Share one of your Favorite Anime Songs

Honor_Hand

On 16/8/2018 at 6:39 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I was going to post the OP eventually, but it looks like you beat me to it, lol. I own the single and this is my lock screen, which is a cropped version of the cover:

If it wasn't obvious, I really love Kanade (and the songs, of course).  If you haven't already, I highly recommend listening to the full versions of the OP and ED.

lol I can see you're quite the Kanade fan. Great pick :)

I did like all the characters but I can understand why you have a soft spot for her. She and Yui were my favorite girls but it'd be hard for me to put one over the other as a personal favorite ;)

Yep, already went back and forth on the full versions of those songs, the complete soundtrack from the series and even the full Girls Dead monster album. Great stuff. The soundtrack of the series alone is just outstanding.

Gonna share one more song on this thread and add the alternate opening of the fourth episode of Angel Beats! A more rocky beat of the same song I posted previously.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

lol I can see you're quite the Kanade fan. Great pick :)

I did like all the characters but I can understand why you have a soft spot for her. She and Yui were my favorite girls but it'd be hard for me to put one over the other as a personal favorite ;)

Nice, I like Yui a lot too. It's easy for me to choose because Kanade is voiced by my favorite seiyuu, Hanazawa Kana (I could go on about how I have all of her albums, her voice is my ringtone, and other such things, but I'll spare you the details...)  While it's not the only reason I love her, it's definitely a part of it.

11 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yep, already went back and forth on the full versions of those songs, the complete soundtrack from the series and even the full Girls Dead monster album. Great stuff. The soundtrack of the series alone is just outstanding.

Wow, that's more than I've listened to, lol. I've mostly just listened to the opening and ending songs, though I have been meaning to listen to what you mentioned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everyone? o.O And, most importantly, why is there no Code Geass related music in this thread yet?

Don't worry though, that can be easily fixed.

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of mecha in my anime. Code Geass, however, had an interesting cast of characters and such a gripping and deep plot, that it was almost impossible for me to ignore. I had a hard time deciding on whether to use the first or the fourth OP for this thread but I ultimately decided on the first one due to how catchy that song was back then ^^

Spoiler

Screw it! I am also including the 4th OP theme too xD

• Like 2

On 16/08/2018 at 11:39 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I've never seen Kara no Kyoukai, but I'm very familiar with this song and the album it comes from.

It's easily one of my favorite Kalafina songs. The acoustic strings version is amazing as well, but I prefer the original.

Honestly I actually prefer the acoustic version, especially the one on the Winter Acoustic album. Original's great though.

So happy that they performed most of the Kara no Kyoukai themes at the 10th Anniversary (and final) live, was one hell of an experience and certainly one that will stay with me for my whole life. Whole event was incredible but Oblivious and Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku especially gave me chills.

Also to keep things on topic, have a wonderful ED by Etsuko Yakushimaru:

Edited by Seasonreaper
Adding artist name to video
  • Like 2

Before Youtube removes it (Can`t trust Youtube those days)

Like the song and love the anime.

Finally a clear version of the Japanese Version with no extra ost or something after the song is over. while I have not gotten that far on DB Super. I like this a song a lot as I play it doing a Hard Game endgame/before getting the :platinum: or a Boss on Hard or Expert difficulty.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seasonreaper said:

Honestly I actually prefer the acoustic version, especially the one on the Winter Acoustic album. Original's great though.

So happy that they performed most of the Kara no Kyoukai themes at the 10th Anniversary (and final) live, was one hell of an experience and certainly one that will stay with me for my whole life. Whole event was incredible but Oblivious and Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku especially gave me chills.

Part of the reason I prefer the original is probably due to guitarist bias, lol. I tend to prefer "heavier" songs like Magia and Destination Unknown, but I also love songs like Falling Snow and Hikari ni Kaete Iku. 

Wow, you actually saw them live? That's awesome. I would have loved to if Japan wasn't so far away and expensive to fly/stay there. Now I'll never get the chance... Anyway, if they played most of the Kara no Kyoukai themes, that would mean that they played most of Seventh Heaven, right? That makes me even more jealous! Seventh Heaven is my second favorite (a very close second, I should say) Kalafina album.

On 30/08/2018 at 9:16 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Part of the reason I prefer the original is probably due to guitarist bias, lol. I tend to prefer "heavier" songs like Magia and Destination Unknown, but I also love songs like Falling Snow and Hikari ni Kaete Iku. 

Wow, you actually saw them live? That's awesome. I would have loved to if Japan wasn't so far away and expensive to fly/stay there. Now I'll never get the chance... Anyway, if they played most of the Kara no Kyoukai themes, that would mean that they played most of Seventh Heaven, right? That makes me even more jealous! Seventh Heaven is my second favorite (a very close second, I should say) Kalafina album.

Hah, fair. Korenaga's guitar skills are pretty damn great, just wish I could've seen Mata Kaze, Obbligato or Destination Unknown live. Did get Identify though, he went all out during that. Same with Ongaku.

Yeah, I first saw them at Japan Expo in Paris back in 2014, but it was just the girls with a backing track and only 8 songs (plus Prelude from the BEST Red album, which actually had never been revealed before then), was still a great experience. Also got to meet them and get their autographs multiple times during the weekend. A friend of mine then said she had some spare tickets for some of the dates on the far on the water tour in 2015, ended up going over to Japan for a week with a couple of friends and saw them perform in Osaka at a proper live event.

I'd already decided after the first time I saw them that I'd do everything I can to attend their 10th anniversary live if they reached it, and that was also successful. Ended up with a whole bunch of overseas fans from around the world attending, many of whom I also knew. Spent two weeks back in January this year over in Japan, with the 10th anniversary live near the middle of the trip. It was incredible. It's also been released as a live DVD/BD. They didn't play all of Seventh Heaven, but got Oblivious, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku, Kizuato, Sprinter and ARIA (plus Alleluia in regards to Kara no Kyoukai) They also performed Natsu no Ringo, serenato (one of my very favourite songs) and, as always, Ongaku. so a good chunk of the album. Whole chunk of rare b-sides and the only performance ever of Kantankatan from their final single too.

20 hours ago, Seasonreaper said:

Hah, fair. Korenaga's guitar skills are pretty damn great, just wish I could've seen Mata Kaze, Obbligato or Destination Unknown live. Did get Identify though, he went all out during that. Same with Ongaku.

Yeah, I first saw them at Japan Expo in Paris back in 2014, but it was just the girls with a backing track and only 8 songs (plus Prelude from the BEST Red album, which actually had never been revealed before then), was still a great experience. Also got to meet them and get their autographs multiple times during the weekend. A friend of mine then said she had some spare tickets for some of the dates on the far on the water tour in 2015, ended up going over to Japan for a week with a couple of friends and saw them perform in Osaka at a proper live event.

I'd already decided after the first time I saw them that I'd do everything I can to attend their 10th anniversary live if they reached it, and that was also successful. Ended up with a whole bunch of overseas fans from around the world attending, many of whom I also knew. Spent two weeks back in January this year over in Japan, with the 10th anniversary live near the middle of the trip. It was incredible. It's also been released as a live DVD/BD. They didn't play all of Seventh Heaven, but got Oblivious, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku, Kizuato, Sprinter and ARIA (plus Alleluia in regards to Kara no Kyoukai) They also performed Natsu no Ringo, serenato (one of my very favourite songs) and, as always, Ongaku. so a good chunk of the album. Whole chunk of rare b-sides and the only performance ever of Kantankatan from their final single too.

I have no words... Seriously, I feel like I've run out of adjectives to explain how amazing that all is. And wow, they really did play a good chunk of Seventh Heaven. That's almost all my favorite songs from the album. Mata Kaze and the title track are sadly missing, though. Anyway, I've been to a lot of concerts, but none outside of the US. That reminds me, I really need to get the live DVDs. 

Speaking of Destination Unknown, that probably would've been one of the first songs I posted in this thread. It's not in any anime as far as I know, though. Same with Mata Kaze (great way to shorten it, by the way).

More on topic, here's another song from Mizuki Nana:

I can't seem to find a video of the full version, so that'll have to work. I just started listening to Great Activity a few days ago, and I already love this song. I haven't seen Strikers yet, so I didn't even know it was one of the openings until now. 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2018 at 1:23 AM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I have no words... Seriously, I feel like I've run out of adjectives to explain how amazing that all is. And wow, they really did play a good chunk of Seventh Heaven. That's almost all my favorite songs from the album. Mata Kaze and the title track are sadly missing, though. Anyway, I've been to a lot of concerts, but none outside of the US. That reminds me, I really need to get the live DVDs. 

Speaking of Destination Unknown, that probably would've been one of the first songs I posted in this thread. It's not in any anime as far as I know, though. Same with Mata Kaze (great way to shorten it, by the way).

I've been mostly local too, living in the UK. But music is my main deal, so if I'm going abroad I generally go to concerts when I do. Attended a bunch back in January albeit none of the others were even close to the scale of the Kalafina live. I was hoping to see Aimer when I was in Kyoto too, but failed to get tickets for it. Damn lottery systems.

Talking of which, on topic: 

On 30/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, Leon Castle said:

Before Youtube removes it (Can`t trust Youtube those days)

Like the song and love the anime.

I have to admit, I liked that song...and that kitty over there too. Will be quite probably watching this one once it finishes airing. Thanks for sharing ;)

My pick for today's post is from an anime I finished watching recently, Bungo Stray Dogs.

Series started kind of weak but got much cooler the further I progressed into it. This is the opening of the second season. Loved it when it started playing during the climax of the final episode. Quite a rocking soundtrack let me tell you.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

My pick for today's post is from an anime I finished watching recently, Bungo Stray Dogs.

Series started kind of weak but got much cooler the further I progressed into it. This is the opening of the second season. Loved it when it started playing during the climax of the final episode. Quite a rocking soundtrack let me tell you.

That played doing the Weretiger VS Dragon battle(The Man looked more like a Oni but whatever) in the Movie Dead Apple. that said

First time that I watched a Anime Movie with a OP. looking forward to season 3.

• Like 1

Database! Database! Just living in the database! Whoa Oh! ♪♫♪

Bombastic opening for a great series that had a pretty cool startup but that ended up boring me with excessive politics near the end of the first season. Shiroe is a cool main character though and Akatsuki is way too cute for an assassin. Still, I need to catch up with the second season at some point. I think they carried on using the same song for the second season, right? It just goes to show how cool the song is.

Database! Database! ♪

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 2