Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

One more down...

32Ld4c2c3.png

:bronze: Fantastic TCS! 
Activated a Triple Counter Stop at full power.

I think I could've gotten this one last week too. 1f605.png For this trophy, you need to deal 30B damage against a group of enemies... I just dealt 50B+ (against 10 enemies), & I'm still only around 410K shampurus. J7fIzcd.png

Congrats :yay: .

On 6/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

update time!

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 68%
  • Sadist: 64%
  • Tsundere: 64%
  • Ditz:  62%
  • Terse: 64%
  • Hyper: 68%
  • Graceful: 62%
  • Masochist: 62%

Shampurus: 487,499

Playthroughs: 14

Play Time: 351:09:11

Trophies: 45/51

Yeah, Hyper is tied with Ego for being my highest affinity and Masochist, Ditzand Graceful are all tied for being my lowest affinities.

Nice work :yay: .

• Like 2

Shampurus: 1054

Playthroughs: First

Play Time: 3:31:43

Trophies: 12/51

Just had a random G castle battle in the Mugen Field that raised my level from 13 to 39. Not that I need it with the DLC stuff, but still nice to be overleveled early xD Time to advance the story, then. That, or see if I can finally peon the second continent in Sun World.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Just had a random G castle battle in the Mugen Field that raised my level from 13 to 39. Not that I need it with the DLC stuff, but still nice to be overleveled early xD Time to advance the story, then. That, or see if I can finally peon the second continent in Sun World.

Nice, please know that you won't be able to peon the 2nd continent until much later in the game. I'm passing this information on so you don't waste your time for a few hrs like I did. This is true for several worlds.

Edit

Got the 10,000,000,000 damage trophy.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Nice, please know that you won't be able to peon the 2nd continent until much later in the game. I'm passing this information on so you don't waste your time for a few hrs like I did. This is true for several worlds.

Edit

Will keep that in mind, thanks for letting me know.

And congratulations.

Shampurus: 2108

Play Time: 5:06:39

Trophies: 14/51

My strategy right now is to peon everything if the large crystal matches Chou-Chou's current personality and ignore it otherwise unless it's a story-related battle. If I can't peon the enemies in a story-related battle, I'll just piss them off by failing the moe kill & completely filling the frenzy bar for additional shampurus.

That said, the Moon World now belongs to Chou-Chou.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

Time to advance the story, then. That, or see if I can finally peon the second continent in Sun World.

Yeah, like Rick said, you won't be able to do that one till later (chapter 8 if I recall), you should be able to peon everything by chapter 9.

5 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I did the same thing the first time I played this game. J7fIzcd.png I wasted so much time trying to figure out how to peon those continents, just to find out it was story related. sweetdrop onion head

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

Seeing as I haven't done anything lately, I loaded up my save file to see what I have to do left, and i'm surprised at the amount that I have collected so far with the amount of hours I have spent since I last played the game over 2 years ago:

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 87%
  • Sadist: 92%
  • Tsundere: 92%
  • Ditz:  91%
  • Terse: 92%
  • Hyper: 87%
  • Graceful: 87%
  • Masochist: 91%

Average Charm Level: 89%

Shampurus: 630,236

Playthroughs: 10

Play Time: 241:27:23

Trophies: 48/51

I've almost maxed out the Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 9, Tier 10, Tier 11, Tier 12, and I have Tiers 13 and 14 maxed. All I need to max out from the first 3 tiers are the last ones under the Special category.

For the Tier 9: the first one, fifth one, and sixth one.

For the Tier 10: the first one, fifth one, and sixth one.

For the Tier 11: the first one, the second one, and the fifth one.

For the Tier 12: the first one, the third one, and the fourth one.

I don't know all of their names off by heart, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which ones I am referring to.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Seeing as I haven't done anything lately, I loaded up my save file to see what I have to do left, and i'm surprised at the amount that I have collected so far with the amount of hours I have spent since I last played the game over 2 years ago:

Charm Levels:

I've almost maxed out the Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 9, Tier 10, Tier 11, Tier 12, and I have Tiers 13 and 14 maxed. All I need to max out from the first 3 tiers are the last ones under the Special category.

I don't know all of their names off by heart, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which ones I am referring to.

Nice! I saw you hop on it before I got off for the day to go to sleep. Start now and you can beat everyone to the plat (that didn't already have it)

Just now, Rick_Sanchez said:

Nice! I saw you hop on it before I got off for the day to go to sleep. Start now and you can beat everyone to the plat (that didn't already have it)

I could, but then I would have to do a lot more research on what I have to do for getting the ultimate Chou-Chou, since the last time I played, I kept of peon fusing to make Chou-Chou stronger.

I know that getting certain Shampurus to drop requires me to go through the Mugen Field, but I don't want to try that yet unless it is the only option for me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, viech54 said:

How is the game so far?

20 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Nice, congrats :yay: .

15 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Charm Levels:

Nice, that's a lot of progress. You may actually beat @Masamune and @Rick_Sanchez with obtaining the plat before them :hmm: .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How is the game so far? .

I don't like how the enemies and allies take that long for their turns (loading times in general are too long in this game even for a PS3 game), it's just some math to determine the damage & I'm skipping the animation because the graphics quite literally hurt my eyes. I don't think it's because the PS3 graphics are outdated. I've never been too concerned with graphics, but this game somehow gets to me. The character sprites are alright, the rest not so much. It doesn' look good at all. I also realized once again why I prefer serious stories over comedy. It's not my kind of humor. The music could be better as well. It's average, I've heard worse and also much better music in games.

So, yeah, mainly complaints so far. I won't drop the game, but will definitely watch videos or listen to music starting in NG+.

Shampurus: 4921

Play Time: 9:28:20

Trophies: 18/51

Chou-Chou got another playground in the Water World. My own Peon Ball wiped out the party once. Don't know why, didn't use it. Can the Peon Ball do that when I don't use it or was it a bug?

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

I don't like how the enemies and allies take that long for their turns (loading times in general are too long in this game even for a PS3 game), it's just some math to determine the damage & I'm skipping the animation because the graphics quite literally hurt my eyes. I don't think it's because the PS3 graphics are outdated. I've never been too concerned with graphics, but this game somehow gets to me. The character sprites are alright, the rest not so much. It doesn' look good at all. I also realized once again why I prefer serious stories over comedy. It's not my kind of humor. The music could be better as well. It's average, I've heard worse and also much better music in games.

So, yeah, mainly complaints so far. I won't drop the game, but will definitely watch videos or listen to music starting in NG+.

Shampurus: 4921

Play Time: 9:28:20

Trophies: 18/51

Chou-Chou got another playground in the Water World. My own Peon Ball wiped out the party once. Don't know why, didn't use it. Can the Peon Ball do that when I don't use it or was it a bug?

There's a percentage in the upper left corner that determines the chance of the peon ball self-destructing, it has a 99.9% chance of killing your party. To avoid this there's several ways:

frenzy an enemy, have the small peon ball selection thing on the right side on the blue H selection which can be changed with triangle, then moe kill the big crystal, your entire party will recover and the % will go back to 0.

You can also activate Peon Command with L2 when Chou-Chou has her turn active and on your party member's turns follow the command to lower the %.

Alternatively you can make this a moot issue by putting Chou-Chou in the 4th party member slot with no other party members and it will never kill you due to a glitch in the game.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, viech54 said:

You can also just play without Chou-Chou in your party, however that's highly inadvisable. :P Personally I just play solo with CC in the 4th slot, this game can be easily beaten like so. The only thing you need multiple party members for is getting the 999 hits trophy, other than that, Chou-Chou is pulling all the weight. J7fIzcd.png

But if you do insist on using a full party, try to avoid getting them KOed, that'll increase your explosion rate pretty quickly. Also peoning single enemies with your ball set to heal (or doing Rick's first option) is probably the best way to lower it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

If your Peon Ball overloads, it frequently nukes your entire party.  And there are a number of ways to ramp up the overload gauge that make this a real threat, two of the prominent ones being (1) party members dying or (2) turning on the mode that asks you to have your Peons perform specific tasks and then not following instructions.  Fortunately, there are also ways to bring that percentage back down if you need to, the most prominent being Moe Charming enemy units (excepting charming everything at once to end a battle -- the battle ends before it calculates a reduction in the overload percentage).

Along the lines of that latter, you should be able to bring the overload percentage all the way down to 0% if you frenzy one enemy and then Moe Charm the Big Crystal.  At least, I recall it working that way.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

There's a percentage in the upper left corner that determines the chance of the peon ball self-destructing, it has a 99.9% chance of killing your party. To avoid this there's several ways:

frenzy an enemy, have the small peon ball selection thing on the right side on the blue H selection which can be changed with triangle, then moe kill the big crystal, your entire party will recover and the % will go back to 0.

You can also activate Peon Command with L2 when Chou-Chou has her turn active and on your party member's turns follow the command to lower the %.

Alternatively you can make this a moot issue by putting Chou-Chou in the 4th party member slot with no other party members and it will never kill you due to a glitch in the game.

16 hours ago, Masamune said:

You can also just play without Chou-Chou in your party, however that's highly inadvisable. :P Personally I just play solo with CC in the 4th slot, this game can be easily beaten like so. The only thing you need multiple party members for is getting the 999 hits trophy, other than that, Chou-Chou is pulling all the weight. J7fIzcd.png

But if you do insist on using a full party, try to avoid getting them KOed, that'll increase your explosion rate pretty quickly. Also peoning single enemies with your ball set to heal (or doing Rick's first option) is probably the best way to lower it.

13 hours ago, acasser said:

If your Peon Ball overloads, it frequently nukes your entire party.  And there are a number of ways to ramp up the overload gauge that make this a real threat, two of the prominent ones being (1) party members dying or (2) turning on the mode that asks you to have your Peons perform specific tasks and then not following instructions.  Fortunately, there are also ways to bring that percentage back down if you need to, the most prominent being Moe Charming enemy units (excepting charming everything at once to end a battle -- the battle ends before it calculates a reduction in the overload percentage).

Along the lines of that latter, you should be able to bring the overload percentage all the way down to 0% if you frenzy one enemy and then Moe Charm the Big Crystal.  At least, I recall it working that way.

I've added these posts to the OP. Does this also apply to MSZ?

• Like 1

Update time before I go on vacation this Saturday. I'm going to have to spend more time then I planned on fusing due to my own stupidity.

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 68%
  • Sadist: 72%
  • Tsundere: 72%
  • Ditz:  62%
  • Terse: 72%
  • Hyper: 68%
  • Graceful: 62%
  • Masochist: 62%

Average Charm Level: 67%

Shampurus: 504,799

Playthroughs: 14

Play Time: 371:56:46

Trophies: 46/51

• Like 1

@Rick_Sanchez have you tried getting the latter-tiered Shampuru? Because I don't know how you managed to get close to 375 hours and still have the average charm level at 67%. If you work on getting the tier 12-14 Shampurus, then your average will climb a lot faster.

The Galactic God Arena gives all tier 12 Shampurus, and Boss Returns give all tier 13 and 14 Shampurus.

• Like 1

@GarciaFever Yes and no, I mainly focused on the lower tier shampurus first and worked my way up and did several new game plus runs all the way through true end but now I realized that was a mistake (The lower tier grinding, not the NG+ runs). I'll correct that after I get chou-chou at 600% stats via fusion.

my numbers go like so:

Tier 1: All 9999

Tier 2: 7955, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9260

Tier 3: 9999, 9999, 8084, 9999, 9999, 6170, 6429

Tier 4: 9999, 7967, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999 ,5052

Tier 5: 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 1348

Tier 6: 7878, 9999, 6019, 9362, 9999, 7596, 1311

Tier 7: 263, 5877, 6081, 4449, 109, 3488, 270

Tier 8: 3737, 3462, 7379, 9999, 5654, 1176, 307

Tier 9: 67, 875, 1460, 38, 85, 185, 352

Tier 10: 71, 91, 52, 74, 31, 20, 9999

Tier 11: 11, 21, 91, 74, 97, 178, 9999

Tier 12: 144, 305, 136, 212, 368, 263

Tier 13: 498, 7996, 375, 3988, 355, 7125

Tier 14: 450, 200, 720, 475, 450, 100

Tier 15: 6055, 4330, 6345, 5820, 3420, 4145

may have mis-typed a few but that's pretty much my count as of now. Also a lot of my time is due to me leaving to get a bite to eat and dozing off for a small while with the game running while playing it.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Update time before I go on vacation this Saturday. I'm going to have to spend more time then I planned on fusing due to my own stupidity.

I got my Chou-Chou up to 400%+ status up value, with my "Seven" weapon & 4 ultimate armors (2 of each), I'm plenty strong enough to clear Overwhelming Apocalypse. So you don't have to max it completely, I probably won't go much further with it myself since I recently capped the fusion cost at 99M (I think I have enough MP for 7-8 more fusions?). :hmm: 

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

@Rick_Sanchez have you tried getting the latter-tiered Shampuru? Because I don't know how you managed to get close to 375 hours and still have the average charm level at 67%. If you work on getting the tier 12-14 Shampurus, then your average will climb a lot faster.

The Galactic God Arena gives all tier 12 Shampurus, and Boss Returns give all tier 13 and 14 Shampurus.

That's what I did, I started out farming Boss Returns & maxed out my 13/14s last night (my charm is in the upper 80s), now I can farm the weaker ones directly, without having to worry about that damn large crystal. UXKndt7.png

14 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Damn that's pretty good in regards to maxing out the early tiers. Which fields did you go to for the tiers 4-6?

No fields at all, I farmed master points that dropped them.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5635093-post65.html

Didn't have to annoy myself with the mugen field for those tiers with master points. Yes you probably get less per fight but you can spam the fights faster than menuing through the mugen field. That's also where a ton of my time came from.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

No fields at all, I farmed master points that dropped them.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5635093-post65.html

Didn't have to annoy myself with the mugen field for those tiers with master points. Yes you probably get less per fight but you can spam the fights faster than menuing through the mugen field.

I prefer the Master Points as well, I think it's actually quicker (& safer).

• Like 1