Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

14 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

Pro tip: if you're Chou Chou is sufficiently leveled and geared up, go into the Mugen Field with just her in the 4th slot with the first 3 slots empty.

Why? Because it glitches out the peon ball, when it explodes, it doesn't do any damage to you, negating one of the big worries of the area.

Fox is talking about Mugen Souls Z, no idea if glitches like that work in both games.

Maybe we should start adding the MGZ or MG in front of posts so we know which game it is about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Fox is talking about Mugen Souls Z, no idea if glitches like that work in both games.

Maybe we should start adding the MGZ or MG in front of posts so we know which game it is about.

Oh true, he did mention how he was doing Mugen Souls Z and was only thinking about the original Mugen Souls. Given how similar these games are, i would not be surprised if that glitch was still in Z, Can anyone confirm if it's in Mugen Souls Z as well?

Edited by Orphioon

Just now, PermaFox said:

I'll preface my posts with MSZ so we know what game I'm on.  Don't know if I have Chou Chou is part of my team yet.  If and once I do, I'll confirm is the glitch is still in.

It doesnt depend on Chou-CHou in MGZ, you now have Syrma and her Ultimate Soul. It's essentialy the same thing. So if you can test out if the glitch works with her too that would be great

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Maybe @acasser knows a surefire way to get the 999 combo?

I believe that I did this through launching enemies during Fever Time.

Obviously, you'll need your Blast Off gauge to be completely full before you nuke a crystal to instigate things.  You'll also want your four characters to be acting one after another.  My recollection is that I used lowest-tier magic (Fire, not Ogre Fire or Dragon Fire or God Fire) because that generates very little wait/delay after a skill and thus allows your characters to get their next turns quickly.  Some of them allow for Blast Off, some of them do not, so you've got to pay attention to which skills you use.

It also helps if you get rid of most of the enemies, leaving just one who is buff enough to withstand several attacks.  One of the higher-difficulty challenges from G-Castle should work, while using Syrma (and maybe Chou-Chou as well) to captivate enemies to get them out of the way.  Then you need to wait for that enemy to use a skill that generates substantial wait/delay as to give you even more time with which to work -- enough that you might still be able to take some actions after Fever Time ends "just in case" you aren't to the magic number just yet, so that you can use other skills with large Blast Off to simply pinball the enemy around the map.

I could be completely wrong, and I could be completely mis-remembering things.  But that's what comes to mind when I try to think about how I did this trophy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cake said:

@Dragon-ArchonSorry about my lateness in picking my trophies. For Undisputed God I'll take Chou-Chou's Ego form & for Ultimate God I'll take Syrma's Graceful form. Thanks.

Don't worry about it. I'll get on it. Which username do you want on the trophies?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

4 hours ago, acasser said:

I believe that I did this through launching enemies during Fever Time.

Obviously, you'll need your Blast Off gauge to be completely full before you nuke a crystal to instigate things.  You'll also want your four characters to be acting one after another.  My recollection is that I used lowest-tier magic (Fire, not Ogre Fire or Dragon Fire or God Fire) because that generates very little wait/delay after a skill and thus allows your characters to get their next turns quickly.  Some of them allow for Blast Off, some of them do not, so you've got to pay attention to which skills you use.

It also helps if you get rid of most of the enemies, leaving just one who is buff enough to withstand several attacks.  One of the higher-difficulty challenges from G-Castle should work, while using Syrma (and maybe Chou-Chou as well) to captivate enemies to get them out of the way.  Then you need to wait for that enemy to use a skill that generates substantial wait/delay as to give you even more time with which to work -- enough that you might still be able to take some actions after Fever Time ends "just in case" you aren't to the magic number just yet, so that you can use other skills with large Blast Off to simply pinball the enemy around the map.

I could be completely wrong, and I could be completely mis-remembering things.  But that's what comes to mind when I try to think about how I did this trophy.

I remember something similar from a thread I read elsewhere (btw, I only recently discovered that some of the things I read on gamefaqs where actually written by you lol)

So the idea is:

1. Build up Blast off power to Maximum, by using God skills for example. (Alternatively use lowest tier skills to keep delay down)

2. Kill all enemies but one big one

3. While doing this work on pissing off the big crystal to activate fever time (but not triggering it yet)

4. Wait till Enemy uses strong attack that will put all four characters in order

5. Activate fever time and blast the enemy into the blue orbs

6. Hope for the best

I remember that another tactic is, to bounce a big enemy between an orb and your own character (who's standing below an orb) but I was never able to use this consistently

If anyone could test this out during normal play it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I remember something similar from a thread I read elsewhere (btw, I only recently discovered that some of the things I read on gamefaqs where actually written by you lol)

So the idea is:

1. Build up Blast off power to Maximum, by using God skills for example. (Alternatively use lowest tier skills to keep delay down)

2. Kill all enemies but one big one

3. While doing this work on pissing off the big crystal to activate fever time (but not triggering it yet)

4. Wait till Enemy uses strong attack that will put all four characters in order

5. Activate fever time and blast the enemy into the blue orbs

6. Hope for the best

I remember that another tactic is, to bounce a big enemy between an orb and your own character (who's standing below an orb) but I was never able to use this consistently

If anyone could test this out during normal play it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh! Reading this got me to remember how I did it. I got the trophy in challenge world. The fight against that stupid rabbit enemy. I don't remember the name of the fight or how far down the list it is, but he has a ridiculous amount of HP, so he's good for this. I did everything you said on him. Build blast off power, kill his minions, wait until he uses his special, it has a long cool down time and all your characters get 3 or 4 turns in a row. Frenzy the crystal to make him more powerful then bounce Carrots around the screen. Yes, your characters are placed under or somewhere near the orb so no matter where he lands somebody is near him to blast him again. That's where I got the combo.

If you guys can wait until you get to that fight I found it the perfect spot to do it. I'm sure there are other places to get it, but that's just where I got the trophy at. Hope it helps.

@Dragon-ArchonJust Cake would be fine. I appreciate it.  

14 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Great posts on that 999 hit sequence.  I was going to try Challenge World next, so will keep this in mind as I work through.  Also will try the glitch in the Mugen Field.

Thx, please let me know if and how well the 999 strategy works. I will include it into the guide if it's doable

15 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Thx, please let me know if and how well the 999 strategy works. I will include it into the guide if it's doable

How's the guide writing going?

4 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Due to an unfortunate accident at home, I'm not able to go into work tonight so I am starting tonight. 

I hope you're alright. Have fun with the game.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How's the guide writing going?

I hope you're alright. Have fun with the game.

thanks, took a moment to get back into the swing of things. Haven't touched it in like 6 years. My laptop had the most damage done.

IMG_20180417_195237.jpg?width=226&height=301

as I fell I hit the table it was on and it knocked over into my dresser and the laptop slammed against the top of it and cracked up mostly on one side. At least it wasn't damaged to where I couldn't see anything aside from the cracks. Could've been worse. Injuries to me was pretty bad but nothing I had to go to the hospital for.

49 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

thanks, took a moment to get back into the swing of things. Haven't touched it in like 6 years. My laptop had the most damage done.

as I fell I hit the table it was on and it knocked over into my dresser and the laptop slammed against the top of it and cracked up mostly on one side. At least it wasn't damaged to where I couldn't see anything aside from the cracks. Could've been worse. Injuries to me was pretty bad but nothing I had to go to the hospital for.

Damn that sucks, get well soon. Looking at the damage to the screen, I'm surprised it still works.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Woah!  I hope you are doing okay and are healing up.  Falling like that is really terrible.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 0:03 PM, NanaCheese94 said:

Wow, I wish I had known that trick about the peon ball when I had the game years ago, I would have easily platinumed the game. xD

6 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Ouch. The physical injuries are not what I'd cry over. That poor laptop! I had a laptop once, never used it.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1