PS Vita Update 2.10 to add Folder

Artemisthemp

Source - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/04/09/ps-vita-system-software-update-2-10-adds-folders-video-playback/

Sony confirm that PS Vita update 2.10 will release on April 10, 2013 and the biggest news in this update is Folders

Folders

• You can configure folders.
  • Up to 10 icons in a folder.
  • You can name the folders what you want.
  • The icons displayed on the home screen get shrunk a little, so they also end up a bit grainy.
  • Unclear whether the icon limit will increase or not.

Guess this means I finally can hide the useless Stock App away and may get down to 2-3 screen's.

Edited by Artemisthemp

this is needed. But am I the only one that wishes we could have the same xmb as the psp and ps3

I'd much rather have the XMB on the Vita as well. Adding folders is a good upgrade though and something that should've been added a while ago. Good to hear it's finally coming.

Parker

what is it with the xmb ?

Personally, I think it's the best "home screen" of any of the consoles this generation. It isn't flashy, everything is where it should be and easy to find. Finding a game by scrolling through the games folder on my PS3's XMB is much easier and faster than having to swipe page after page on my Vita. Though, the folder option should fix that problem.

Parker

• Like 1

Do you actually have enough content on your Vita to validate folders? O.o I just cant imagine what it is full of

The folders are only big enough for like 10 things.  Hell, I had to make 3 PS1 folders.  Next biggest is my PSP folder.  I split Vita up into Vita (Retail), Vita (Digital), and Vita (Plus), just cause I'm OCD.  That and I prefer to know what I need to buy to free up space if it comes to that.

• Like 1

Do you actually have enough content on your Vita to validate folders? O.o I just cant imagine what it is full of

I like to keep my devices organized. So yes, I had enough stuff. I really wanted to hide away all the apps that you can't delete and that I don't use. 

• Like 1

Personally, I think it's the best "home screen" of any of the consoles this generation. It isn't flashy, everything is where it should be and easy to find. Finding a game by scrolling through the games folder on my PS3's XMB is much easier and faster than having to swipe page after page on my Vita. Though, the folder option should fix that problem.

Parker

Probably because I don't have enough things on my Vita then (only a 4GB card) - so I have one page with the games, the rest is all settings :)