Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

"The Korean ratings board has now rated another collection – this time just for the PS3 – known as “Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection”. This is the same site that outed Resident Evil: Revelations HD prior to the official announcement."

This is an image from Kojima's Twitter:
BIGVgBaCEAAm4r3.jpg

Source

vjifBDD.jpg

Edited by Chambers35
  • Like 1

What will this include? I just bought MGS4 for $10 just to learn I need to play the others first. If this includes all the games, I will just sell MGS4 to someone for $5 and get this instead.

I really want to play this series finally....it's bugging me.

CDoANNG.png

Image links to the tweet

Update via IGN

Konami has now confirmed the Legacy Collection, which "will include Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition (which includes the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition. In addition, the collection will also include two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels."

"We wanted to give Metal Gear Solid fans the opportunity to experience the series from beginning to end, all on one console," said Konami president Tomoyuki Tsuboi. "With the collection's multiple titles, players can truly see how Metal Gear Solid evolved into the critically acclaimed and beloved franchise it is today."
Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 1

Latest news:

Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection not coming to Xbox 360 because data size still an issue

Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection, a compilation coming to PlayStation 3 this year, won't be released for Xbox 360 because of the large data size of Metal Gear Solid 4 is still an issue, according to franchise creator Hideo Kojima.

Speaking during the Mogren Radio show on his blog, Kojima explained the large collection is possible only on PlayStation 3 because the console uses Blu-ray technology. The Xbox 360 uses DVD. Metal Gear Solid 4 has not been previously released on the console, and has enough data to fill seven Xbox discs.

"I'm sorry to say an Xbox 360 version isn't being released, because an Xbox 360 version of [Metal Gear Solid 4] hasn't gone on sale," said Kojima. "To explain the situation, the amount of data in MGS4 is just too enormous."

"I want to put [The Legacy Collection] out [for Xbox 360]," he added. "But we won't be releasing it."

Kojima added that it could be possible to release the compilation for Microsoft's next-generation console.

"When it's the next [Xbox] console, maybe we can release [Metal Gear Solid 4 or The Legacy Collection]," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will launch this June for PS3. The bundle includes Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition and two digital graphic novels by artist Ashley Wood.

Source: Polygon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...