"Trophy Case" (Top 10 trophies, or 20 or 30-TBD) --- The feature you've all been asking for

Here's a biggie new feature to the site I've read requested a myriad of times, especially recently in the DLC rarity policy thread.

It involves people wanting in the place of the "Top 5 Rarest Trophies", to be a "Trophy Case".

In this Trophy Case would be a user's top personal rarest trophies. The amount, whether 10, 20 or 30 is to be decided by the staff.

Currently, Xbox achievement stat site TrueAchievements.com has a Trophy Case. Here is an example of a user's page on TrueAchievements with a trophy case:

trueachievementstrophgxuve.png

And here is a mock-up of what it could look like on PSNProfiles:

psnptrophycasemockupfwueh.png

Two kinds of icons could be placed inside: one being any earned trophy, and second type being entire completion a.k.a. the game banner image (that you see when browsing on the PS3 XMB or Vita trophy app---or here on people's trophy list!).

I noticed that Sly implemented a way of having customized game banners back when cheaters were originally auto-flagged. When auto-flagged, they would have a little box on the right showing the game banner icons of the games that they were caught cheating in.

So, we can use this same customizable technology with the Trophy Case.

After this is implemented, further similar "box areas" on the side of the profile could be added, such as a paragraph-long "Bio" area. Users could write about themself or link to their other places on the web such as Twitter.

And even furthermore, on the right could also be a (hide-able) Friend Feed, where user's PSN friends accomplishments would go (Friend 1 got a trophy in Game C - Trophy 32), (Friend 4 Completed Game - Game P), (Friend 2 started game - Game Y) and so on.

So far, profile pages on PSNProfiles (and all trophy site profiles) have little to no customization or "life" to it.

This will be the first big step at breathing life and humanism into profiles.

This would be a huge breakthrough and revolutionary feature. PSNProfiles, like with other features, will pave the way for being the inventor and originator once again.

If you want to make this Premium only, that's up to you. Perhaps normal members can add up to 10 items to the Trophy Case, Premium can add up to 30.

Edited by HipHecooblik
  • Like 4

I dont like that look, just make it look the same way the Top 5 Rarest are displayed

That's an idea, too. That way, the text of the trophies can be illustrated instead of it being non-descript pictures. On the negative side, there won't be as much capacity. Perhaps 10-20 maximum without cluttering the page too much.

not taking anything away from da Boss, for rolling out da Trophy case feature ya showcased and mocked up. but I wanted to say thanks for pressing da point. and sadly, most often a helping hand is bitten before it is realized for what it is actually doing,"helping". thanks again. stick around. get active. share some more of ya thoughts. well, think I said enough as is. hope to see ya around more often.    ltr