Warlord glitch to 20 too?

Rozalia1

I've searched around and it seems inconclusive thus far. First off the Warlord glitch can be used to derank from any level yes? Believe I'm LV7. It still works and hasn't been patched I take it? Furthermore... if this glitch works to get the level 30 trophy... would it not also work to get the level 20 by deranking from 30 to 20?

It's a bit too much of a risk to try to derank your minus XP to rank 20. I had like minus 50,000 XP and I was still rank 30 with the glitch and if you de-ranked down to rank 20 I assume you'd need to get around minus 150,000. If you got that negative amount but still remained at rank 30 then you'd have to do double the work of everyone else to get yourself to rank 20, which completely isn't worth it when rank 20 isn't that far away from Soldier of Misfortune when you grind it. 

Edited by Sergen

It depends. If you have unused diamonds when you do the glitch, you can just get to level 30, then play ten more quick games in which every game you apply a diamond in the lobby then reset when the game starts. This will derank you one level per game. I can confirm this works to get level 20 as it’s what I did a couple weeks ago. You must make sure though you do this all in one go without ever leaving the mp section of the game because that seems to lose the xp glitch and puts you back at level 1. So, reset the lobby every 2 games, have someone else host, and make sure you back out the lobby before they close it. 

Ah, good to hear confirmation. Sounds like it's gambling a bit as Far Cry 2 is so horrible in these matters but I'll give it a shot if anyone turns up to take it with me. 

Edit: Oh and unrelated, but how many players do you need to start a ranked match?

Edited by Rozalia1

On 06/05/2018 at 2:39 AM, Rozalia1 said:

Ah, good to hear confirmation. Sounds like it's gambling a bit as Far Cry 2 is so horrible in these matters but I'll give it a shot if anyone turns up to take it with me. 

Edit: Oh and unrelated, but how many players do you need to start a ranked match?

Only 2 players required. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, to give an ending to this. I got myself to level 10 via some standard boosting of killing people and then did the deranking to trigger the glitch. It worked and put me at 30 with minus amounts of experience. Deranking again to 29 gave me 1,250,000 experience rather then reducing it, though all the deranks from then on did reduce my experience. Made it to 20 and it popped. I'd heard this back to level 1 thing stated here before and so was expecting that but it instead reset me to level 30 with -998,000 experience or something like that. All the crystals are there so I can put them into whatever so... yeah... cool. I was quiting and hosting again after every game (simply disbanding the session and putting it back up had via past experience still resulted in the game engine nonsense popping up). I'd read you could safely host two games (which on later testing seems accurate) but didn't want to chance it so it took even longer than normal as there were runs where the game got my stats fine, and then other times it'd take a dozen times to get 'em (Far Cry 2 is amazing in how bad the online is).

The progress for the manuals hasn't been touched so the glitch doesn't impact that which is nice. Honestly it has encouraged me to actually grind out the manuals now. Not anything new to this type of grinding so it's cool. Do two 15 min sessions a day and eventually you'll get there. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm about to attempt these trophies now since Ubisoft might shut down the servers soon and I have a some questions:

1 - Does each diamond disappear once you remove it thus leaving you with 0 diamonds once deranking back to Rank 1? If so, how do you derank to 20, 10, and 5 without any more diamonds?

2 - How is this done with only 2 players, does it need to be a specific game mode?

3 - Does deranking from 30 to 20 leave you with negative XP, making it more difficult to obtain any of the other online trophies?

15 minutes ago, LudensPrime said:

Hi, I'm about to attempt these trophies now since Ubisoft might shut down the servers soon and I have a some questions:

1 - Does each diamond disappear once you remove it thus leaving you with 0 diamonds once deranking back to Rank 1? If so, how do you derank to 20, 10, and 5 without any more diamonds?

2 - How is this done with only 2 players, does it need to be a specific game mode?

3 - Does deranking from 30 to 20 leave you with negative XP, making it more difficult to obtain any of the other online trophies?

It's been a long while so i can only answer 2 of these. 

It can be done with 2 players in any mode because there's no set limit to start but there's a couple of manuals that do require a minimum of 3 because of double kills but a majority only needs 2 except double kills and the one requiring I think 16 players

As for the deranging glitch it's not so much an answer as a statement and that's it's best to play norrmay and rank to 20 then use the deran glitch to go down into negative to hit lvl 30 because is exponentially longer to go from 20-30 than it is from 1 to 20. To use a hypothetical it may take u 3 days to hit 20 it could take 3 weeks from 20-30 I don't think the deranking think would go from 30-20 very fast at all because youd still need to go into matches and purposfully deranklittle by little by little from the excess xp so it's just not suggested to try that 

I agree with Taliesin ^.

As for how the Diamonds work, each diamond is worth 1 level. So if you are level 6, it means that you have 5 diamonds. You need to hit level 19 to have 18 diamonds, which unlocks all the field manuals.

So to "reset a diamond" is to derank 1 level. So naturally, you won't be in any position where you can't derank unless you are level 1.

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 3:31 PM, Saionji said:

Yes as far as I remember it will let you get lv20 easily as well but since you need to get a lot of kills with each weapon for all Field Manuals you shouldnt bother as that should get you to lv20.

Soldier of fortune gets you to level 18. You can use the revive glitch for the last 2 levels. Thats what I did then I did warlord