Trophy Thoughts?

31 minutes ago, gamerrob25 said:

I just wish their was more trophies for actually completing the games.

Right? 

I think this would be something really sensible. Just beat all games, any way you want, there, done. All trophies for all games played.

Well, my favourite series - Streets of Rage - seems to have the hardest Trophies & you have to finish some of them.

I like this trophy list!

There don't seem to be any unlockable games though, I kinda hoped for that.

There might be DLC, as the digital release mentions in game purchases...

5 hours ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

Pretty much the same as the PS3 version with a few adjusted trophies but who am I to complain I will be getting it at some point no doubt lol.

It's not the same as the PS3 version at all. It's totally different.

Edited by Klart

7 minutes ago, Klart said:

It's not the same as the PS3 version at all. It's totally different.

It's got 9 less trophies than the PS3 version as well, also surprised that Mega Drive and Genesis has been combined into the same list. 

Edited by Martain2

I was waiting for this to make my mind about buying this game or not. I’ll pass it... for now.

They said it would be a challenging platinum for the trophy hunters... NO, it’s even more basic than the SEGA Ultimate Collection.

Do you know retroachivements website? Some few game have creative challenges like complete the Green Hill Zone with only 500 points (defeating Robotnick) in Sonic 1. Most of trophies are made in Sonic Games, most of the games don’t have a single trophy.

Idk I was expecting something like BLUR, where you need to do some tasks to unlock the trophy/mastery. They could use the same system.

Finally: these game have cheat codes like level select and debug mode. You can use this to make the gold trophies easier (like SoR, 9lives, jump into level 6 on easy and complete the level)

22 hours ago, mako-heart said:

If you don't know the games, don't buy it. I'm not joking, they're all from 80s/90s

What?  That makes no sense.  If they're interested give them a reason to check it out or give them a reason not to.  The games being old hold no weight in any argument.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, angelgrievous said:

What?  That makes no sense.  If they're interested give them a reason to check it out or give them a reason not to.  The games being old hold no weight in any argument.  

If they don't even know them, they're clearly not interested in older games. So yeah, it does. 

3 hours ago, DarkParodius said:

Just popped the platinum trophy.

The challenges don't allow save states/rewinding so you're at their mercy. The Golden Axe challenges were the worst of them.

Everything else is doable without too much of a hassle thanks to rewind/fast forward as well as save states. 

Great job being the first to platinum.

I was really hoping for 50 trophies or so but one of my gripes is this collection focuses too much on certain games. There's dozens of games in this collection but only a select few of them outside of the challenges have a trophy tied to them.

Sounds like the challenges are the worst of them.

I'm very familiar with the Streets of Rage games, Sonic games, Shinobi 3 and Toejam & Earl games so getting those trophies won't be a problem. Overall this collection should be fairly easy.

I almost wish some of these games required you to beat them WITHOUT continues, saves or rewinds because that is how we had to play through them back in the day.

Edited by Spaz

3 hours ago, DarkParodius said:

The challenges don't allow save states/rewinding so you're at their mercy. The Golden Axe challenges were the worst of them.

Everything else is doable without too much of a hassle thanks to rewind/fast forward as well as save states. 

Yeah the very same. Nicely done.

A little disappointed to see that some games were forgotten such as streets of rage 2, desert strike, sonic 3D blast & 3, sonic and knuckles, revenge of shinobi, comix zone, castlevania bloodlines, vectorman 1 & 2, gunstar heroes, mortal kombat, castle of illusion, flicky, phantasy star, micro machines, super street fighter, road rash 2. are some examples of how this collection could be much better. Anyway, I'll play it 

Edited by Ayane Despair

28 minutes ago, Ayane Despair said:

A little disappointed to see that some games were forgotten such as streets of rage 2, desert strike, sonic 3D blast & 3, sonic and knuckles, revenge of shinobi, comix zone, castlevania bloodlines, vectorman 1 & 2, gunstar heroes, mortal kombat, castle of illusion, flicky, phantasy star, micro machines, super street fighter, road rash 2. are some examples of how this collection could be much better. Anyway, I'll play it 

These are actually part of this collection...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GTA93 said:

These are actually part of this collection...

All of those games doesnt have any trophies...

Edit : I still hadn't seen the full list of games, but it was better if they all had related trophies

Edited by Ayane Despair
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DarkParodius said:

Is there a challenge for every game?

On 25/05/2018 at 5:09 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

I'm a retro gamer primarily so i'm getting this collection regardless, but i'm happy to see that these will at least be slightly more challenging compared to the PS3 collection.

Me too.

But i'll say this I wanted Battle Mania, Alisia Dragon, El viento, Grey Lancer, The rolling thunder and Marvel Land in the collection. I wonder if we will ever have these games back...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Me too.

But i'll say this I wanted Battle Mania, Alisia Dragon, El viento, Grey Lancer, The rolling thunder and Marvel Land in the collection. I wonder if we will ever have these games back...

Good list, I also just wish that one of these days they would put Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on one of these collections.. People need to experience just how epic that game was xD 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

looks fine to me until I saw a trophy involved sonic spin ball, I really hated this game!!

one of the worst sonic game I ever played! I really hated myself back in the ps2 Era trying to just beat it to unlock the extra bonus locked behind it in the Sega mega collection plus.

At least you only have to beat the first level.  Gotta love its, I dunno, 7 fps?