Hellkite Wyvern Exploit Removed

I got the Drake Sword the day the game came out with the bridge/bow method and so did my boyfriend. The sword is still required for the platinum and the way you can get it hasn't changed at all, you're just not shooting at the tail from a good angle.

You should change the title of the thread because it's misinforming.

Yeah I went for that immediately and got it so its definitely still there. 

On 5/30/2018 at 1:00 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I wouldn't even call it an "exploit", it's just a really inefficient way to get a garbage sword. :P Much easier just to cut its tail off in melee combat later in the game.

Hey now, it's a great sword to start with. 

Can confirm I got this weapon at the earliest opportunity with no problems standing under the bridge with a bow. Took about 10 hits. You’ll know you hit the dragon because he will start flying and then return to where he was perched. Rinse and repeat

11 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Hey now, it's a great sword to start with. 

It's highly overrated. New players are doing themselves a disservice by using it since it ill prepares them for the rest of the game - it lures them into a false sense of security. It's better to use a more traditional sword to get to grips with how the game's stat scaling works as well as weapon reinforcement. Since it requires 16 strength to wield in one hand, that essentially means a lot of dex weapons are off the table for that character otherwise it's a waste of points. Besides, you can easily create a more damaging weapon as early as the depths.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's highly overrated. New players are doing themselves a disservice by using it since it ill prepares them for the rest of the game - it lures them into a false sense of security. It's better to use a more traditional sword to get to grips with how the game's stat scaling works as well as weapon reinforcement. Since it requires 16 strength to wield in one hand, that essentially means a lot of dex weapons are off the table for that character otherwise it's a waste of points. Besides, you can easily create a more damaging weapon as early as the depths.

Oh its definitely overrated, but that doesnt mean it's not a good starter sword for its requirements.  Once you get the lightning spear or make a decent elemental weapon the dragon sword becomes pointless. And I only need dex for a few bows, I'm a pyro/one-handed sword player with the occasional swap to a shield, so I think I invested 1 point in str once I actually acquired the sword to wield properly. Range is nice, but not my preference in Souls games. 

Plus, you can always level up dex. I mean you spend a few points on str that you'll likely spend later anyways. This is dark souls. If you dont like your build, or eff it up, then grind those souls and get better. Lol. So many Drake Sword haters.

But I agree it can do a disservice to new players, but that's part of the learning curve. Take that sword after immediately getting it to blighttown. Given the soul level around the time of acquiring it and blighttown can still kick your ass without patience