Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

I’m currently on Chapter 12 on Mugen Souls Z. I should be on the path to the true ending, I’ve seen the necessary skits in the Mugen Field (except Chapter 13 since I’m not on it yet) and all my charm levels are now at 15/16%. However I have some questions about post game stuff if anyone ( @NanaCheese94 @acasser @Masamune) can answer.

How many of the 4 characters I’ll be using do I want to get to level 9999? Some people say to leave one character at a much lower level because it can make things easier.

Where do I start with post-game stuff? Do I want to start by working through the Mugen Field on as high a bet as I can survive while working towards level 9999? When do I want to start levelling up peons for peon fusion? Is it worth giving characters conditional skills via peon fusion once I have those skills to be transferred or should I wait untilI can get peons to level 9999 easily?

Where I currently am in the game I know I’m underlevelled (both level and equipment) because I’m getting my ass handed to me in most fights (then again I haven’t been using Blast Off at all since it can damage you so that might be my problem as well) so I’m thinking I want to fast track the platinum by getting some of the paid DLC. Looking at what’s there I would get the DLCs with the best weapons, best armour and 100,000 G Ups. Will getting these cut my plat time down a lot?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m currently on Chapter 12 on Mugen Souls Z. I should be on the path to the true ending, I’ve seen the necessary skits in the Mugen Field (except Chapter 13 since I’m not on it yet) and all my charm levels are now at 15/16%. However I have some questions about post game stuff if anyone ( @NanaCheese94 @acasser @Masamune) can answer.

How many of the 4 characters I’ll be using do I want to get to level 9999? Some people say to leave one character at a much lower level because it can make things easier.

Where do I start with post-game stuff? Do I want to start by working through the Mugen Field on as high a bet as I can survive while working towards level 9999? When do I want to start levelling up peons for peon fusion? Is it worth giving characters conditional skills via peon fusion once I have those skills to be transferred or should I wait untilI can get peons to level 9999 easily?

Where I currently am in the game I know I’m underlevelled (both level and equipment) because I’m getting my ass handed to me in most fights (then again I haven’t been using Blast Off at all since it can damage you so that might be my problem as well) so I’m thinking I want to fast track the platinum by getting some of the paid DLC. Looking at what’s there I would get the DLCs with the best weapons, best armour and 100,000 G Ups. Will getting these cut my plat time down a lot?

So, it's been a while since I played it, but when you are entering post game, what is most important is that you master the blast off gold farming technique. Levels are literally not important at all, besides going for peon fusion, which I personally didn't need to get the Platinum in the end.

Leveling up only increases your stats marginaly, you will get much much better results from upgrading or crafting better armor or weapons in the shop. Anotehr reason why leveling up too much is bad is that the enemies in the Mugen field scale with the level of Syrma.

In the Guide I wrote you can learn about how money farming works, it is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. For that you need to blast off the enemies into the sky anyways, that almost never harms any of your characters.

Money farming works best in the mugen field, even on lower bets so you will makegood progress there too eventually, and pick up a lot of items. Don't get intimidated by the post game bosses. All you need is better armor and mastery of charming the big crystal to succeed. (also detailed in the guide) I wouldn't buy any DLC tbh, upgrading your weapons and armor will do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Like Nana said, levels play a very little part in this game (getting some good equipment should be more than enough for just the plat), you need to get one character to 9999 for a trophy, but that's it. Messing with fusion will probably take more time than it would save (I don't think I did a singe fusion during my run). & the reason people say to keep 1 (Syrma?) at a low level is probably because Mugen Field's enemies get stronger as you level, so keeping Syrma at a lower level would make things a little easier on you (I kept her at Lv1000 most of the time, then maxed her towards the end, but I didn't notice that much of a difference in terms of difficulty). :hmm: 

Like Nana said (again :P ), once you hit post-game, you'll want (have) to start grinding G so you can power-up your equipment to max. There's a fairly large difficulty spike between the main story & post-game, & you won't survive long without good equipment.

As for the Blast Off damage, getting an Impact Damage Restore matter will solve that problem, that'll make all the damage you would receive heal you instead. I don't know what kind of paid DLC there is since I didn't bother with it, but if any do have the best armor, it'd probably shave off some time getting it like that, but I doubt that much unless you already have enough G/G UP to fully upgrade it as soon as you get it.

• Like 2

@NanaCheese94 @Masamune Thanks for the replies. I’ll decide what characters to use once I’m in post-game and level them up a little bit. I was going through some of the Challenge World challenges yesterday so I have a better feel for using Blast Off and getting Fever Time which will help. I’ve been using the free DLC weapons/armour until now and they’ve been working well but I’ll start farming some G to upgrade my equipment and see how I go. Everything I’ve been reading about the post-game talks about Peon Fusion to get better stats and useful Conditional Skills but if it’s not too important I won’t worry about it to much and just muck around with it as I play the game.

@NanaCheese94 @Masamune Thanks for the replies. I’ll decide what characters to use once I’m in post-game and level them up a little bit. I was going through some of the Challenge World challenges yesterday so I have a better feel for using Blast Off and getting Fever Time which will help. I’ve been using the free DLC weapons/armour until now and they’ve been working well but I’ll start farming some G to upgrade my equipment and see how I go. Everything I’ve been reading about the post-game talks about Peon Fusion to get better stats and useful Conditional Skills but if it’s not too important I won’t worry about it to much and just muck around with it as I play the game.

2 characters that will probably come in handy are actually Elka & Bertram (because of their revival ability), when farming some of the tougher fights, that ability can be the difference between winning & a game over (I relied on it quite a lot). But if you don't care for them, you can always make some peons with a similar ability, & even pass it on via fusion to someone else (although the story character's versions are a little better).

11 minutes ago, Masamune said:

2 characters that will probably come in handy are actually Elka & Bertram (because of their revival ability), when farming some of the tougher fights, that ability can be the difference between winning & a game over (I relied on it quite a lot). But if you don't care for them, you can always make some peons with a similar ability, & even pass it on via fusion to someone else (although the story character's versions are a little better).

Another character with revival would be useful as relying solely on Syrma is time consuming and I don’t want to burn through all my revival items. I just had a go at Fever Time using the method @NanaCheese94 posted in the guide and made 571K Gold which is about 40% of my total current Gold so I know what I’m doing for the next little while lol.

Another character with revival would be useful as relying solely on Syrma is time consuming and I don’t want to burn through all my revival items. I just had a go at Fever Time using the method @NanaCheese94 posted in the guide and made 571K Gold which is about 40% of my total current Gold so I know what I’m doing for the next little while lol.

Ah, I was referring to the Conditional Skill they have that gives them a 16% chance of auto-revival when they're KOed, not a revival skill (you should come across plenty of characters that have that skill). I relied on items myself... I went through buckets of the chocolate revival items in the DLC battles. J7fIzcd.png

3 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Ah, I was referring to the Conditional Skill they have that gives them a 16% chance of auto-revival when they're KOed, not a revival skill (you should come across plenty of characters that have that skill). I relied on items myself... I went through buckets of the chocolate revival items in the DLC battles. J7fIzcd.png

Ahh right then. I’ll probably look at characters that have good AoE Skills and see who else has a revival Skill. Making millions of G now as well so I’ll go through the Mugen Field as long as possible then upgrade my gear for the final chapter.

• Like 1

@FilmFanatic I forgot to mention, but once you start getting a lot of tickets, try to focus on unlocking all the Shampuru boosts (the sooner you do that, the less grinding you'll have to do later). You can run into ticket shops in the Mugen Field rest stops where you can just buy tickets too, but the higher level ones do get pretty expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

@FilmFanatic I forgot to mention, but once you start getting a lot of tickets, try to focus on unlocking all the Shampuru boosts (the sooner you do that, the less grinding you'll have to do later). You can run into ticket shops in the Mugen Field rest stops where you can just buy tickets too, but the higher level ones do get pretty expensive.

Yeah I had seen those boosts in the shop but had no tickets. I’m on my way to Floor 60 on the Whimsy route (supposedly a better chance on this route) so I’m going to see if I can save scum the Ticket Shop being at the rest point and buy what I can.

5 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Yeah I had seen those boosts in the shop but had no tickets. I’m on my way to Floor 60 on the Whimsy route (supposedly a better chance on this route) so I’m going to see if I can save scum the Ticket Shop being at the rest point and buy what I can.

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

Looks like you figured it out :D Fever time is your best friend. Like @Masamune mentioned, conditional skills are the only thing that were very useful to me that came out of peon fusion. i forgot to mention it myself. Here you'll find a list of conditional skills and on which peons you can find themon, how to unlock them:
http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Conditional_Skills_list_(Mugen_Souls_Z)

There are skills that are very good for farming rare items (stealing skills) and there are skills that esentially make you immune to physical damage once your health goes under a certain limit. (Golden Runner)

It will probably help if you read about it a little more, maybe you'll find some more skills that you're interested in.

• Like 2

Although the final fight was somewhat of a bitch (took me 4 or 5 attempts) I’ve finished the game getting the True Ending. I’ve decided on a post-game team of Chou-Chou, Syrma, Dees and Sandy. It’s practically Sunday now so I’ll game for a few more hours concentrating on farming G to buy tickets to increase all types of earnings in the Mugen Field and MP because I’ll need a bunch and to increase defence slots and whatever else I need for my team. @NanaCheese94 Fever Time is definitely my friend at the moment and once I’ve got some better gear I’ll start looking at Conditional Skills that will be useful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Although the final fight was somewhat of a bitch (took me 4 or 5 attempts) I’ve finished the game getting the True Ending. I’ve decided on a post-game team of Chou-Chou, Syrma, Dees and Sandy. It’s practically Sunday now so I’ll game for a few more hours concentrating on farming G to buy tickets to increase all types of earnings in the Mugen Field and MP because I’ll need a bunch and to increase defence slots and whatever else I need for my team. @NanaCheese94 Fever Time is definitely my friend at the moment and once I’ve got some better gear I’ll start looking at Conditional Skills that will be useful.

That sounds very promising! Good luck with the Platinum, your on a good way

• Like 1

Okay, it's Saturday (at least for me :P), I gotta get some work done on Mugen Souls today! UXKndt7.png

This should work as a good motivator... most of the lyrics are just "gotta go to work". J7fIzcd.png

Yeah, I listen to some pretty weird stuff... if any of you remember the days of the SV (I'd consider you a veteran of the site if you do), you probably already knew that. :P 

• Like 1

Second update

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 74%
  • Sadist: 79%
  • Tsundere: 79%
  • Ditz77%
  • Terse: 79%
  • Hyper: 74%
  • Graceful: 77%
  • Masochist: 77%

Shampurus: 617,985

Play Time: 154:35:33

Tier 1: All 9999

Tier 2: 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 8763

Tier 3: 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 5392

Tier 4: 6056, 4215, 9999, 9999, 5298, 9935, 5340 <- Experiment 4

Tier 5: 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 938

Tier 6: 284, 3958, 4101, 5590, 158, 1904, 7028 <- CPU Little Sis

Tier 7: 71, 4972, 5407, 3844, 35, 2837, 305

Tier 8: 9545, 4817, 9999, 9999, 9999, 2963, 0

Tier 9: 32, 9999, 9999, 9999, 7000, 2697, 16

Tier 10: 9999, 6616, 9999, 9999, 1672, 3470, 9999

Tier 11: 49, 2100, 9999, 9999, 5096, 9999, 9999

Tier 12: 9, 9999, 5500, 1907, 9999, 9999

Tier 13: 26, 7, 0, 7, 0, 14

Tier 14: No Shampuru 

Tier 15: 7560, 5600, 8380, 6760, 4380, 5330

Haven't touched boss returns yet so my tier 13 and 14 haven't had the chance to grow, and tier 4's non special Shampuru aren't all maxed simply because I felt like grinding out something else. Moving on to maxing Experiment 4 and CPU Little Sis. I took a break from the game at 120 hours so my time hasn't increased all that much and I'm not playing it exclusively either unlike before, might revert back to doing so if I'm feeling competitive and someone's shooting for first :awesome:
Edited by Mattemery
Changing ditziness to ditz, didn't check before sending because I didn't want it to crash after adding the colors :P
  • Like 3

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 90%
  • Sadist: 92%
  • Tsundere: 92%
  • Ditz:  91%
  • Terse: 92%
  • Hyper: 90%
  • Graceful: 90%
  • Masochist: 91%

Shampurus: 553,530

Playthroughs: 10

Play Time: 146:47:31

Trophies: 48/51

Not only did I make it to my halfway-point goal, I surpassed it by 50K. J7fIzcd.png I also got all my charm levels to 90% or above, as well as cleared a couple more playthroughs! :yay: Pretty good week. UXKndt7.png

On 6/20/2018 at 1:34 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Congrats! l guess I'll try for this one next. You maxed out the pp to 999 then peon balled yes? If so, I'll nab this and 10 billion damage at once.

Sorry, somehow I missed your post. ? But yes, max your PP & just nuke a large group of enemies (I used the Arena of Strength battle, you should be able to find 10+ enemies there). You also need to have Chou-Chou equipped with Undisputed God Charge, that'll increase your damage by whatever your charm level is.

• Like 2

What stats and matters should I be aiming for to do boss returns and how should I go about obtaining them? Defense is 31mil with 2 briefs, a crown, and a crazy aura belt for movement, and my hp is at 10.5mil. I haven't got any matters equipped either. Hopefully obtaining what's required doesn't take too long I'd like to get back to grinding mindlessly :P

• Like 1

So I decided to give in and buy 3 of the DLCs yesterday. I now have the best weapons and armour in the game and got the 999,999 GUps so I can get any equipment to level 999 however I now need to grind out 10.3 billion G to upgrade it all. Even though you can get all this stuff by playing the game naturally I decided to shortcut it because I would rather grind G and at the same time Mugen Points than have to farm enemies to get a weapon then farm more enemies to upgrade to the next weapon and so on. I did also get the game for free from PS+ so buying a few DLCs isn’t really different to buying the game and not getting paid DLC. I’ll spend the next few evenings farming MPs so I can upgrade my Damage Carnival (currently at 7/9 upgrades) then start grinding Fever Time for G.

• Like 1

Nice work with all the progress. It's also great to see so many people still aiming to complete a game from this event :D .

@Masamune @Rick_Sanchez @GarciaFever Masamune reminded me of those intros, so since all of you are getting close to platting Mugen Souls you get an intro in the OP. If you want, you can write your own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice work with all the progress. It's also great to see so many people still aiming to complete a game from this event :D .

@Masamune @Rick_Sanchez @GarciaFever Masamune reminded me of those intros, so since all of you are getting close to platting Mugen Souls you get an intro in the OP. If you want, you can write your own.

I'm bad at writing things so write mine if you don't mind :)

So I'm abandoning my peon fusion idea, spent way too long doing it and got nowhere. Did get most of chou-chou to almost 200% stats so that's something

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

@Dragon-Archon I don't know about writing a good intro like you do, but here is what I can come up with so far:

"From second place in both season 1 and season 2 of the Trophy Hunters League in the platinum rank, to crunching some numbers in the Shonen Jump - Reborn PP, and now letting the world know of his existence through the PSNP Interviews, Garciafever has been battling through the sickness and the plague to become the person that he is today. So far, Garciafever has been struggling through the Shampuru brigade, trying desperately to become the next Undisputed God of Mugen Souls. Even with his vast amounts of experience with anime and JRPGs, will he be able to reach the height of trophy hunting success upon conquering Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z?"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattemery said:

What stats and matters should I be aiming for to do boss returns and how should I go about obtaining them? Defense is 31mil with 2 briefs, a crown, and a crazy aura belt for movement, and my hp is at 10.5mil. I haven't got any matters equipped either. Hopefully obtaining what's required doesn't take too long I'd like to get back to grinding mindlessly :P

The main matter you'll want to get is 100 Self-Defense, that'll double all the stats of your armor. Phys. Damage Down, & Magic Damage Down is also good to have (caps at 50), as well as HP Auto-Restore (caps at 25). Enemy Ability Decay is really good too, however it's extremely expensive to make, & you shouldn't really need it unless you plan on doing Overwhelming Apocalypse. 

That's the main ones I use (besides level up bonuses, & EXP/G/MP ups), you may want to get the Defense Coordinator, & Hazard Map innate skill on Chou-Chou, that'll protect you from all status effects (only downside is each one reduces healing spells down 50%, but that won't matter if you have HP Auto-Restore). If you don't get the innate skills, then at least get the matter that'll protect you from instant death, paralysis, move seal... & maybe sleep as well (each of them cap at 300). :hmm: 

The matter change list shows where you can get all that stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gp62wHYlAIM9zVSggFKCQAryusG0UjAn8ZPvaJYWxXg/edit#gid=17

While the innate skills can be gotten from the Swindler, & Gamblin' Lady peons (they learn them on the 10th floor of Mugen Field).

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You can come up with something for mine, I was quite satisfied with the one I got in the Epic Quest. UXKndt7.png

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

So I'm abandoning my peon fusion idea, spent way too long doing it and got nowhere. Did get most of chou-chou to almost 200% stats so that's something

How did you mess up? I could list what I did if you want (although it's mostly what's listed in the Shampuru guide). :hmm: 

29 minutes ago, Masamune said:

How did you mess up? I could list what I did if you want (although it's mostly what's listed in the Shampuru guide). :hmm: 

I didn't mess up, but I spent hours on it and got no where fast. 

I was using the vanagard - metalic lady switch back n forth but it started getting expensive and I grinned to a halt.

Well, I was using 3 sets of them but still even then it was slow and I got tired of resetting for a good affinity in counter banana.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I didn't mess up, but I spent hours on it and got no where fast. 

I was using the vanagard - metalic lady switch back n forth but it started getting expensive and I grinned to a halt.

Yeah, it starts to eat away at MP pretty fast, I've capped my cost at 99M (for the Peons at least, not Chou-Chou). But I just did all my work while grinding Boss Returns, it gives pretty good EXP (by the time I finished with that, my Peon's values were nearing 500%, & CC's was around 400%). I still have some MP left, but since I'm doing the weaker fights right now, I'm not getting very much EXP, so I put that on pause for now (probably till I start solely doing Overwhelming Apocalypse).

Oh, & I've been bringing the peons to Lv5000 before fusing them, not 1000. So that helps cut down the times needed to fuse.

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1