Head in the Cloud Solution (Boston/NY)

bigrake1

So it was my turn, I got it yesterday.  I didn't want to deal with it, so I left it.

I waited 24 hours (until Epsilon said 'Last scanned 1 day ago'), then put 5 pivots around it at the correct height, signed out in the XMB, counted to 10, signed in, pivot had moved to Frontier ?.

I feel sorry for whoever gets it on August 31st...

(BTW, I think I know how they did it.  When I was running from some enemies in New York, an NPC opened a window in front of me, creating a shortcut.  It was the first time I'd seen that happen in the game, so quite random.  The pivot is on the second floor, between two windows, I suspect there's a small possibility of an NPC opening a short cut there.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delameko said:

So it was my turn, I got it yesterday.  I didn't want to deal with it, so I left it.

I waited 24 hours (until Epsilon said 'Last scanned 1 day ago'), then put 5 pivots around it at the correct height, signed out in the XMB, counted to 10, signed in, pivot had moved to Frontier ?.

I feel sorry for whoever gets it on August 31st...

Nice work getting it out. Yes, someone is going to get torched around Aug 31. 

I’ve avoided theorizing about the troll pivot’s manner of placement in public forums so no one drops additional troll pivots in the mix!

There was actually a far worse troll pivot in play. It was placed high in the sky in the Frontier and couldn’t be countered. Broke someone’s plat run and remains in their game. 

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Read all this and I'm thankful that I had no issues when I did it.

It’s a single pivot being traded around so you’re very unlikely to have an issue. It’s not a glitch. This is just the really bad luck forum. ?

Edited by bigrake1

1 hour ago, BlueFoxYOT said:

What is this troll pivot and how to avoid it?

Please read the first posts in this thread for the “what is it.” Clearly explained. 

If you are actively playing the pivot mini game, there is a small, unavoidable chance someone can counter the troll pivot into your game.

Best way to avoid it: Be done with this achievement before the final week of August. 100% chance this breaks someone’s plat run in August. Someone will pull the short stick the final week. 

Edited by bigrake1

2 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

Nice work getting it out. Yes, someone is going to get torched around Aug 31. 

I’ve avoided theorizing about the troll pivot’s manner of placement in public forums so no one drops additional troll pivots in the mix!

There was actually a far worse troll pivot in play. It was placed high in the sky in the Frontier and couldn’t be countered. Broke someone’s plat run and remains in their game. 

It’s a single pivot being traded around so you’re very unlikely to have an issue. It’s not a glitch. This is just the really bad luck forum. 1f62a.png

I actually had a pivot spawn in the sky in Homestead in mine. Issue was it spawned in chapter 5 way before the end of the game. Despawned again thankfully. 

• Like 1

Maybe we should all leave pivots in easily accessible places.  I removed all my pivots after i was done, but later today I'm going to re-place them.  If we leave even 20 epsilon pivots in good places then the last person has only a 1 in 21 chance of getting the bad pivot (actually less than that, because we know there's at least another place in Boston and one in the Frontier).

If Epsilon is the last pivot most people collect, then they probably don't place it again, it probably has less spawns that the others..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Delameko said:

Maybe we should all leave pivots in easily accessible places.  I removed all my pivots after i was done, but later today I'm going to re-place them.  If we leave even 20 epsilon pivots in good places then the last person has only a 1 in 21 chance of getting the bad pivot (actually less than that, because we know there's at least another place in Boston and one in the Frontier).

If Epsilon is the last pivot most people collect, then they probably don't place it again, it probably has less spawns that the others..

That’s exactly what I did. A good recommendation as we head into this final month of access. 

Finally got the trophy after 3 days of the troll pivot and may have discovered a new way to get rid of the troll pivot (if someone who is stuck can also try this method and write back if it works/doesn’t work for them).

I’d tried the method mentioned here about 50 times to no avail. I started a new game and then played the first mission fully expecting to do a whole playing through again. After the first mission I looked at the pivot map and connected my account on this second save file. I then jumped back to my original save file and logged back into the pivot map and this had forced the pivot to move to a new location and I was able to collect it without a problem. Hope this helps! 

15 hours ago, jamo_kergozou said:

Finally got the trophy after 3 days of the troll pivot and may have discovered a new way to get rid of the troll pivot (if someone who is stuck can also try this method and write back if it works/doesn’t work for them).

I’d tried the method mentioned here about 50 times to no avail. I started a new game and then played the first mission fully expecting to do a whole playing through again. After the first mission I looked at the pivot map and connected my account on this second save file. I then jumped back to my original save file and logged back into the pivot map and this had forced the pivot to move to a new location and I was able to collect it without a problem. Hope this helps! 

Thanks for this new possible strategy. Doing the method prescribed in this thread 50x is a waste of time. You need only do it once. It's a waiting game. It's not a matter of doing this method +50x times and brute forcing (can't be done)...You are waiting for someone's game to receive your countered pivot. There is a chance your method works, and there's a solid chance it was a coincidence. My recommendation is still do to the strategy outlined in this thread once and to wait. Waiting is harder to do with the deadline looming, but it is what it is. Old game, known issue. However, the method prescribed in this forum definitely works.

Edited by bigrake1

8 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

Thanks for this new possible strategy. Doing the method prescribed in this thread 50x is a waste of time. You need only do it once. It's a waiting game. It's not a matter of doing this method +50x times and brute forcing (can't be done)...You are waiting for someone's game to receive your countered pivot. There is a chance your method works, and there's a solid chance it was a coincidence. My recommendation is still do to the strategy outlined in this thread once and to wait. Waiting is harder to do with the deadline looming, but it is what it is. Old game, known issue. However, the method prescribed in this forum definitely works.

50 was a bit of an exaggeration, but I tried your method several times with varying parameters over a 48 hour period. From reading comments here, in the PlayStations trophy thread outlining the same method and in YouTube comments it seems that it doesn’t work for everyone immediately. Not saying your method doesn’t work because clearly for some people it did but for others it didn’t, or they had to wait a few days for it to do so. 

The theory behind my method is that the pivots are tied to your Uplay account so when linking it to a new save file you are forcing the server to reconnect, giving you new locations and when you go back to your original save and connect it again, you are again making the server give new locations. It should be immediate and with the servers closing soon people may not have the time to play the waiting game. 

There’s however still a chance you would get the same troll pivot again even though you reconnected, so if someone is testing my method and this happens I would ask them to repeat the process of going to the second save and connecting and then going back to the first save and trying again. 

There was an old PlayStation trophies  thread with a similar method where people were having immediate success by linking their Uplay account to a different PSN account and then going back to their original PSN account. This would do the same thing in regards to the server as my theory. I would just like someone to test the method before I sound off with more conviction. 

My recommendation is still do to the strategy outlined in this thread once and to wait.” basically there’s no harm in testing my theory, which would be an improved method if correct. So not sure why you would you would recommend people not trying it and just waiting? 

5 hours ago, jamo_kergozou said:

So not sure why you would you would recommend people not trying it and just waiting? 

I never recommended people not try your method. I thanked you for your offering off the bat then acknowledged, indeed, you may have found a new strategy to deal with this. I merely stated that the strategy in this forum does work. I don’t believe it’s possible to move the pivot “immediately” unless you actually find a game ready to receive the pivot. That would happen by luck. 

People are certainly welcome to deploy your strategy to confirm whether or not it works. If it’s faster, then perhaps someone down the line can avoid having their plat run broken…Perhaps sending the pivot to someone who doesn’t hunt trophies and doesn’t care, removing this pivot from circulation (unlikely, as it’s mostly hunters who will play the pivot game). 

Edited by bigrake1

Sorry, late to the party here. I’m going through a first playthrough right now (just finished sequence 4). How essential is that I have 100% on everything before I go for this trophy? How much time to do I need to put aside to collect these pivots?

working backwards, when do I need to have finished the game and the epilogue missions by? 

Got the troll pivot. Placed all my 11 pivots on a raised location around it and tried forced resyncing. Nothing yet (12 hours scanned) so time to wait. I'll be checking it periodically and hopefully it doesn't stay stuck there!

UPDATE: After about 22 hours or so from the first scan, the pivot moved to a spot in the Frontier where it was easily taken. Didn't need to do the XMB trick again, as soon as I loaded my save in Single Player it was already somewhere else. Thanks a lot for the help and here's hoping it went to a non trophy hunter's save!

Edited by ArrenDusk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, patrickdziura said:

Got the troll pivot on Boston too. I tried the method but it's only 1 hour after the first sync. I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully it'll work tomorrow

it takes about 10 hours now. pivots sync at 500 percent due to increased players so where it would take 24 it will take half that now. Try in 12 hours see if its moved. Counter it with the raised pivots like everyone says because it does work. 

On 8/4/2022 at 0:51 AM, Rye-Rye-Baby said:

Sorry, late to the party here. I’m going through a first playthrough right now (just finished sequence 4). How essential is that I have 100% on everything before I go for this trophy? How much time to do I need to put aside to collect these pivots?

working backwards, when do I need to have finished the game and the epilogue missions by? 

You can rush the story in a non 100 percent sync run, in about 5 hours. That gives you more time to do the pivot hunting. If you want to enjoy the story etc it will take you about 20 hours

On 7/30/2022 at 7:06 AM, J2VLegacy said:

I had an issue when I couldn’t place any pivots and the exclamation mark kept on spinning or loading. Was able to get it to work by reducing the amount of friends I had. Everything after that went fine. 

if you have more than 49 ps3/vita friends then that will happen. Doesnt matter about your ps4/ps5 only count as those are players who wont show up on the older systems. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, patrickdziura said:

Tryed after 12 hours after the first sync and with elevated pivots. Didn't work. I sign out of PSN and I'll try again tomorrow

It is working. You’re waiting for an open game. Likely you’ll log on soon and find it has bounced to another game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

It is working. You’re waiting for an open game. Likely you’ll log on soon and find it has bounced to another game. 

So, after I did it, I just have to wait? I put some pivots on trees (Same height as the troll pivot), does it have any problem? And while I wait, I can play normally?

I just got the trophy with no issues at all. I feel bad for those of you who are struggling, I hope you all manage to grab the pivots with as much ease as I did in the next few days. 

On 04/08/2022 at 0:51 AM, Rye-Rye-Baby said:

I quickly ran through the campaign last week skipping cutscenes and not caring about 100% synch.

I spent the evening getting the pivots and honestly had no problems. 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 10:42 AM, jamo_kergozou said:

Did you delete the first save file (after a backup)?