New Battlefield reveal on May 23rd 2018

Lucas

''Intrepid Battlefield 1 players have solved an eye-catching Easter egg - and uncovered the date of the reveal of Battlefield V.

This week, Battlefield 1 players on the game's subreddit and the Battlefield 1 Easter Egg Discord managed to open an in-game door that had remained sealed shut for a year.

Above the door, which is found on the Fort de Vaux map, is the word "Isolement". A recent patch added a button system hidden behind posters dotted around the fort. These buttons poke through each of the signs on a specific letter, and need to be pushed in the correct order to spell out Isolement. Once done, the door to the Isolement room opens. Inside is a deserted cell. There's a tunnel in the corner of the room, which currently doesn't lead anywhere but you can chuck a grenade into it. There is also a pipe system with a couple of valves you can interact with. Inside the cell is a picture of a white horse - a painting apparently left unfinished by whoever escaped the cell.

It turns out, the ceiling pipes drip in morse code, which reveals the following message:

ea.com/neverbethesame''

Source: Eurogamer

This website shows a date (May 23rd 2018) and two buttons to share this website to Twitter or Facebook.

FMbUgiu.png

When clicking on the Twitter button, the following message automatically shows up:

X8KPdd9.png

Apparently, ''Battlefield will never be the same''. I'm very curious what this means and what the new Battlefield's going to be like. I'm excited to find out what we'll get to know on May 23rd :D!

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Conker said:

Hopefully that'll be there next game after this battlefield, although i somehow doubt it

My only interest in the Battlefield franchise is the Bad Company series.

Based on the things I know about this game right now... it is not going to be for me, sadly. I wanted a relatively realistic WW2 experience but this does not seem to be it. I'm just wondering why even bother hiring actual historians to make sure that the details are historically accurate when you are not staying true to the setting you have chosen all the way (in before: "it is just a game!!!11!").

I stayed up to watch the reveal stream last night and while there were many things I liked, there were many which I didn't (that customization for example). And the trailer was really disappointing. I don't even understand how I was so disappointed as I didn't really want a WW2 themed BF in the first place. Well, I have to check that multiplayer reveal and play the open beta to really decide on this one but I'm not keeping my hopes up. Luckily I can always play BF1 and even the BF4 servers are still up.