
  • Like 2