Trophy Thoughts?

5 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Good list, I also just wish that one of these days they would put Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on one of these collections.. People need to experience just how epic that game was xD 

Good luck getting through the Michael Jackson estate. 

4 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

No there's only 20 challenges

Shame. That’s like 20 - 30 games in the collection without anything tied to them, other than playing them all for a gold trophy.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:30 AM, Spaz said:

Great job being the first to platinum.

I was really hoping for 50 trophies or so but one of my gripes is this collection focuses too much on certain games. There's dozens of games in this collection but only a select few of them outside of the challenges have a trophy tied to them.

Sounds like the challenges are the worst of them.

I'm very familiar with the Streets of Rage games, Sonic games, Shinobi 3 and Toejam & Earl games so getting those trophies won't be a problem. Overall this collection should be fairly easy.

I almost wish some of these games required you to beat them WITHOUT continues, saves or rewinds because that is how we had to play through them back in the day.

Thank ya!

Toejam and Earl was thankfully much easier than I was expecting (still played it through to the end) since you can get both trophies ASAP if you're lucky enough to get rocket boots or something else that can propel you to the secret island.

The 20 challenges don't let you use continues or save states, but they're all just one level a piece. It's still a nice little extra that makes this trophy set harder than the PS3.

On 27-5-2018 at 5:04 PM, Caliburst said:

You guys realized this is just a port of Steam version from 8 years ago, no improvement, same achievement/trophy list. Bad import and same input lag.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/34270/SEGA_Mega_Drive_and_Genesis_Classics/

A big NO for me.

Better off play on an unofficial emulator (on PC).

But those don't have Trophies ;)

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, Caliburst said:

You guys realized this is just a port of Steam version from 8 years ago, no improvement, same achievement/trophy list. Bad import and same input lag.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/34270/SEGA_Mega_Drive_and_Genesis_Classics/

A big NO for me.

Better off play on an unofficial emulator (on PC).

Yeah I just saw this a couple days ago.

Shame.

I normally don't gripe about how these developers go about releasing a trophy list but a good number of games in this collection are outright ignored in terms of gaining any achievement. Ecco the Dolphin, Decap Attack, Bonanza Bros, etc all don't look like they have any achievement attached to them. Which sucks.

If they're making us play through all of Streets of Rage 3 and score X amount of points in Space Harrier II, they should of just made trophies for beating Decap Attack, Ecco the Dolphin, E-SWAT, Beyond Oasis and at least one Phantasy Star game. Would of made for a much more interesting list along with say 50 trophies. More could of been added, like a trophy just for discovering something in Sonic 2, or getting to a certain point in Phantasy Star that's actually pretty far in.

That would of made players have to adjust and change their style of play rather than just assign trophies to platformers and beat-em-ups, which is what this trophy list is doing.

Still I'll probably buy this collection tonight and play it on an alt account for a bit just to get a general feel of things. But I'm pretty disappointed. So many years to think up a good trophy list, and getting this is just ugh. Lame.

Edited by Spaz

7 hours ago, conkervertex said:

How do I get the Alien soldier trophy? I did all 4 weapons. Still nothing. Please help!

When you have to pick the weapons, choose 4 different ones. Once you start playing fire a bullet with one weapon, switch to another one then fire and repeat for the other two and the trophy should unlock. If it doesn't try to play for a while picking up different weapons and using them.

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

I normally don't gripe about how these developers go about releasing a trophy list but a good number of games in this collection are outright ignored in terms of gaining any achievement. Ecco the Dolphin, Decap Attack, Bonanza Bros, etc all don't look like they have any achievement attached to them. Which sucks.

Just to say the Ecco the Dolphin isn't part of this collection. I believe it's due to licensing issues.

And yes the trophies/achievements are really laking. I also thought that they would at least throw a few trophies that require you to complete the games like the Street of Rage 1 and 3 trophies but almost all of them can be unlocked in the first levels of the games and the challenges are more annoying than a true challenge (looking at you Street of Rage 3). Heck for the platinum you only need to play half of the games (the other half you just start them for the play 50 games trophy) and from the 20 challenges, only 6 of them are for games that don't have a trophy. They didn't even bother with giving Gunstar Heroes and Altered Beast a trophy or challenge and it's one of their most famous games, they even appear in the intro for god's sake.

I'm one short and it's the Shining Force trophy. It says make it Alterone. I did the challenge and no trophy. Does this have to be during the normal course of the game? 

This port is all kinds of jacked up with no trophies popping, glitches and bugs. Not to mention, some terrible ports and skipping. You wanna see a bad port? Load up Streets of Rage 3 and just listen to the sound conversion. Awful!

10 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

Just to say the Ecco the Dolphin isn't part of this collection. I believe it's due to licensing issues.

And yes the trophies/achievements are really laking. I also thought that they would at least throw a few trophies that require you to complete the games like the Street of Rage 1 and 3 trophies but almost all of them can be unlocked in the first levels of the games and the challenges are more annoying than a true challenge (looking at you Street of Rage 3). Heck for the platinum you only need to play half of the games (the other half you just start them for the play 50 games trophy) and from the 20 challenges, only 6 of them are for games that don't have a trophy. They didn't even bother with giving Gunstar Heroes and Altered Beast a trophy or challenge and it's one of their most famous games, they even appear in the intro for god's sake.

I think it's pretty bullshit that a game that is from 1993 would still have licensing issues.

Disney games that were on the Sega Genesis games? Understandable, because Disney is infamous for copyright claims and they're extremely sensitive and strict when it comes to copyright. If anything they will be on a separate collection. Capcom managed to come out with the Disney Afternoon collection, so a similar collection is totally possible.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles are likely out because of the Michael Jackson estate. Michael Jackson himself was involved with the music in the game, at least in Sonic 3 from what I remember. Still it's a shame, because those two Sonic games are pretty much vital to any Genesis collection, regardless of platform.

I absolutely loved the Street of Rage games. Streets of Rage 3 I rented at a local video store for a number of years back in the mid - late 1990s because I enjoyed it so much.

While I like that you have to collect all 6 Chaos Emeralds in the first Sonic game, I still think it's bad that they still don't make you do much in Sonic 2. Collecting five lives in Emerald Hill Zone is piss easy if you played the shit out of that game like so many of us did back in the day. I would of liked there to be a trophy for completing the game, but only the Sonic 2 standalone release on PSN gives you that.

There's just far too many games in this collection that have absolutely nothing tied to them. No interviews, no unlockables really, no additional games for completing an achievement or earning a trophy in another game, etc etc. In all honesty I just think this collection feels incomplete.

Personally I wouldn't mind DLC trophies to be added, like the option to pay money to get additional games with trophies. But that probably isn't going to happen.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:43 AM, Conker said:

List seems about as easy as the sonic/Sega ps3 lists, challenges might pose the biggest difficulties.

just glad no more this trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/472-sega-mega-drive-ultimate-collection/20-yatta:D 

Praise Be! I'm just happy that this trophy isn't on here that was my worry. On the Xbox 360 I got that rather quick then I traded in that version for PS3 and I almost died it felt like it took ages (pun intended) to get that damn trophy. I think the Cell BE is smarter than the Xenon processor for X360 when it game to this one. Overall I think it is a good list, looks easier than the PS3/X360 list even with excluding Yatta.

I would have liked to see Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles on this collection but I have the digital versions on the Xbox 360 which are backward compatible with Xbox One.

Just for the sake of completion I would have liked to have the original Phantasy Star on this collection as well. Now the only game I really want to see from Sega as either a standalone or on a future complication for consoles is Eternal Champions.

Edited by ScoldingComa7